This will never happen to me - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This will never happen to me

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I've backed a LEO out of my yard before. If one shows up for my gun, he's a thief with a gun, why wouldn't I feel threatened?
    amen! i'm with you. they would be violating the Constitution,Bill of Right's and all things American! what would our founding fathers do?
    doing what is popular is not always right and doing what is right is not always popular

Quote Originally Posted by oldvet53 View Post
    amen! i'm with you. they would be violating the Constitution,Bill of Right's and all things American! what would our founding fathers do?
    Yes that true but you will be standing alone whereas they will be many.

In the end you will be dead, the media will report the incident as the police having to kill some militant wacko & seizing his arsenal (what gun owners collection could not easily be called an arsenal by the media) and another of our number will be diminished.

That is each of our fates if things continue on their present course.

As Ben Franklin said "we must hang together or we will surely hang individually".

Quote Originally Posted by Mudinyeri View Post
    I'm curious what people would do if they actually ended up in this situation. Not internet tough guy answers but real life. Are you really going to fire on law enforcement officers who may or may not believe what they are doing is right?

Personally, I struggle with the answer.
    I am what I am I will never say something unless I mean it. Unless I have committed a crime and I mean something one would consider a crime, and not something this administration dreamed up I would never hand over my guns. I will take at least two or three with me when I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Yes that true but you will be standing alone whereas they will be many.

In the end you will be dead, the media will report the incident as the police having to kill some militant wacko & seizing his arsenal (what gun owners collection could not easily be called an arsenal by the media) and another of our number will be diminished.

That is each of our fates if things continue on their present course.

As Ben Franklin said "we must hang together or we will surely hang individually".
    A man will stand against anything wrong no matter how many oppose him. I am way to old to run from a fight and if my life is a requirment for standing up for what is right I will gladly submit it.

If they take your gun's what is to stop them there. Next it will be your computer, automobile, house, wife, children, and your life. When do you draw the line in the sand, after it is too late? To each his own, as for me I'm not going quietly. You do what is best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I do too.... I like to think I would be altruistic & stand my ground against the illegal action but I fear the truth would be far from that.

The reality is I have a family that relies on me for support & they would be at the forefront of my mind. Also my whole life I have followed the rules & obeyed the law so standing up against the LEO would be completely alien to me.

The unfortunate reality is the stateists know this to & are emboldened by it.
    Many southern men in America's history have had families that depend on them but they chose to fight why must we be any differant?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Many southern men in America's history have had families that depend on them but they chose to fight why must we be any differant?
    Because we banded together...

If/when they come it will most likely be at night & without warning. You will hear a knock on your door & when you open the door a 6 man entry team will push you aside as they barge into your house. Your wife will scream & your kids will start crying. While you are trying to get your head around what is happening one of them will push you to the ground & cuff you "for your own safety".

That is if they dont think you are much of a threat. If they do your 1st inclination that something is amiss is when the breaching charge shatters your door.

Unless you are on a perpetual war footing you can not stand against that. And even if you are alone you stand no chance.

We must get organized & start banding together now while we can or sure as shootin we will get picked off one at a time as I illustrated above.

I noticed that anyone who starts a thread here can be Googled, and the entire internet can read your posts. I suppose they will come after us first because we speak out. Are we still allowed to do that, or is there something in the works to censor us. Maybe we need a HTTPS for a secure log in just for good measure.

I think the "gunkeepers" would need to be in greater number than the "guntakers," at that particular time. That would be tough. Organization would need to be detailed and concise, though this would certainly be construed as Big Sis Janet's "Home grown terrorism." Doing so, and being in the right place at the right time in number could either force a realization of Constitutional rights, or a larger standoff.
    Wow, I think I just reenacted the Battle of Lexington !

That was pretty nasty how they tackled that old lady.
    I'm curious of how police reacted to citizens who answered "No" to the question of having firearms, regardless of whether the No was truthful, or less than honest.

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    I noticed that anyone who starts a thread here can be Googled, and the entire internet can read your posts. I suppose they will come after us first because we speak out. Are we still allowed to do that, or is there something in the works to censor us. Maybe we need a HTTPS for a secure log in just for good measure.
    I am well aware of google I don't care who reads what I have to say, but I am no threat to anyone unless I am pushed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast