Is U.S. Now On Slippery Slope To Tyranny? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is U.S. Now On Slippery Slope To Tyranny?

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    We all huff and puff about politics and Obama, gun control etc., but I do believe it is all going to happen the way He sees fit.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. There is a thing I refer to as the Ultimate Truth. Not necessarily related to Scripture or religion, it addresses the likelihood that, in the end...whatever you think or believe...what will happen when you die (for example) will happen - not because of what you believe, but in spite of it. The best analogy I've been able to come up with is gravity . . . you don't have to believe in it for the glass to break when you drop it. It'll happen despite what you think, want or believe. Or don't believe!

About now I think I'll change my avatar...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Ringo the point I was trying to make is that no matter what your or my view on the timing of the "rapture," from the beginning of Christianity until today there has been great persecution of Christians at the hands of the ungodly. That same persecution may come to Christians in America just like it has in other parts of the world even before the rapture and the seven years trib. Many Christians in America feel they are exempt. they are not.
    I understand your point but there's no way that Christian's in America will be murdered by the thousands or millions before the Rapture no matter when the Rapture happens. The persecution you describe is an absolute, but there is no mistake about who is killed, when they're killed, and why they're killed. We can't be Raptured if we are killed before the Rapture.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I understand your point but there's no way that Christian's in America will be murdered by the thousands or millions before the Rapture no matter when the Rapture happens. The persecution you describe is an absolute, but there is no mistake about who is killed, when they're killed, and why they're killed. We can't be Raptured if we are killed before the Rapture.
    I don't know how many will suffer or be killed but there is no way any of us can say that none in America will be killed before the rapture. Christians in America are no better or worse than Christians in other countries and if it has happened to them and it has, all over the world it can happen to any of us. We, Americans Christians, are not the only Christians and scripture was not given for us only. As I said persecution is and has been a world wide event and there is no reason why America should be any different. God is no respecter of persons.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    HK, I am no Bible thumper, but I do read scripture almost everyday. This reminds me of a show I watched on the History Channel about three or four months ago. It was during the Revolutionary War, and at one of the battles that would have been, God did the fighting for us. Well, when I saw the show that is what I thought. A large British army was heading toward our guys and got hit by a massive freak storm in the middle of the night while they were asleep. It pretty much destroyed the Brits and killed a lot of their soldiers. The commentator said that if that army would have fought ours, they would have won because of their size. I think God just decided that that was not to happen, at least this time. Keep the faith dude, He can do it again. We all huff and puff about politics and Obama, gun control etc., but I do believe it is all going to happen the way He sees fit.
    I agree. We are and have been great only because god has blessed us. When he removes his protection, which I feel may have already started that will all change.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I don't know how many will suffer or be killed but there is no way any of us can say that none in America will be killed before the rapture. Christians in America are no better or worse than Christians in other countries and if it has happened to them and it has, all over the world it can happen to any of us. We, Americans Christians, are not the only Christians and scripture was not given for us only. As I said persecution is and has been a world wide event and there is no reason why America should be any different. God is no respecter of persons.
    HK, God is no respecter of persons has nothing to do with persecution, that is in relation to people on a personal, individual basis. We Christians in America have not suffered the same kind of persecution as in other countries because America is not and has not been the same as those other countries. America was founded on Christianity, remember? And I respectfully disagree with you, because, we can say that none in America (Christians) will be killed (martyred) before the Rapture & the Tribulation in the manner that you imply. I refer you to Matthew 24:36-44, and take note here that this does not refer to the second coming of Christ at the end of the Tribulation when He comes back to the earth in judgment. Matthew 24 says.."no one knows about that day or hour(RAPTURE), not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man". The Rapture will take place at a time when people are eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, a time when everything is normal in our daily lives. Would people be eating, drinking and giving in marriage, planning for a family, or anything like that if Christians are being persecuted and murdered in the manner you describe? Does this sound like people are hiding in caves in fear of their lives trying to survive? You'd have to totally twist the scriptures here to come to any other conclusion.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Well Ringo as you said, I respectfully disagree with you.

Well Ringo as you said, I respectfully disagree with you.
    I knew you would.

So, let throw this out for discussion; like many of you I believe that we are living in the time immediately before the tribulation and I believe that, as Scripture says, there will be a time when all the World is under one government, one religion and one economioc system. I don't believe any thing we do is going to change that. Now W/that background here's my question

Is there any point in our participating in the political process?

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    So, let throw this out for discussion; like many of you I believe that we are living in the time immediately before the tribulation and I believe that, as Scripture says, there will be a time when all the World is under one government, one religion and one economioc system. I don't believe any thing we do is going to change that. Now W/that background here's my question

As long as we are on the earth we are to be a light or the salt as scripture teaches. We all have our opinions as far as how close we are but the fact of the matter is Christians have had those same discussions for a long time. The fact is it will happen when God is ready for it to happen so whether it is in the next couple of years of the next 50 years we are to "occupy" until he comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post

The Lord made it very clear as to the time we are now living. The Lord has said that when you BEGIN to see these things come to pass, the End is near. Well, we are long past the time of seeing these things BEGIN, the majority of the signs to look for have already come to pass. There is nothing left to look for or that has to happen before the Rapture takes place. We are not close, we are there. The next prophetic event to take place concerning the church IS the Rapture. Do we participate in the political process? Yes, until we are caught up with the Lord we are to occupy and continue our lives as usual. Is there any point in it? The only point is that we are commanded to do so. Too many Christians look to America to determine our time frame in relation to End Time Prophesy, this is a misconception. Israel is God's timetable in relation to End Times, not America.

How close are we to the beginning of the Tribulation? The Lord has said that when we see the FIG TREE (ISRAEL) blossom in the last days, the generation that sees this will not pass away until ALL of which has been spoken of has come to pass. ALL includes the Tribulation Period & Armageddon. God has said a mans years (generation) is three score & ten (70 yrs), in God's words a generation at present is 70 yrs. The FIG TREE blossomed in 1948, beginning the last generation. ( 1948 + 70=2018 ) By the year 2018 All of these things will have come to pass. Subtract 7 yrs. of Tribulation from 2018, you get 2011. If scripture serves me correct the world has close to anywhere between a year to a year and a half before the Tribulation is to begin. One must take into consideration that it is without question, impossible, for ALL of the conditions prophesied & outlined in the Bible in relation to End Times, as they fit into place today, to ever be repeated again.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast