Libertarian Platform For the Next Presidential Election:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Libertarian Platform For the Next Presidential Election:

1. Question Libertarian Platform For the Next Presidential Election:

I moved this from a post reply to a new thread. What would you like to see in the platform of the next presidential candidates? Here are some of the things I would like to see:

1. Repeal of the 16th amendment and abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service with the establishment of a maximum flat tax of 10% on all items purchased in the U.S.
    2. Secure the borders and stop illegal immigration.
    3. Establishment of English as the official language of this country.
    4. Withdrawal of this country from the United Nations----American citizens have not elected members to the United Nations and that organization does not represent the interests of the United States or the citizens of this country.
    5. Repeal of the 17th amendment. Taxation without representation, as evidenced by the passage of Obama’s health care agenda, would not have passed if senators were appointed by the state legislatures.
    6. Passage of a 28th amendment to the constitution which states that “Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does no apply equally to the Senators and Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States. Passage of this amendment shall render all previous such exemptions null and void immediately.”
    7. Passage of a constitutional amendment requiring a balanced budget.
    8. Passage of legislation which puts the full weight and force of the United States Congress behind the development of alternative fuels in order to make this nation energy self-sufficient, including nuclear power and coal to oil technology.
    9. Elimination of social security for all U.S. citizens under the age of 50 in favor of an employee owned private retirement fund, with every person being required to contribute a minimum of 10% of their gross income each year of employment.
    10. Elimination of the Department of Education with responsibility for education being turned back over to each state.
    11. Pursuit of a Swiss style diplomacy with gradual withdrawal of our troops from most foreign bases as the U.S. becomes energy independent, with all savings to be directed to on-going strengthening of our military and homeland security.

Add to those a repeal of the Federal Reserve and turn back the printing of money to congress not International Bankers. Put us back on the gold standard. Stop entitlements like giving away money to the National Endowment for the Arts.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

A good platform.

Holy crap!!! I'll elect ya...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

All but number 11.

One could hide under a rock(behind an ocean) 200 years ago. The world is considerably smaller now.

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    All but number 11.

One could hide under a rock(behind an ocean) 200 years ago. The world is considerably smaller now.

-Doc
    The amount of money we would save if we quit being the policeman of the world would build us one heck of an army and we would not have to hide from any one.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    Montana, this sounds very much like Ron Paul's "The Revolution"
    Thanks for sharing

I'd propose a Twenty-Ninth Amendment, the Human Dignity Amendment.

Article 29.
    Section 1. Human life begins at the moment of conception, as science defines that term, and all defenses and protections of human life shall be guaranteed to attach to that life at that time.
    Section 2. All civil and corporate benefits of the institution of marriage shall be guaranteed to the two adults who comprise any such union without regard to their sexual orientations or gender identities.
    Both of them in one nice, neat package.

It won't garner one single vote in Congress.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    All but number 11.

-Doc
    Doc, I respect your opinion, but the Swiss have certainly not hid under a rock and they have prospered fairly well. I believe that the Founding Fathers envisioned a nation which tells the world, "hey we are going to stay out of your business----in return, you stay out of ours or we are going to kick your butts". (I don't think George or Thomas actually said that, but it was because I wasn't around to write their speeches. :) If we poured all of the savings into homeland security, missle defense shield techonology and the expansion of unmanned air warfare, we wouldn't have to hide. We could quietly say, just leave us alone or else. None of this can be done until we secure borders and achieve energy independence. We are rushing around from one global flashpoint to the next, trying to keep a lid on the whole world so we won't have to suffer the potential economic impact. It is like a house of cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    All but number 11.

-Doc
    Gotta say #11 should stay. Close the borders and build the defenses we need here.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast