• mike huckabee

17 19.54%
  • jeb bush

4 4.60%
  • bobby jindal

10 11.49%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Taking back America

I never stated that Huckabee would be bad because he was a Christian. I said he would be bad because he was too theocratic. He does let his Christian "values" cloud his political judgement. I.e., from Mike Huckabee candidate platform - BostonHerald.com

Abortion: Pro-life.

Gay Marriage: Opposes gay marriage and civil unions.

Stem Cell Research: Huckabee opposes federally-funded embryonic stem cell research.

These planks alone from his 2008 Presidential platform are theocratic. Note that they are also among the least supported by any reasoning. Hmmm. Wonder if there's a correlation there. Could it be that there would be no way for him to offer support for them without reaching for his Bible and beginning to quote chapter and verse? Lev. 18:22! Jer. 1:5!

Experience: Governor, executive, Baptist minister

What does being a Baptist minister have to do with one's qualifications to be president of the United States? Does he believe there is any overlap in the job descriptions whatsoever?

The man is a theocrat, whatever else he may be. He has lots of good planks in his platform to be sure, but it only takes the removal of one bad plank and the boat sinks.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    I never stated that Huckabee would be bad because he was a Christian. I said he would be bad because he was too theocratic. He does let his Christian "values" cloud his political judgement. I.e., from Mike Huckabee candidate platform - BostonHerald.com

Stem Cell Research: Huckabee opposes federally-funded embryonic stem cell research.

These planks alone from his 2008 Presidential platform are theocratic. Note that they are also among the least supported by any reasoning. Hmmm. Wonder if there's a correlation there. Could it be that there would be no way for him to offer support for them without reaching for his Bible and beginning to quote chapter and verse? Lev. 18:22! Jer. 1:5!

What does being a Baptist minister have to do with one's qualifications to be president of the United States? Does he believe there is any overlap in the job descriptions whatsoever?

The man is a theocrat, whatever else he may be. He has lots of good planks in his platform to be sure, but it only takes the removal of one bad plank and the boat sinks.
    Cathy, I know some non-Christians who are pro-life and who oppose gay marriage. Surely, you're not saying that anyone who is not pro-abortion and gay marriage is not fit to be POTUS, are you?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Sorry but I agree with him. As far as his experience goes I admit he has not had a lot of political experience but then again a lot of Presidents that we have had lately have not either. i.e. Bush, Clinton, Carter and Ronald. The nightmare we have in there now sure has very little. Anyway as I said, he is not my first choice but from the major players he is high on my list.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post

Sorry but I agree with him. As far as his experience goes I admit he has not had a lot of political experience but then again a lot of Presidents that we have had lately have not either. i.e. Bush, Clinton, Carter and Ronald. The nightmare we have in there now sure has very little. Anyway as I said, he is not my first choice but from the major players he is high on my list.
    Huckabee was a governor that took his state from the red to a balanced budget. He knows how to work in a government and believes in small government.

Exclamation he is also the only person to beat the clintons

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Huckabee was a governor that took his state from the red to a balanced budget. He knows how to work in a government and believes in small government.
    He is the only person to ever beat the clinton machine in an election...and he beat them like a rented mule!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I'd take a theocrat over a "FOOL" any day.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post

I don't believe abortion should be used as a birth control method. Abortion should be used only when the mother's life is in danger due to the pregnancy, in case of pregnancy during rape, when it is shown beyond doubt the child has a birth defect that would prevent any kind of normal life or one in constant unbearable pain (I'm not talking down's syndrome or similar because a normal life is possible). I also don't believe in gay marriage (a civil union is alright). Stem cell research I'm still cogitating on. This doesn't make me "theocratic" nor does it make Huckabee theocratic. Many, many people have these same beliefs. Mike Huckabee doesn't think that religion should control government either, he believes in the Constitution and a government for the people.

At least in the 2008 campaign, Huckabee seemed to be less fiscally conservative than the other candidates. I understand that he is a social conservative, which is important too. Unlike Obama, I'm all for the "What you see is what you get" mentality with it comes to picking a President! One other issue that could come back to bite Huckabee should he run again, was his frequency for executive pardons for felons and the like. Last spring there was an individual in out west who killed 4 police officers. Apparently Huckabee had pardoned the guy a few years back. The connection is not recent, since he was governor when it happened. The reason I say this was because in 1988 the republicans, and old Al Gore, made "overpardoning" an big and successful issue against Michael Dukakis.

10. Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post

If you have not read it, I encourage you to read "Lives of the Signers of the Declaration" and documents that contain the direct words of the founders. Most of our founding fathers were what I would consider "theocrats" and devout Christians. When the issue of legalized abortion first became a point of discussion, I cautioned everyone I knew that, as a result, the country would now begin to see less respect for the sanctity of life for older Americans. Sure enough we have now witnessed many states enacting legislation which allows for assisted suicide and insurance companies are increasingly denying certain medical treatment based on age. My undergraduate degree is in education with my original intent to teach history. Whether we like it or not, the open acceptance of homosexuality, the failure to respect human life, and the deterioation of the nuclear family have repeatedly been associated with the fall of civilizations. I also don't believe we can elect a person simply based on their profession of christianity (see Jimmy Carter)..............they also have to be competent. But I think Huckabee has something that is more important than even vast administrative experience-----------common sense and rational thinking. The fact that he is a christian might work out well for both believers and non-believers. Christians are instructed to "love thy neighbor as thyself" and it becomes very difficult to justify dictorial actions directed at a specific group or person. So I think you are absolutely correct that Huckabee does allow his faith to mold his thinking on some key issues but the current administration wrote the book on letting ideology direct policy. Every candidate will have some type of ideology which is the primary motivation for their thoughts and actions. Regardless of my comments, I prefer a viable third party candidate if I thought he/she could win. I am now at the point that I think this country can survive only if the two parties get a wake-up call that the citizens of this country are not going to take it anymore by the election of a third party candidate.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    We need to discuss who if any is the best candidate to further our freedoms and support our second amendment rights in the 2012 Elections.
    I'm going to throw a few names out there for now:
    Ron Paul
    Bobby Jindal
    Jeb Bush
    Sarah Palin
    Mitt Rommney
    Mike Huckabee
    Let the eye gouging begin!
    I was a Mike Huckabee supporter myself. He was, besides Ron Paul, a guy that answered every question I saw him asked without double talk or stammering for words. He is a hunter and supporter of our gun rights. I am not foolish though, I know he does not have a hope in hell of becoming President. Just my opinions.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast