WV Senator Robert Byrd dead at age 92
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WV Senator Robert Byrd dead at age 92

Exclamation WV Senator Robert Byrd dead at age 92

U.S. SEN. ROBERT C. BYRD DIES AT 92* - News - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -

What do you bet a conservative take this seat? It brings us one closer to taking back the senate.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I hope you are right.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I had heard part of a story on the news late this afternoon but had to look about the net a little for this:

No Special Election for Byrd Seat - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

Damn..... Just when you thought save to smile again.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    I had heard part of a story on the news late this afternoon but had to look about the net a little for this:

No Special Election for Byrd Seat - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

Damn..... Just when you thought save to smile again.
    I wonder why they do not want a special election? You think it could be they are worried about the out come?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Does this mean that the Naval Shipyard planned for West Virginia is being canceled?

I knew he was a crook, you knew he was a crook, everybody knew he was a crook, but he was WV's crook. A huge loss for WV but hopefully a gain for the rest of the country.

NEXT, apparenly they don't know enough to vote out these old crooks, this was long over due....

mojo Guest
    hate to see any soul pass on, but he is a perfect example of why some cry for term limits.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    hate to see any soul pass on, but he is a perfect example of why some cry for term limits.
    And he's also why we won't have term limits. He was the epitome of the problem: kept getting voted in because he "brought home the bacon". Just keep giving them sh#t, and they'll keep voting for ya.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    And he's also why we won't have term limits. He was the epitome of the problem: kept getting voted in because he "brought home the bacon". Just keep giving them sh#t, and they'll keep voting for ya.
    So True
    Fortunately, there is a God who has is own way of dealing with things.
    (I can hardly wait until God starts cleaning the "House".)

Good riddance to bad racists.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast