Legislation to Shutdown Internet in an "Emergency" - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Legislation to Shutdown Internet in an "Emergency"

hmmmmmm...seems like the 21st Century version of Fahrenheit 451

This is one of the motivating factors in my getting my ham license again. They might be able to flip a switch and cripple the `Net nationwide, but it'll be far harder to flip a switch and cripple every single ham band nationwide.

"How are you using that cell phone to get news?"

"Cell phone? No. This is a hand held ham radio. I'm talking with New York over a satellite."
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Hey fuhr52: Good question on who decides on the emergency. Of course this would be the next Josef Goebbels, Czar of All Information, so they can institute propoganda praising the New World Order of the US and the prince of fools himself; the emergency can probably be defined as anything these pieces of garbage decide it is. The prince has already made his speeches about the irrelevance of the Supreme Court and the dem lemmings in Congress just go along on his bandwagon regardless of the consequences. You put eveything that has happened already with this crap, and the cap&trade crap coming, and, of course the"need" for the govt to takeover energy---you have, my friend, a dictatorship. I will not be a sheep, I will not be a sheep, I will not be a sheep--I refuse to follow the history of german jews and become an american jew who did nothing when all of this is in place and the ostriches (that would be the piss ass dem dumbos in congress), with their heads in the sand, wakeup when it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    This is one of the motivating factors in my getting my ham license again. They might be able to flip a switch and cripple the `Net nationwide, but it'll be far harder to flip a switch and cripple every single ham band nationwide.

"How are you using that cell phone to get news?"

"Cell phone? No. This is a hand held ham radio. I'm talking with New York over a satellite."
    Satellite? When they control access to that means of communication, you'd be better off with a ham radio antenna strung in your attic or in your backyard! My husband has an Extra Class Ham license. He got his back in the 60's, when a person had to know how to send and receive Morse code. Just like everything else, they've "dumbed down" the ham test and Morse is no longer in the equation! In TEOTWAWKI, "code" may become useful again and make a necessary comeback! You might want to learn how to do "code", Cathy, even though it's no longer a requirement to renew your ham license.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Why would they want the option of shutting down the internet in case of an "emergency" ?????

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Why would they want the option of shutting down the internet in case of an "emergency" ?????
    Because a Liberal Democrat does not know how to handle themselves in an emergency. They would not know what to do in a fight either - besides sit and take the beating or run for the hills. Their logic is totally out in left field and makes no sense to people with some common sense. They are totally gripped with FEAR! They don't want to fight, or make decent dicisions in a crisis, because of the fear they cannot master. I HATE THEM WITH ALL THE FEELING I CAN MUSTER - they will not only destroy themselves, but would be more than happy to take you with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Satellite? When they control access to that means of communication, you'd be better off with a ham radio antenna strung in your attic or in your backyard! My husband has an Extra Class Ham license. He got his back in the 60's, when a person had to know how to send and receive Morse code. Just like everything else, they've "dumbed down" the ham test and Morse is no longer in the equation! In TEOTWAWKI, "code" may become useful again and make a necessary comeback! You might want to learn how to do "code", Cathy, even though it's no longer a requirement to renew your ham license.
    Ham sats are not nearly as elaborate as full-blown comsats. They're basicly repeaters in the sky. Ask your husband about them.

As far as TEOTWAWKI(IFF), code will be important, no doubt, but so will the skill to solder together a radio from disparate parts and in that, I'll do just fine, and when you are building your own field radio, it's not that far from a proper CW rig to build a SSB/AM rig, and I don't see anything frying all of the digital circuitry I have amassed to do my bidding, which means a CW/RTTY/digital mode translator (Arduino + audio I/O + LCD + keyboard) will still work just fine for sending and receiving "low-power, narrow-band, non-voice" transmissions.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Now for "the rest of the story" now that the FUD spreaders are hopefully all worn out. I only pray their vociferous objections to the truth won't drown out the reality of this issue.

The "shutting down the Internet" part is the grand leapt-to conclusion the FUD mongers want you to see and incorrectly interpret as a sinister gubmint power grab. This can in fact and all practical reality NEVER HAPPEN. Why you may ask? because U.S. Internet interestes both public and private no longer represent the lion's share of the network like they did at one time. Haven't for years. Even if every U.S. owned and controlled Internet Service Provider did shut down, it would do nothing more than simply isolate large portions of the network centered around North America. Because that's how it was designed by DAPRA back in the 60's: To survive a nuclear holocaust. So any arbitrary shutdown would be kind of like cutting off your nose to spite your own face.

What this legislation is intended to do is give the U.S. Military, Northcom in particular, authority to PROTECT portions of the Internet essential to conducting national security information operations. And believe me, the corporate and private operators are all for it. What's that, FREE technical support? Yeah, baby!!!

Thread appropriately tagged...

To silence forums like this, CapGun? IMO, B.O. is a dictator wannabe! 2012 can't get here fast enough for me, even though I'm pushing 63 yr. old and REALLY don't want to age any faster!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    To silence forums like this, CapGun? IMO, B.O. is a dictator wannabe! 2012 can't get here fast enough for me, even though I'm pushing 63 yr. old and REALLY don't want to age any faster!
    Exactly. It is a way of controlling the news and communication between patriots.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast