Is U.S. Now On Slippery Slope To Tyranny? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is U.S. Now On Slippery Slope To Tyranny?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I agree that we have already arrived. However, I disagree when it comes to the "gov't of the people no longer listening to the people", quite to the contrary. Ignorance,apathy,complacency, stupidity, lack of morality and family values, Godlessness, drug oriented, are just a few traits describing our society today, just a few. A government of the people, by the people, and for the people is the government that America has, and the government that America deserves. In America today, everything that has ever been considered good or moral is evil, and everything that has ever been considered evil or immoral is good. There is no difference between the American government and the American people (secular society). The only group separate from it all are the Born Again Christians (non-apostate church), and God will make that separation complete at the time of the Rapture. Our Lord told us that all of this would happen and what to look for so that we would have our house in order and not be caught unaware.

How can we as Christians, having the knowledge of truth, keep expecting conditions to get better? If things are to get better, then the Bible is a fairy tail and not the inerrant Word of God. I don't fret about conditions worsening everyday, I actually get excited and look up, for our redemption draws near. If the Rapture comes first, I die in my sleep, or they shoot me, it's moxniks, absent from the body is present with the Lord. Let the mockers and unbelievers of our government and society worry about whats happening, and yet to happen, it truly is their problem, not ours. Maranatha.
    I don't disagree. I guess when I refer to "the people", I'm thinking of the "traditional American" (conservative, God-fearing Constitutionalists). My bad. Of course, "we" have the gov't we deserve, as "we" vote 'em in. You're also right that we Christians cannot expect things to get better. I still intend to go down swinging, if it comes to that.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I don't disagree. I guess when I refer to "the people", I'm thinking of the "traditional American" (conservative, God-fearing Constitutionalists). My bad. Of course, "we" have the gov't we deserve, as "we" vote 'em in. You're also right that we Christians cannot expect things to get better. I still intend to go down swinging, if it comes to that.
    If it comes to that my friend, I will go down swinging with you.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Well, as someone said here once on another page, I've read The Book...I know how it ends. And while I'm certainly the farthest thing you could wish for in a Poster Boy Christian, I'm encouraged by my wife, who says that "going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car."

However, while I might not be at the head of the line when it comes to Rapture, or entering Heaven, or whichever other way He has it planned...and maybe not even at the back of the line, either - I'm taking that chance...I am convinced of this:

IF we are to believe that Book, then we must also believe that things are going exactly as they are supposed to, and we will all realize our Goal as a result. I'm not happy with Obama and company, and I will fight the fight if/when the time comes because I would exercise my free will to make the statement that I oppose what's happening in the World. But, in the end, despite my weakness, I'm convinced...really convinced!...that all this is for the best.

Free Will vs. Predestination. It's an interesting paradox, isn't it? I'm reminded Emo Phillips' line, "I'm not a fatalist...but even if I were, what could I do about it?"

There's probably more, but I have to let it ferment a while longer before it's ready.

One man's opinion, anyway...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Well, as someone said here once on another page, I've read The Book...I know how it ends. And while I'm certainly the farthest thing you could wish for in a Poster Boy Christian, I'm encouraged by my wife, who says that "going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car."

However, while I might not be at the head of the line when it comes to Rapture, or entering Heaven, or whichever other way He has it planned...and maybe not even at the back of the line, either - I'm taking that chance...I am convinced of this:

IF we are to believe that Book, then we must also believe that things are going exactly as they are supposed to, and we will all realize our Goal as a result. I'm not happy with Obama and company, and I will fight the fight if/when the time comes because I would exercise my free will to make the statement that I oppose what's happening in the World. But, in the end, despite my weakness, I'm convinced...really convinced!...that all this is for the best.

Free Will vs. Predestination. It's an interesting paradox, isn't it? I'm reminded Emo Phillips' line, "I'm not a fatalist...but even if I were, what could I do about it?"

There's probably more, but I have to let it ferment a while longer before it's ready.

One man's opinion, anyway...
    EKtarr, you're correct, going to church doesn't make a Christian, and things are going exactly as they are supposed to. However, there is no Free will vs. Predestination "paradox". Predestination is a term used to identify those who God knew before creation that would accept Christ as a result of they're free will. Remember, God knows everything. Standing up and fighting for your family and your freedom is not a weakness, only an imbecile would do otherwise.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

I don't fret about conditions worsening everyday, I actually get excited and look up, for our redemption draws near. If the Rapture comes first, I die in my sleep, or they shoot me, it's moxniks, absent from the body is present with the Lord.
    Amen brother Ringo!

IMO we have as a nation gone to far to ever be redeemed. Yes with God all things are possbile but this is a godless nation.
    The little Satan is in office doing as he wishes irregardless of what the constitution or the art of decency abide.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Amen brother Ringo!

IMO we have as a nation gone to far to ever be redeemed. Yes with God all things are possbile but this is a godless nation.
    America has gone beyond godless Boomer, America has spit in God's eye and laughs about it. 2 Timothy 3 is a description of how people will be in the Last Days, America fits that description perfectly. What really amazes me is the closer we get to the End ( Rapture/Tribulation ) the less people want to hear about it, or accept it, even Christians. Oh it's great alright, sounds good, as long as they believe it's still far in the future. As for myself, I look forward to things getting a lot worse as prophesied, and the soon coming of our Lord as a result. 1 Corinthians 2:9.."No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him". When it comes to the Word of God I'm an optimist.

EKtarr, you're correct, going to church doesn't make a Christian, and things are going exactly as they are supposed to. However, there is no Free will vs. Predestination "paradox". Predestination is a term used to identify those who God knew before creation that would accept Christ as a result of they're free will. Remember, God knows everything. Standing up and fighting for your family and your freedom is not a weakness, only an imbecile would do otherwise.
    DITTO.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

If it comes to that my friend, I will go down swinging with you.
    I hope for the sake of my children and the children of other Americans, the political damage done til now shall come to pass by the awakening of patriots across the nation who move unilaterally as if directed by a higher power and act with the benefit of brothers and sisters in mind, But...

If has to happen I'm ready JJ and Ringo. Perhaps I make a difference, perhaps I die trying...

Psalm 23:4 "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Psalm 3:6 "I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me round about."

Slope? Maybe a slope, but the slide is over. We could be at the bottom and there is no other way than up...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    If has to happen I'm ready JJ and Ringo. Perhaps I make a difference, perhaps I die trying....
    Oh, the humanity! Oh, the drama!

You guys should get an academy award.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Oh, the humanity! Oh, the drama!

You guys should get an academy award.
    And you should get a...

Perhaps making a commitment makes you uneasy... I bet if it came to the unthinkable and they come for your guns, you'll clean them before handing them over willingly...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast