Anti-gun Zealots Trying To Ram Disarmament Bill Through Senate - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-gun Zealots Trying To Ram Disarmament Bill Through Senate

Send letters all the time and everyone I know who sends them about 2nd Amend things, never gets a response back.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

3. Read what the NRA has to say about it.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactShe...=219&issue=018

Hmmm, the NRA summary says nothing about veterans with PTSD and ADHD diagnosed people. Exactly what is the deal here?

I'm going to read the actual legislation instead of relying on other people to tell me what it says. I'll relay back any relevant info I find, as well as a link to the text of the bill.

Guys, the original poster had bad information, this thing won't stop veterans with PTSD or folks who had ADHD as kids from buying firearms. I'm totally floored that this erroneous info got posted, and more so that I reacted to it without checking the original source:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...bill=h110-2640

Read it for yourself, all this does is to make sure info is accurate on persons CURRENTLY prohibited from buying firearms.

This doesn't nullify the arguments of a person who contends that the 2nd amendment should not allow prohibitions of any sort. But let's actually see the bill for what it is, and make our decisions based on that. The original post in this thread was in error.

DemGunner; I stand corrected and apologize to all

It's usually not like me to just take someone's word on legislation like this; even the word of GOA. Usually go to the source, but not this time, DANGIT!

After reading the NRA analysis and perusing the actual legislation, the GOA view is but a small and incomplete part of it.

Again, my apologies to all and kudos to DemGunner ( and Ishi).
    ElZorro

Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    Guys, the original poster had bad information...
    B.S.! This is a NRA Sell-Out Pure And Simple!

ANYTHING that Carolyn McCarthy sponsors or brings up or sponsors is GUN CONTROL; she became a politician just to push her personal gun control agenda...
    As Has Chuck Schumer, and Dianne Feinstein these three are the biggest anti-gun members of congress...

OPPOSE ALL Carolyn McCarthy bills and amendments and VOTE THIS ANTI-GUN WENCH OUT!

http://www.gunowners.org/
    "The only no-compromise gun lobby in Washington."
    -Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)
    Last edited by Bohemian; 10-07-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rabywk View Post
    Send letters all the time and everyone I know who sends them about 2nd Amend things, never gets a response back.
    I get responses back; John Ensign (R-NV) & Jon Porter (R-NV) ALWAYS respond and they oppose gun control...

Currently, this anti-gun bill is in the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary for review:
    http://judiciary.senate.gov/members.cfm

All members of the SJC need to hear from us on this clearly anti-gun issue...

Contact links can be found on the link aforesaid...

If we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by ElZorro View Post
    Sure would like to see the statistics on how many PTSD-suffering and Altzheimer-afflicted veterans have committed crimes with firearms.
    ElZorro
    What does this have to do with anything? Gun control is about feelings, not about crime. 'Assault weapons' banned in 1994 we very rarely used in crimes yet they were the focus of the antis because it made them feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by lukemccoy View Post
    URGENT ALERT!!!

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
    8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151
    Phone: 703-321-8585 / FAX: 703-321-8408
    http://www.gunowners.org

But these two New York Democrats are currently planning to roll over gun owners with H.R. 2640 -- legislation which would bar you from owning guns if:

* You are a battle-scarred veteran suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; or

* As a kid, you were diagnosed with ADHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    B.S.! This is a NRA Sell-Out Pure And Simple!

ANYTHING that Carolyn McCarthy sponsors or brings up or sponsors is GUN CONTROL; she became a politician just to push her personal gun control agenda...
    As Has Chuck Schumer, and Dianne Feinstein these three are the biggest anti-gun members of congress...

OPPOSE ALL Carolyn McCarthy bills and amendments and VOTE THIS ANTI-GUN WENCH OUT!

I don't like arguing with my pro 2nd-amendment brethren, but this can't be allowed to pass. The GOA alert at the beginning of this thread contains two inflammatory and false claims - 1) PTSD will disqualify for gun ownership and 2) ADHD will disqualify for gun ownership.

I've linked to the text of the bill, which I've read, and it's clear that these claims are false.

If the GOA wants to persuade me to oppose a bill, they'd better try to sway me based on facts, not on lies. Debate the bill based on its content. If they want to shoot down the bill because it violates the 2nd amendment (which most gun bills do, necessarily) then they can say that. I support or oppose legislation based on the content of the bill, not on propaganda or even the authors of the bill.

READ Constitution Cowboy's post on "My Letter To The NRA Addressing The NRA's Support Of HR 2640"

Read "An Open Letter To The Pro-gun Community" from GOA:
    http://www.gunowners.org/

"Jun 13, 2007: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by voice vote. A record of each representative's position was not kept." - NO ROLL CALL FACT
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...110-2640#votes

H.R. 2640: NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007
    To improve the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, and for other purposes...

In addition, The facts are clear and simple; this is another Carolyn McCarthy anti-gun bill...

Oppose H.R. 2640 NO MATTER WHAT!

and if you visit the v/a for PTSD or anything remotely related to battle fatigue the v/a) WHICH IS OFTEN ROUTINE WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN UNDER HEAVY FIRE OR HAVE BEEN A PRISONER OF WAR) they can and will submit you to be excluded... which will occur automatically; and the financial burden of proof that you are qualified to posses a firearm will be on you...

To a lesser extent they (V/A) are doing the same damm thing now BECAUSE OF THIS DAMM NICS B.S. ...

Furthermore, ADHD and other similar problems are medically and legally often tied to mental health and behavioral health disorders; as is dementia & Alzheimer THIS LEAVES A CLEAR OPEN DOOR FOR EXCLUSION UNDER THE PROPOSED NICS AMENDMENTS AND EVEN UNDER THE CURRENT NICS ACT...
    The sell-outs at the NRA and their partners in crime whom support NO MORE GUNS "Carolyn McCarthy" (D-NY) would have us believe that the government would never do such a thing; but rest assured; that when the V/A or any other agency public or private sends lists of names for exclusion; it goes unchallenged by all but the accused whom have financial resources to oppose it which are of significant expense...
    THERE ARE ALREADY A NUMBER OF CASES OF THIS THAT HAVE ARISEN WITH THE CURRENT NICS SYSTEM; AND THE PROPOSED AMENDMENTS WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE! If the bill does not specifically exclude each and every potential health or other exclusion issue major or minor ITS AN OPEN DOOR TO EXCLUSION MEANING KISS YOUR GUNS GOOD BUY UNLESS YOU HAVE BIG BUCKS FOR AN ATTORNEY!

Do not buy the b.s. that it requires a consensuses of agencies and courts to make this happen because it does not and will not! AND THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING TO REVERSE IT; UNLESS YOU GET A LAWYER AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE AND PROVE WHY THEY ARE WRONG!

And how about this domestic violence thing or protection order or related...

Do you realize how easy it is for some bimbo to get a order of protection against a man from a court with no factual basis and without the other party being present?
    Personal experience here...

When this occurs the cops come to your door as you are a registered gun owner; thanks to the worthless (NICS system to begin with) and say I am here to confiscate your weapons...

Then you have to dig deep and get yourself a lawyer to quash the b.s. against you; and you have no legal recourse against the bimbo because the judge and the court were doing their job...

These bimbos can go into a J.P. and for 15 bucks make your life a living hell...

Also under the proposed amendments to the superfluous NICS Act...
    Being accused of a misdemeanor crime with a penalty of 1 year or more; gets your guns confiscated until your cleared...
    You lose them if your convicted...

In case you have not looked at the criminal code lately there are a number of traffic offenses that have that penalty...

Amongst many other laws that could potentially be abused...

NO MORE GUN CONTROL THE BUCK STOPS HERE!

NO AMOUNT OF LAWS WILL PREVENT SOMEONE WITH CRIMINAL INTENTIONS FROM OBTAINING A WEAPON BY ANY MEANS...
    Last edited by Bohemian; 10-07-2007 at 09:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast