Violence towards Census workers on the rise - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Violence towards Census workers on the rise

I got a phone call from the census office a couple days ago. She wanted to verify who I was that they had some other questions and that it would take 10 to 15 minutes. I asked her to verify who she was and how would I know she was really from the census office. After about five minutes I decided to play alone and see what the questions were. What a repetitive bunch of BS. The first series of questions they wanted to know if anyone else lived at my address on 1 April. I told her that what I sent in on the form was correct. She told me she had to ask the questions anyway and needed an answers for each one. I was polite but she knew I was not happy about it. They had about 20 different questions asked in different ways on who lived at my address. I finally started saying hello...hello...hello all the time she was saying can you hear me. I said I guess we got cut off and hung up. I'll probably will get a visit from them!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Never did interact with the census worker who came to the door. My wife did. She knew better than to let some poor census worker have to deal with my grouchy, anti-gov't ass.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    It always amazes me that the very same people that proclaim all the rights that they have under the Constitution then tell that same Constitution to go chase thyself when it doesn't suit some misguided belief that they have come up with due to not actually reading the thing. The guidelines for the census are spelled out in the U S Constitution and maybe if some of you would bother to read more than the second amendment you might realize that.
    I provided the information that was pertinent. Number of people living in the home listed at the mailing address,
    2 below the voting age and 2 above the voting age. I'm not gonna get into birth dates, favorite ice cream flavors, ethnic background etc...

Is Person 1 of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin? (unnecessary, if a citizen who cares what race)

What is Person 1’s race? (See above comment)

What is Person 1’s sex? Male? Female? Other? why does that matter? Perhaps for calculating ratios of urinals to toilets for public bathrooms?

Does Person 1 sometimes live or stay somewhere else? (I provided an answer for this one as I can see if someone is living in multiple places and paying taxes in another location or voting).

Is this house, apartment, or mobile home —
    Owned by you or someone in this household with a
    mortgage or loan? Include home equity loans.
    Owned by you or someone in this household free and
    clear (without a mortgage or loan)?
    Rented?
    Occupied without payment of rent?What difference does it make who pays or if they pay? My business, no one elses.

Print name of Person 2. Person 3, etc... (Not reallly needed)
    What is Person 2’s age and what is Person 2's date of birth? (I provided age only for school class size data)

How is this person related to Person 1? (Who cares, I had myself cloned so I can work 2 fulltime jobs to pay the F'ing high property taxes I get hit with here in the northeast...)

I'm mad so there, now were even...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I provided the information that was pertinent. Number of people living in the home listed at the mailing address,
    2 below the voting age and 2 above the voting age. I'm not gonna get into birth dates, favorite ice cream flavors, ethnic background etc...

Is Person 1 of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin? (unnecessary, if a citizen who cares what race)

What is Person 1ís race? (See above comment)

What is Person 1ís sex? Male? Female? Other? why does that matter? Perhaps for calculating ratios of urinals to toilets for public bathrooms?

Does Person 1 sometimes live or stay somewhere else? (I provided an answer for this one as I can see if someone is living in multiple places and paying taxes in another location or voting).

Is this house, apartment, or mobile home ó
    Owned by you or someone in this household with a
    mortgage or loan? Include home equity loans.
    Owned by you or someone in this household free and
    clear (without a mortgage or loan)?
    Rented?
    Occupied without payment of rent?What difference does it make who pays or if they pay? My business, no one elses.

Print name of Person 2. Person 3, etc... (Not reallly needed)
    What is Person 2ís age and what is Person 2's date of birth? (I provided age only for school class size data)

How is this person related to Person 1? (Who cares, I had myself cloned so I can work 2 fulltime jobs to pay the F'ing high property taxes I get hit with here in the northeast...)

I'm mad so there, now were even...

Peace...

Damn! I wish I had seen these answers before the wife filled out our form!

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Two things that are in there that should be noticed, one is that they did say collect more than just number of people as they had different categories which would infer that demographics could be a part of the census. Second is the part that that says Manner as they shall by law direct which can include a lot of things. You may not like it but it is an integral part of the Constitution where 2A is an amendment (add on).
    First thing, you do realize that everything between [s]...[/s] is strikethrough text which the 14th overrode, right? It's not there anymore for all legitimate intents and purposes. SO! Let's try this again...

...which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of Persons, and excluding Indians not taxed.
    A: Number of Persons residing at this residence on or about 1 April, 2010: _______
    B: Number of Persons from line A who are Indians and are untaxed: _______
    C: FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY -- Value on line A minus value on line B: _______
    There. I just created a more efficient census form that's actually Constitutional.

I got two forms, the second one being about two weeks after the first one. Each was sent back in the mail the next day, having been filled out with number of persons residing and our names and nothing more and put back in the mail box the same day as it was received. If they want to waste money sending someone to knock on my door, I'll do that whole malicious compliance thing and require that the census worker divulge all of their information in full as well as that of their immediate employers before I can consider even talking to them.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

So, the census dude leaves a note on the door - says he'll be back.

Comes back the next day. The wife and I are both home. The wife is a moderate, pacifist, naturalized citizen from Europe (yeah, opposites attract)

Census Dude: I'm from the Census.

I think about telling him to get off my property but he's a 70 something grandpa wearing a "Navy Veteran" baseball hat.

Me: You with ACORN?

Census Dude: No sir, I'm with the Census

Me: The Census hired ACORN to help

Census Dude: I'm not with ACORN

I let Census Dude in.

Census Dude: We didn't get your form

Me: I mailed it in

Census Dude: We didn't get it

Me: It's the government. I'm sure they lost a lot of them.

He records our names.

Census Dude: Date of birth?

Me: 19xx

Census Dude: Month and year?

Census Dude: I got that. Whatís your birthday?

Me: 19xx is good enough. The month and date isnít going to bump me out of the 46-50 bucket.

Census Dude: (long pause while he looks at me) Ok. Wife's date of birth?

Census Dude: That all I'm gonna get? (he's catching on)

Me: Yeah.

Census Dude: Do you own or rent?

Me: That's on my tax return

Census Dude: Do you have a mortgage?

Me. (crickets)

Census Dude: Are you Hispanic?

Me: I'm American

Census Dude: Race?

Me: American

Census Dude: I know, but what's your race?

Me: Iím not Irish-American, Iím not German-American, Iím not Caucasian-American. I'm just American.

Census Dude: (long thoughtful stare) I like that answer. More people should feel that way. (Writes American next to
    Other)

Census Dude: Wife the same? (he's pretty sharp for an old guy)

Me: Yeah

Census Dude: (writes American next to other for Wife)

Census Dude: Phone number?

Me: Unlisted

Census Dude: I need your phone number

Me: Call the phone company. Theyíll confirm my number isÖunlisted

Census Dude: Well, that's it. Sorry to bother you, but imagine trying to track down 27% of 300 million people

Me: I'm sure ACORN will find more than that

Census Dude: (grins) Yeah, youíre probably right. Well thanks for your time

After he leaves

Wife: What was that about a mortgage?

Me: He asked if we had a mortgage

Wife: That's none of their business. (huh? From the moderate pacifist?)

Me: That's what I told him

Wife: You can do that?

Me: Probably not

Wife: ......... (she's catching on)

An ACORN worker would have been filling in BS just to get a full form. They're used to only getting paid for completed forms.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    So, the census dude leaves a note on the door - says he'll be back.

Comes back the next day. The wife and I are both home. The wife is a moderate, pacifist, naturalized citizen from Europe (yeah, opposites attract)

Census Dude: I'm from the Census.

I think about telling him to get off my property but he's a 70 something grandpa wearing a "Navy Veteran" baseball hat.

Me: You with ACORN?

Census Dude: No sir, I'm with the Census

Me: The Census hired ACORN to help

Census Dude: I'm not with ACORN

I let Census Dude in.

Census Dude: We didn't get your form

Me: I mailed it in

Census Dude: We didn't get it

Me: It's the government. I'm sure they lost a lot of them.

He records our names.

Census Dude: Date of birth?

Census Dude: Month and year?

Census Dude: I got that. Whatís your birthday?

Me: 19xx is good enough. The month and date isnít going to bump me out of the 46-50 bucket.

Census Dude: (long pause while he looks at me) Ok. Wife's date of birth?

Census Dude: That all I'm gonna get? (he's catching on)

Me: Yeah.

Census Dude: Do you own or rent?

Me: That's on my tax return

Census Dude: Do you have a mortgage?

Me. (crickets)

Census Dude: Are you Hispanic?

Me: I'm American

Census Dude: Race?

Me: American

Census Dude: I know, but what's your race?

Me: Iím not Irish-American, Iím not German-American, Iím not Caucasian-American. I'm just American.

Census Dude: (long thoughtful stare) I like that answer. More people should feel that way. (Writes American next to
    Other)

Census Dude: Wife the same? (he's pretty sharp for an old guy)

Me: Yeah

Census Dude: (writes American next to other for Wife)

Census Dude: Phone number?

Me: Unlisted

Census Dude: I need your phone number

Me: Call the phone company. Theyíll confirm my number isÖunlisted

Census Dude: Well, that's it. Sorry to bother you, but imagine trying to track down 27% of 300 million people

Me: I'm sure ACORN will find more than that

Census Dude: (grins) Yeah, youíre probably right. Well thanks for your time

After he leaves

Wife: What was that about a mortgage?

Me: He asked if we had a mortgage

Wife: That's none of their business. (huh? From the moderate pacifist?)

Me: That's what I told him

Wife: You can do that?

Me: Probably not

Wife: ......... (she's catching on)
    Amen... It should not matter what race, color, day of the week I was born on, or how much my F'ing house costs me...

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue
    Quote:
    A: Number of Persons residing at this residence on or about 1 April, 2010: _______
    B: Number of Persons from line A who are Indians and are untaxed: _______
    C: FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY -- Value on line A minus value on line B: _______
    There. I just created a more efficient census form that's actually Constitutional.
    Nice, now there is a tax savings idea that works...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Actually I feel kind of sorry for many of the Census workers. Most of them are just people that needed a job. If I am ever approached by one I am going to try and remember that it is not they but Big Brother that is the enemy.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

HardCorps53 - That's some funny **** right there, I don't care who you are..
    I applaud you, and you tell the story well!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast