Is U.S. Now On Slippery Slope To Tyranny? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is U.S. Now On Slippery Slope To Tyranny?

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    If has to happen I'm ready JJ and Ringo. Perhaps I make a difference, perhaps I die trying...
    Psalm 23:4 "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."

Peace...
    I don't believe it will come to that 6shooter, I don't believe that is in the Lords plans for us Christians. However, I do believe that after the Rapture it's evident that your scenario will present itself. After the Rapture all that die in faith will be the martyrs mentioned in Revelation draped in white robes. If your scenario presents itself before the Rapture, who then will be around to be Raptured? As for life & death I see it this way..life is a gift of God,and the only thing in this life that is important on any personal basis, is where we will spend the next life. Life on earth is nothing more than a test, as it was in the Garden of Eden, a choice between God and Satan. A choice made in our heart of who we will worship and who we will serve, it's really that simple. I tell my wife that if she wakes up in the morning and I don't, do not tell anyone that I'm dead, tell them that I moved. I moved out of an old tent in this lousy world and into a beautiful mansion in Heaven, and I'm more alive there than I could ever dream of being alive here on earth. Peace 6shooter, fear not, for God's Word and Promises are truth and He is faithful, forever faithful.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I don't believe it will come to that 6shooter, I don't believe that is in the Lords plans for us Christians. However, I do believe that after the Rapture it's evident that your scenario will present itself. After the Rapture all that die in faith will be the martyrs mentioned in Revelation draped in white robes. If your scenario presents itself before the Rapture, who then will be around to be Raptured? As for life & death I see it this way..life is a gift of God,and the only thing in this life that is important on any personal basis, is where we will spend the next life. Life on earth is nothing more than a test, as it was in the Garden of Eden, a choice between God and Satan. A choice made in our heart of who we will worship and who we will serve, it's really that simple. I tell my wife that if she wakes up in the morning and I don't, do not tell anyone that I'm dead, tell them that I moved. I moved out of an old tent in this lousy world and into a beautiful mansion in Heaven, and I'm more alive there than I could ever dream of being alive here on earth. Peace 6shooter, fear not, for God's Word and Promises are truth and He is faithful, forever faithful.
    I agree. I sometimes let the "bears voice" rise in me and I growl. I really don't want to, but if need be, I'd be willing to fight for the freedom God gave me. I ask him "Is that what you would have me do?".
    In the true belief that God created me and endowed me with freewill and freedom and asked nothing more of me than to believe and be saved, I live and remind myself that Jesus was the promise. I don't fear death (Nor do I wish for it), I do fear God's judgment.

I like the mansion in Heaven idea, but I would ask if I could bring the tent along for some camping trips.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I agree. I sometimes let the "bears voice" rise in me and I growl. I really don't want to, but if need be, I'd be willing to fight for the freedom God gave me. I ask him "Is that what you would have me do?".
    In the true belief that God created me and endowed me with freewill and freedom and asked nothing more of me than to believe and be saved, I live and remind myself that Jesus was the promise. I don't fear death (Nor do I wish for it), I do fear God's judgment.

I like the mansion in Heaven idea, but I would ask if I could bring the tent along for some camping trips.

Peace...
    Because Jesus is the promise ( Savior ) and you believe, you are saved. You have no judgment to fear my friend, Jesus took care of that for you when He suffered and died on the cross in your place. Don't know about the camping trips, keep asking, let me know what you find out.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

I believe there may come a great persuasion of Christians in this country. I do not for one minute think that just because we live in America or that this is the 21st century the we will necessarily get a pass. I do not intend to argue the point on the timing of the catching up of the saints. We have been down that road before and I know how some of you believe and you know how I believe. The fact is though that no matter the position one takes on that there has been terrible persecution on Christians from the beginning until now. The early church suffered under the hand of Rome with many marytyrs. Later the protestants suffered by the hand of the Catholic church. Read Foxes Book Of Marytyrs. The history of the Christian church has been one of trial by fire. It has not been as bad for the Christian church in America because I believe we have been blessed. That could be coming to and end. To think we will escape when the rest of the Christian around the world through the ages have had to endure suffering is presumptuous on our part. I do not believe that Christians will feel the wrath of God but may well suffer the wrath of the ungodly. It has been that way from the beginning and continues until this day. For now be glad that you live in America, with all it's faults, for the freedom to worship you have enjoyed for that may soon change.

2 Timothy 1:12
    For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    The history of the Christian church has been one of trial by fire. It has not been as bad for the Christian church in America because I believe we have been blessed. That could be coming to and end. To think we will escape when the rest of the Christian around the world through the ages have had to endure suffering is presumptuous on our part. I do not believe that Christians will feel the wrath of God but may well suffer the wrath of the ungodly. It has been that way from the beginning and continues until this day. For now be glad that you live in America, with all it's faults, for the freedom to worship you have enjoyed for that may soon change.

2 Timothy 1:12
    For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
    I agree, the history of the Christian church has been one of trial by fire. The "trial by fire" spoken of by Peter is in reference to Christians being INSULTED for the name of Christ. In the same statement Peter also says that we are BLESSED when we are insulted. The wrath of the ungodly has always been common practice in any society, for society in itself is secular. From the teaching of the "theory of evolution" in our schools to our society accepting and promoting homosexual perversion is a perfect example of the wrath of the ungodly. Don't think so? All you have to do is confront the ungodly with the issue to find out. I always say, the more I witness the more I'm mocked, ridiculed, and insulted, good for me, because I need all the blessing I can get. Now, if you're left behind after the Rapture, the wrath of the ungodly will take on a whole different perspective, like getting your head cut off.

Yes we have always been a blessed nation. Why? Because we have always been a Christian nation, and our government has always been in support of Israel. Key word-BEEN. Today we are no longer a Christian nation, and today our government is turning away from support of Israel. I've said it before and I say it again..when our nation ceases in it's support of Israel, our nation will lose the blessings of God, invoking a curse upon our nation as a result. Turning against Israel will be the final nail in Americas coffin. Genesis 12:3..God says of Israel.."I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you". Yes, it has "been" great living in America, with all it's faults, but, the CHANGE is rapidly taking place, sooner than later. No one knows the day or the hour that the Rapture will happen, only God knows for sure. However, I can't think of a better situation than the Rapture to have the Nov. elections canceled. Martial law would be an immediate effect, not only in America but everywhere in the world, over night. Instant New World Order!!!

I agree, the history of the Christian church has been one of trial by fire. The "trial by fire" spoken of by Peter is in reference to Christians being INSULTED for the name of Christ. In the same statement Peter also says that we are BLESSED when we are insulted. The wrath of the ungodly has always been common practice in any society, for society in itself is secular. From the teaching of the "theory of evolution" in our schools to our society accepting and promoting homosexual perversion is a perfect example of the wrath of the ungodly. Don't think so? All you have to do is confront the ungodly with the issue to find out. I always say, the more I witness the more I'm mocked, ridiculed, and insulted, good for me, because I need all the blessing I can get. Now, if you're left behind after the Rapture, the wrath of the ungodly will take on a whole different perspective, like getting your head cut off.

Yes we have always been a blessed nation. Why? Because we have always been a Christian nation, and our government has always been in support of Israel. Key word-BEEN. Today we are no longer a Christian nation, and today our government is turning away from support of Israel. I've said it before and I say it again..when our nation ceases in it's support of Israel, our nation will lose the blessings of God, invoking a curse upon our nation as a result. Turning against Israel will be the final nail in Americas coffin. Genesis 12:3..God says of Israel.."I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you". Yes, it has "been" great living in America, with all it's faults, but, the CHANGE is rapidly taking place, sooner than later. No one knows the day or the hour that the Rapture will happen, only God knows for sure. However, I can't think of a better situation than the Rapture to have the Nov. elections canceled. Martial law would be an immediate effect, not only in America but everywhere in the world, over night. Instant New World Order!!!

I remember back some time in the late 80's a missionary from Uganda spoke in our church. He told how he had went to meet with some of the Christians that he had ministered to there. He had not been with them for a while. When he got to their village they were very distraught. When he ask why they said because they had no water. When he asked what is wrong with the water from the river they told him it was no longer drinkable. When he went to the river to see what was wrong what he found was bodies as far as the eye could see. Idi Amin had his troops slaughter thousands of his people and dump their bodies in the river. Their crime? They were Christians and would not recant. I remember a bumper sticker that was popular it read "If you were arrested for being a Christian would they have enough evidence to convict you?" Much of the world has experienced that kind of persecution. Perhaps we in this country might someday.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I remember back some time in the late 80's a missionary from Uganda spoke in our church. He told how he had went to meet with some of the Christians that he had ministered to there. He had not been with them for a while. When he got to their village they were very distraught. When he ask why they said because they had no water. When he asked what is wrong with the water from the river they told him it was no longer drinkable. When he went to the river to see what was wrong what he found was bodies as far as the eye could see. Idi Amin had his troops slaughter thousands of his people and dump their bodies in the river. Their crime? They were Christians and would not recant. I remember a bumper sticker that was popular it read "If you were arrested for being a Christian would they have enough evidence to convict you?" Much of the world has experienced that kind of persecution. Perhaps we in this country might someday.
    I'm sure it will happen in this country, I have no doubt whatsoever. After the Rapture when the anti-Christ and the false prophet establish their world administration, any one who doesn't receive the mark (recant) will be killed. Idi Amin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and anti-Christ, all belong to the same club, nothing new.

handgonnetoter Guest
    O,K. Let me pose a question. Is it to late? Have we gone past the point of no return. Can we turn this Juggernaut around and if so how. I am doubtful that another election will make much difference so what can we do. I know we should pray and if we repent as a nation God can turn it around. Do any of yo see true repentance on a nationwide basis happening or are we to the point that we are going to see judgment like Israel did as laid out in the book of Judges. What is your opinions?
    HK, I am no Bible thumper, but I do read scripture almost everyday. This reminds me of a show I watched on the History Channel about three or four months ago. It was during the Revolutionary War, and at one of the battles that would have been, God did the fighting for us. Well, when I saw the show that is what I thought. A large British army was heading toward our guys and got hit by a massive freak storm in the middle of the night while they were asleep. It pretty much destroyed the Brits and killed a lot of their soldiers. The commentator said that if that army would have fought ours, they would have won because of their size. I think God just decided that that was not to happen, at least this time. Keep the faith dude, He can do it again. We all huff and puff about politics and Obama, gun control etc., but I do believe it is all going to happen the way He sees fit.

I'm sure it will happen in this country, I have no doubt whatsoever. After the Rapture when the anti-Christ and the false prophet establish their world administration, any one who doesn't receive the mark (recant) will be killed. Idi Amin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and anti-Christ, all belong to the same club, nothing new.
    Ringo the point I was trying to make is that no matter what your or my view on the timing of the "rapture," from the beginning of Christianity until today there has been great persecution of Christians at the hands of the ungodly. That same persecution may come to Christians in America just like it has in other parts of the world even before the rapture and the seven years trib. Many Christians in America feel they are exempt. they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    HK, I am no Bible thumper, but I do read scripture almost everyday. This reminds me of a show I watched on the History Channel about three or four months ago. It was during the Revolutionary War, and at one of the battles that would have been, God did the fighting for us. Well, when I saw the show that is what I thought. A large British army was heading toward our guys and got hit by a massive freak storm in the middle of the night while they were asleep. It pretty much destroyed the Brits and killed a lot of their soldiers. The commentator said that if that army would have fought ours, they would have won because of their size. I think God just decided that that was not to happen, at least this time. Keep the faith dude, He can do it again. We all huff and puff about politics and Obama, gun control etc., but I do believe it is all going to happen the way He sees fit.
    Nothing has ever happened any other way except the way God sees fit. Man makes plans, God changes them. God has His plan, nothing will change it. Want to know what happens next? It's all there in God's book, and guess what, it's not about America.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast