• mike huckabee

17 19.54%
  • jeb bush

4 4.60%
  • bobby jindal

10 11.49%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking back America

Mr Prager spells out the issue quite clearly. Thank you for sharing.
    Fortunately, there's a year and a half plus until 2012 regarding presidential picks, but there's still plenty to deal with in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Mr Prager spells out the issue quite clearly. Thank you for sharing.
    Fortunately, there's a year and a half plus until 2012 regarding presidential picks, but there's still plenty to deal with in 2010.
    Nothing wrong with planning ahead. That's what the Progressives have been doing for decades, while the citizenry of this country went about their lives, completely unaware of what was happening!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

What about Christie, Governor of NJ?

I don't know why everyone's so enamoured of Huckabee. He's too theocratic. He would reignite the culture wars and everyone not a zealous Christian would be put off by him.

I think someone who is a zealous Conservative backed by someone with a record of simple, common sense Conservative reforms while in office would be the best ticket.

Paul/Palin or Paul/Bush would be the best chance for a Conservative revolution. Prager needs to run for Representative so he could be appointed Speaker.

Jindal is too weak on issues due to his performance after Katrina. Romney has a similar problem to Huckabee, only instead of a Baptist foundation, it's a Mormon one, and I know too much about Mormon theology to ever vote for one. Likewise, if Beck were another flavour of Christian, I could even vote for him, but not as a Mormon. He talks a good game, but there's a foundation of insanity in him. Christie looks like he'll eventually become a Conservative power leader, but he's not there yet. Let's see him finish at least one tour of duty as a Governor before we go drafting him. We learned that with Palin.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBlackjack View Post
    What about Christie, Governor of NJ?
    That's the one that Beck has been going on about here lately, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    I don't know why everyone's so enamoured of Huckabee. He's too theocratic. He would reignite the culture wars and everyone not a zealous Christian would be put off by him.

I think someone who is a zealous Conservative backed by someone with a record of simple, common sense Conservative reforms while in office would be the best ticket.

Paul/Palin or Paul/Bush would be the best chance for a Conservative revolution. Prager needs to run for Representative so he could be appointed Speaker.

Jindal is too weak on issues due to his performance after Katrina. Romney has a similar problem to Huckabee, only instead of a Baptist foundation, it's a Mormon one, and I know too much about Mormon theology to ever vote for one. Likewise, if Beck were another flavour of Christian, I could even vote for him, but not as a Mormon. He talks a good game, but there's a foundation of insanity in him. Christie looks like he'll eventually become a Conservative power leader, but he's not there yet. Let's see him finish at least one tour of duty as a Governor before we go drafting him. We learned that with Palin.
    I tend to disagree about Huckabee starting a culture war. We've had many, many Christians in office before without this happening. Huckabee believes in the true sense of separation of church and state, meaning he doesn't want religion dictating government but doesn't want to remove every iota of it from public either. Seems you don't like Mormons either. Can't really figure that one. I dated a Mormon during my stay in Utah and couldn't really see anything bad in the religion. Take a look at the following number of Presidents and religious affiliation. While not completely up to date I think it shows it doesn't seem like any of the religions has caused a culture war:

Episcopalian 11
    Presbyterian 10
    Methodist 5
    Baptist 4
    Unitarian 4
    Disciples of Christ 3
    Dutch Reformed 2
    Quaker 2
    Congregationalist 2
    Catholic 1
    Jehovah's Witness 1
    TOTAL 42

Although Huckabee is not my first choice I have no problem with him being a Christian because for one thing I am a Christian. He would be far better than what we have now. Our founding fathers never intended for Christians to remain out of politics and I would add that a lot of problems in this country we have today is because we do not have enough Christians in office. IMHO.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Although Huckabee is not my first choice I have no problem with him being a Christian because for one thing I am a Cristian. He would be far better than what we have now. Our founding fathers never intended for Christians to remain out of politics and I would add that a lot of problems in this country we have today is because we do not have enough Christians in office. IMHO.
    I agree. I live in AR and did when Huck became Governor. Religion did not get in the way nor did he flaunt it. He was conservative and quite strong.

Also, we are a nation founded on Scriptural, Judean/Christian, principles.

I might add that I think Newt would be the best president, but I am not sure he's electable.
    Last edited by shooter2; 06-20-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: forgot something.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Although Huckabee is not my first choice I have no problem with him being a Christian because for one thing I am a Cristian. He would be far better than what we have now. Our founding fathers never intended for Christians to remain out of politics and I would add that a lot of problems in this country we have today is because we do not have enough Christians in office. IMHO.
    Well stated, HK. I agree 100% with EVERY point you made.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

11. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I had to go with who I believe has the best chance of winning, Mike Huckabee. I would like to see Ron Paul win but think he has little chance. Mitt Romney flip-flops so much that he can't be depended on no matter what side you're on.
    Unfortunately, that IS the real issue------who can win-----not who is best for the country. The current two party system has set it up so that one has to vote for the person who will do the least damage, not return us to the constitution and the values of the Founding Fathers. What we need is for a third party movement that can really win, but I realize that the chances of this happening are almost nil.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast