Violence towards Census workers on the rise - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Violence towards Census workers on the rise

1. I can understand because they are just plain pesky and won't take NO, GO AWAY for an answer. I was over at my landlords business the other day and the census lady was in there. She couldn't get ahold of the people in the apartment building that he owns and she found out where the landlords office was. The secretary opened the tenant files and was giving out their names, race, DOB, and who knows what other personal info on the tenants.

the whole time I was wondering about the legality of a landlord giving out personal info without authorization from the tenant or supoena.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony_I_Am View Post
    I can understand because they are just plain pesky and won't take NO, GO AWAY for an answer. I was over at my landlords business the other day and the census lady was in there. She couldn't get ahold of the people in the apartment building that he owns and she found out where the landlords office was. The secretary opened the tenant files and was giving out their names, race, DOB, and who knows what other personal info on the tenants.

the whole time I was wondering about the legality of a landlord giving out personal info without authorization from the tenant or supoena.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I sense that there are a whole bunch of laws being violated here. Had I been one of the tenants, I'm sure that justice would be served upon the landlord for the misdeeds of the secretary!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    I guess that's why the I.R.S. bought all those shotguns.
    and hired all the extra inspectors!!!!

5. I know a couple of very unemployable people who got temporary census jobs. The refuse any official government handouts and took the job because they were working for it. That being said, if I didn't know them, would I answer the door probably not.

Another point, I still never recieved the form in the mailo r had anyone come by yet. Reading some of the past postrs, I have ideas on what to answer, now I'm waiting for a chance.

Andy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234