If 'Men are from Mars...'

Thread: If 'Men are from Mars...'

If 'Men are from Mars...'

It's been said that "Men are from Mars; Women are from Venus". The thinking here is that the two are fundamentally different enough that they might as well come from different planets.

If this is true, couldn't it also be said, for example, that "Liberals are from Disneyland; Conservatives are from Detroit"?

The reason I say this is that the underlying focus of the Liberal mindset is one of a Social Paradise...a Fantasy Land where everyone will be happy and healthy all the time, there'll be no poverty or crime, and the State will address all of your remaining inconvenient issues.

Conservatives, on the other hand, realize that the world is a muddy place, like a scene from Blade Runner, where each individual is ultimately responsible for his own being, for good or for ill, and all that's required is to ensure he has the tools to slay the dinosaur when it shows its head.

Only reason I pick (not pick on) "Detroit" is that it has a certain feel to it - even the name! - as being a nitty-gritty kind of city, deep, dark and real. Unlike, say, "Hollywood" or "Springfield".

Whaddaya think?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

3. I like it. You've pretty much summed it up (in my jaded opinion, at least).
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

4. In my youth I was a Democrat I have since switched to a Republican however I am still more an independent at heart. Here is a quote I like.

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30 and is not a conservative, has no brain. Sir Winston Churchill
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    In my youth I was a Democrat I have since switched to a Republican however I am still more an independent at heart. Here is a quote I like.

Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30 and is not a conservative, has no brain. Sir Winston Churchill
    Here's to having no heart!
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

When the Gop was more for less gov I wanted to be part. Now I question the way we are going.UN and one world gov. does not include armed peeons!