GOA: Disclose Act is on the ropes...we are winning!

Thread: GOA: Disclose Act is on the ropes...we are winning!

Thumbs up GOA: Disclose Act is on the ropes...we are winning!

Congratulations: We are Winning... for Now!

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
    Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
    Join GOA Online With our Secure Online Membership form.

"Gun Owners of America has been one of the key players in opposing the DISCLOSE Act." -- Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA)

Friday, June 18, 2010

Thank you all for your hard work. The DISCLOSE Act is on the ropes!

Here's what The Washington Post reported this morning:
    One of President Obama's top legislative priorities is in serious doubt after top House Democrats' attempt to satisfy the National Rifle Association backfired badly.

The Post says that "top Democrats abandoned plans for a Friday vote in the House" on the DISCLOSE Act after several Representatives and organizations "rose up against the deal with the NRA."

Interestingly, the Post also reported that the intended beneficiaries of the deal -- that is, the Blue Dog Democrats who were expected to drop their opposition to the DISCLOSE Act once the NRA dropped theirs -- were still "spooked" by public resistance to the bill.

You can pat yourselves on the back knowing that you were a huge part of the outpouring of opposition that was generated this week. You played a big role in "spooking" the politicians who are going to be soliciting your votes in November.

You should know that the sponsors of the bill are still looking for ways to resuscitate the legislation, so GOA will continue to keep you abreast of further developments.

But for now, enjoy the victory and have a great weekend!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your membership in Gun Owners of America helps us to fight battles like the one we did this week. If you are not already a member, please consider joining at: Join GOA Online With our Secure Online Membership form.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To subscribe to free, low-volume GOA alerts, go to: http://www.gunowners.org/ean.htm. Change of e-mail address may also be made at that location.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Thanks Mom! I count on you for my news as much as I do televised sources

After this latest stunt from the NRA, I guess I am going to have to be sending my money to the GOA from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    Thanks Mom! I count on you for my news as much as I do televised sources

After this latest stunt from the NRA, I guess I am going to have to be sending my money to the GOA from now on!
    GOA it is.

I have a feeling this is gonna seriously hurt the NRA. Maybe it's all for the good. The organization is so large, and been around so long, it's become, perhaps, just another cog in the political machine.

Ironic: I defended the NRA in another thread recently, was admonished by those who know how the NRA has caved in the past, and now this. Well, ok, you don't have to hit ME in the head with a 2 x 4.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

5. I wonder what else that they are shoving through while the whole focus is on the tragedy in the Gulf.