Cybersecurity Measures Will Mandate Government “ID Tokens” To Use The Internet - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cybersecurity Measures Will Mandate Government “ID Tokens” To Use The Internet

SecureID tokens and other means of 2 and 3 factor electronic authentication have been used over the Internet for years by companies, banks, and other concerns with important information to protect. The proliferation of identity theft, online fraud, malware and other Internet nasties is in large measure due to the fact that this type technology is not in more widespread use.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    SecureID tokens and other means of 2 and 3 factor electronic authentication have been used over the Internet for years by companies, banks, and other concerns with important information to protect. The proliferation of identity theft, online fraud, malware and other Internet nasties is in large measure due to the fact that this type technology is not in more widespread use.
    That may be, and I'm fine with private companies, even gov't agencies using this technology as I can choose to visit those websites or not. The main question, I think, is whether we're comfortable with the federal gov't requiring (ultimately) their use simply to access the net. I'm not. And I'm not willing to give the feds the incremental steps to get there. Comes down to your level of trust as per the gov't. My level is basically at zero.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." -- Rahm Emanuel, Obama's White House Chief of Staff
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    "Never let a good crisis go to waste." -- Rahm Emanuel, Obama's White House Chief of Staff
    What crisis? The one you are trying to manufacture here?

What crisis? The one you are trying to manufacture here?
    Go ahead...keep the blinders on. It's your choice. As for me, I choose to have my eyes wide open and to be prepared for anything. You call it FUD...I call it "vigilance".
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." -- John Gilmore, Time Magazine, 3 Dec., 1993
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

prisonplanet.com

What they don't tell you is how this technology works makes their whole premise for the story absolutely ludicrous. It is just another example of the extremist pseudo news sites using what CWM has dubbed "editorial something" or "grabber something" I forget. A sensational headline with absolutely no substance behind it whatsoever. They get your attention with crazy headline, then go off on whatever rant (typically anti-government around here) they are looking to get you to fall for.

Ridiculous.

prisonplanet.com

What they don't tell you is how this technology works makes their whole premise for the story absolutely ludicrous. It is just another example of the extremist pseudo news sites using what CWM has dubbed "editorial something" or "grabber something" I forget. A sensational headline with absolutely no substance behind it whatsoever. They get your attention with crazy headline, then go off on whatever rant (typically anti-government around here) they are looking to get you to fall for.

Ridiculous.
    If we are required to use ID tokens that can be traced back to our identity in some form or another, than we have lost. It will become another form of ID theft with a different spin. If the government controls the system it can be exploited and used against us. It is control and regulation and restriction. I do data for a living so I have some insight...

You seem so willing to let any little bit of your freedom ebb away. BAAHHH Bleat like sheep...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

If, if, if, if.....

How about if you knew what was involved with the infrastructure and support necessary to protect "content" on any given system (which is what this technology CAN do) not "Internet Access," (which BTW is NOT what this technology can do) then you would know that the whole premise of this prisonplanet FUD is ludicrous. Just like the notion of shutting down the Internet we were debating last week is similarly idiotic.

But since it gets your shorts in a bunch about the government, I guess they succeeded.

mojo Guest
    FUD............I have a definition of this ellipsis wanna hear it?
    didnt someone in another thread say the government could never shut down the internet, just not feasible!? dont get your token dont get permission to get on line, kinda like a "mark" on your computer instead of your forehead. btw, in reference to that, I'm on a dish connection;hmmmm lets see shut down the satelite and I got nuttin honey! And I beleive the could do that in a heartbeat.
    It is really amusing to see those that just want to go blindly on and think that this administration and the direction it is taking this country is all made up in the minds of "right-wing" radicals full of FUD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast