Pelosi's New District Office Costs $18,736 a Month
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pelosi's New District Office Costs $18,736 a Month

Angry Pelosi's New District Office Costs $18,736 a Month

Pelosi's New District Office Costs $18,736 a Month

Published June 14, 2010

| FOXNews.com

FOXNews.com - Pelosi's New District Office Costs $18,736 a Month
    San Francisco is a high-rent city. Just ask Nancy Pelosi.

The House Speaker's
    district office in the new federal building in San Francisco costs a whopping $18,736 a month -- the highest rental paid by any member of the House -- or, more precisely, the highest rental paid by taxpayers on behalf of a member of the House. The rental price was reported by Roll Call on Monday.

The Democratic congresswoman moved last fall from her old office in the Burton Federal Building, which she occupied for 20 years, to a "greener" space in the city's new federal building -- a move and a high price that her spokesman, Drew Hammill, says was amply justified.

Hammill cited the new building's increased security measures and the new office's larger size as reasons for the move -- and the expense. "The new office space is 3,075 square feet, nearly a third larger than the old space, which was of inadequate size," he told FoxNews.com.

"As speaker, the security needs are different," he said. "The new San Francisco Federal Building offers enhanced security features, which were a major factor in the decision to move offices."

The new office, he said, also is "more centrally located," provides easier access for constituents "via public transportation," and the building consumes "less than half the power of a standard office tower, saving taxpayer funds on utility costs."

Pelosi's constituency hasn't significantly expanded in size, but her San Francisco staff has increased to a size that requires a larger space for files and storage, he said -- though he did not provide a precise number. The difference in office size is approximately 1,000 square feet, he said.

Roll Call reported Monday that Pelosi's new office space costs almost double that of the next-highest rental office held by a House member. Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., reportedly pays just under $10,600 a month for his office in New York's Soho neighborhood.

The newspaper, which cites a database produced by the Sunlight Foundation, also reports that other lawmakers, like Democratic Reps. Stephen Lynch of Boston and Diane Watson of Los Angeles, pay exorbitant rental fees for their offices -- $9,000 to $10,000 a month.

Click here to read more in this story from Rollcall.com.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Now I know where my cost of living allowance from Social Security went to.

wolfhunter Guest
    Sorry, Duke, but you're probably right.

I'd go off here, but Wolfhunter will call me on the carpet and I'll have to edit the post.

It just keeps getting worse...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

wolfhunter Guest
    LOL, 6SC! I'm probably muttering the same things as I sit here.

Her OFFICE is over 3,000 square feet? My entire house is only 1200 square feet...but it's paid for and is easy maintenance for two 60+ "youngsters".
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

wolfhunter Guest
    Mine, too Mom. BOTH our houses would fit INSIDE her office suite.

Lets Kick Her Out On Her Arse

She doesn't seem to be the sharpest tack in the box and she is certainly a drain on the US economy with no regard for spending our money, lets ELECT her out of a JOB. Lets renege on her benefits and demand she subscribe to the current Obama Care insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by .22M.R.F. View Post
    She doesn't seem to be the sharpest tack in the box and she is certainly a drain on the US economy with no regard for spending our money, lets ELECT her out of a JOB. Lets renege on her benefits and demand she subscribe to the current Obama Care insurance.
    That's the general idea. Out with the old and useless..

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

SHOCKER!.....And why is it that everything "green" co$t$ $o much GREEN?????????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast