Legislation to Shutdown Internet in an "Emergency" - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Legislation to Shutdown Internet in an "Emergency"

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Having an opinion or ".02" on this issue as you like to refer to it is one thing. See my sig for further clarification of my stance on that sublect. Working in IT does not qualify you to make judgements on this matter as you seem to think. It only provides you an illusion of knowledge on certain aspects of what you may consider to be technical issues regarding national security..
    You're correct about one thing: my working in I.T. does not qualify me to make a national security judgement. It does, however, allow me greater insight into certain technical aspects of some things than the average forum visitor. It more than qualifies me to post an opinion on a discussion forum, and that's all I did. Feel free to ignore my opinion, if you disagree with me.
    South Carolina CWP holder and proud member of GrassRoots GunRights

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    You will find that Half cocked and Locked is all about attacking other people and never posts any infromative threads. That is the reason that many of us have him on the ignore option on our User CP to block him out. After a while arguing with him gets to be a complete waist of time. IMHO.
    I'm with you HK4U. Cocked and Locked thinks I'm a FUD. Call me what they want, but I am smart enough to know that any power given to the government will NEVER go away after that.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I am smart enough to know that any power given to the government will NEVER go away after that.
    So tell me handgonn, are you smart enought to tell me this is any different than Lincoln giving the telegraph system over to the military during the Civil War? Do you believe the security of this nation is less important than your irrational fear of the government?

What about you condition one? Any reason to base that opinion of yours on anything other than fear of the unknown?

Only an idiot would have no problem with the ever-increasing power of the federal government.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Only an idiot would have no problem with the ever-increasing power of the federal government.
    +1, JJ. I'm in THAT "Amen Corner", My Friend!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    And everything the govt. tries to do conveniently falls into this category, right?

Nice little catch-22 supporting your extremeist viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I'm with you HK4U. Cocked and Locked thinks I'm a FUD. Call me what they want, but I am smart enough to know that any power given to the government will NEVER go away after that.
    Have you noticed that trolls like to use that phrase a lot? I guess it is because of their low I.Q. and limited vocabulary.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Have you noticed that trolls like to use that phrase a lot? I guess it is because of their low I.Q. and limited vocabulary.

Semper Fi

You'll find it in an increasing number of thread tags as well...

E-Mails and other RS feeds are reporting that the Kill Switch Bill has been voted out of committee and onto the Senate Floor.
    Peachy, just @#^%*!* peachy

Lieberman's Cybersecurity Bill Moves Out of ... - GovTrack Insider

Obama Internet kill switch plan approved by US Senate - Techworld.com
    Semper Fi

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast