High Court’s Big Ruling For Gun Rights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Court’s Big Ruling For Gun Rights

High Court’s Big Ruling For Gun Rights

We need a little good news for a change. Thanks.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Great news, Dave. Thanks for sharing it. Makes me want to go outside and shout it as loud as I can...but I will restrain myself!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Great news, Dave. Thanks for sharing it. Makes me want to go outside and shout it as loud as I can...but I will restrain myself!
    Almost makes me want to go outside and fire of a couple of rounds, but I will restrain myself as well.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

great news ! Let's hope we can hold this ground now!

Not quite the decision I was hoping for - way to limited. Looks like the court won't go any further than the right to possess a firearm for self defense in the home, and even then may allow some restrictions on the type of firearm.

I was hoping for a ruling recognizing the right to own a firearm for self defense outside the home. This means the California case prohibiting firearms on all public property might be upheld.

The problem language:

Page 33:

Municipal respondents’ remaining arguments are at war with our central holding in Heller: that the Second Amendment protects a personal right to keep and bear arms for lawful purposes, most notably for self-defense within the home.

Pages 39-40:

It is important to keep in mind that Heller, while striking down a law that prohibited the possession of handguns in the home, recognized that the right to keep and bear arms is not “a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.” 554 U. S., at ___ (slip op., at 54). We made it clear in Heller that our hold-ing did not cast doubt on such longstanding regulatory measures as “prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill,” “laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.” Id., at ___–___ (slip op., at 54–55). We repeat those assurances here. Despite municipal respondents’ doomsday proclamations, incorporation does not imperil every law regulating firearms.

Pages 44-45:

In Heller, we held that the Second Amendment protects the right to possess a handgun in the home for the purpose of self-defense. ... We therefore hold that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment incorporates the Second Amendment right recognized in Heller. The judgment of the Court of Appeals is reversed, and the case is remanded for further proceedings.

I accept, but with caution. Saturday, I hung a large Gonzalez flag outside my home.
    Curt Lovelace
    Bible believing, gun toting pastor
    Acton, Maine

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

mojo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Are you sure you didnt?.....I heard something like a scream quite unusal for my peaceful morning!!
    never-the-less...........great news!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Almost makes me want to go outside and fire of a couple of rounds, but I will restrain myself as well.
    yeah.. might have to hit the forest...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast