The Rise of the New Right - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Rise of the New Right

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post

I looked quickly, but I think I'd rather slam my fingers in a car door (repeatedly) than watch the entire thing.

Peace...
    6shooter, thanks for the I could honestly "hear" the sincere disgust in your post!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    This is what pisses me off (ok, one thing of many)...the media does this crap, but there are never any public retractions or ammended stories..as they saying goes "You can't unring the bell once it's rung"..and they know that...they run false or misleading stories, and leave them out there floating around, even after they get caught...
    The slime stream media is not reporting the news, they're creating the news. Big difference from the Paul Harvey days!

Oh great...I just dated myself. For you youngsters, who've never heard of the man, Google it and learn about how news is supposed to be reported.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    The slime stream media is not reporting the news, they're creating the news. Big difference from the Paul Harvey days!

Oh great...I just dated myself. For you youngsters, who've never heard of the man, Google it and learn about how news is supposed to be reported.
    I love Paul Harvey, listened to him all the time when I was a kid.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

I'm so right winged I do barrel rolls all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Very poignant mom, I for one dont see the 24hr news cycle as a positive thing. They have some much time on their hands that they do create news & generally none of it is positive.

"if it bleeds, it leads"

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    That's the REAL problem here in america, because too many americans take what they see on CNN as gospel. Reuters, a major news service, admitted to cropping photos of the Israeli raid on the Mari Marmarva ship before sending them to various news agency. They wanted to make Israel look bad and totally at fault. FOXNews.com - Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

I believe the news agencies are literally making policy and controlling american thought That's real scary.
    I am not a lefty, but your first sentence could also say the exact same thing except replace CNN with FOXNews. Fox is just as guilty of creating news as the other guys, just there are so many other guys. They blend commentary with news to the point you don't know what is opinion and what is news..
    Too many Right wingers depend on FOX news and take everything that is said there as gospel. You can hear it in interview after interview of right wingers as they repeat what they heard on Fox, but have no idea if it's true, or have any further thoughts on it beyond what they were told. I'm sure they hand pick the video to make it look this way, but I've talked to enough Right Wingers to know that it does apply to the majority (Present company excluded)

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    I am not a lefty, but your first sentence could also say the exact same thing except replace CNN with FOXNews. Fox is just as guilty of creating news as the other guys, just there are so many other guys. They blend commentary with news to the point you don't know what is opinion and what is news..
    Too many Right wingers depend on FOX news and take everything that is said there as gospel. You can hear it in interview after interview of right wingers as they repeat what they heard on Fox, but have no idea if it's true, or have any further thoughts on it beyond what they were told. I'm sure they hand pick the video to make it look this way, but I've talked to enough Right Wingers to know that it does apply to the majority (Present company excluded)
    While I agree that Fox News isn't infallible, I trust their conservative leanings over the liberal dribble of the slime stream media. Fox News gives us an alternative source for news and commentary. I DO NOT watch O'Reilly...he's not conservative enough for my tastes. Hannity and Beck are my Fox commentators of choice. So, yes, one has to pick and choose even with Fox News. Keep in mind that they DO advertise "fair and balanced", so when interviewing, they present BOTH sides of an issue. However, if a person is grounded in their conservative/JudeoChristian beliefs, they CAN recognize the truth and reject the rest.
    Last edited by Conservative Wife & Mom; 06-18-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    All true enough. But, I think of it this way: if we lose Fox News, it's over. At that point, there will be no nationwide news outlet espousing the alternative (read: conservative) point of view. We'll simply be left with the tripe offered up by the rest of the media. And we know how "fair and balanced" they are, don't we? All we'll have then is "government media". No thanks.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Although Fox is better than the other major news sources I am not convinced that it really is what we would like to believe it is. Perhaps it is shall we way a token conservative news source. To get the real scoop you have to go to something like the following.
    The New American
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Although Fox is better than the other major news sources I am not convinced that it really is what we would like to believe it is. Perhaps it is shall we way a token conservative news source. To get the real scoop you have to go to something like the following.
    The New American
    For ONLINE news, The New American website is an excellent source, HK. So are: Liberty News online, RenewAmerica and DRUDGE REPORT 2010® My comments on Fox News were in reference to the TV/cable/satellite news sources available to the viewing audience.
    Last edited by Conservative Wife & Mom; 06-18-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: additional info

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast