Now Obama is "fundamentally changing" NASA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now Obama is "fundamentally changing" NASA

Exclamation Now Obama is "fundamentally changing" NASA

I don't recognize my country anymore. Obama is keeping ONE promise -- to "fundamentally change" the way the government does business. This is enough to make me sick!!

NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...tions-muslims/

Published July 05, 2010
    | FoxNews.com

NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said in a recent interview that his "foremost" mission as the head of America's space exploration agency is to improve relations with the Muslim world.

Though international diplomacy would seem well outside NASA's orbit, Bolden said in an interview with Al Jazeera that strengthening those ties was among the top tasks President Obama assigned him. He said better interaction with the Muslim world would ultimately advance space travel.

"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.

The NASA administrator was in the Middle East last month marking the one-year anniversary since Obama delivered an address to Muslim nations in Cairo. Bolden spoke in June at the American University in Cairo -- in his interview with Al Jazeera, he described space travel as an international collaboration of which Muslim nations must be a part.

"It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim (nations)," he said. He held up the International Space Station as a model, praising the contributions there from the Russians and the Chinese.

However, Bolden denied the suggestion that he was on a diplomatic mission -- in a distinctly non-diplomatic role.

"Not at all. It's not a diplomatic anything," he said.

He said the United States is not going to travel beyond low-Earth orbit on its own and that no country is going to make it to Mars without international help.

Bolden has faced criticism this year for overseeing the cancellation of the agency's Constellation program, which was building new rockets and spaceships capable of returning astronauts to the moon. Stressing the importance of international cooperation in future missions, Bolden told Al Jazeera that the moon, Mars and asteroids are still planned destinations for NASA.
    Last edited by Conservative Wife & Mom; 07-05-2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added link to original article
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    I don't recognize my country anymore. Obama is keeping ONE promise -- to "fundamentally change" the way the government does business. This is enough to make me sick!!

FOXNews.com - NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

Published July 05, 2010
    | FoxNews.com

NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said in a recent interview that his "foremost" mission as the head of America's space exploration agency is to improve relations with the Muslim world.

Though international diplomacy would seem well outside NASA's orbit, Bolden said in an interview with Al Jazeera that strengthening those ties was among the top tasks President Obama assigned him. He said better interaction with the Muslim world would ultimately advance space travel.

"When I became the NASA administrator -- or before I became the NASA administrator -- he charged me with three things. One was he wanted me to help re-inspire children to want to get into science and math, he wanted me to expand our international relationships, and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science ... and math and engineering," Bolden said in the interview.

The NASA administrator was in the Middle East last month marking the one-year anniversary since Obama delivered an address to Muslim nations in Cairo. Bolden spoke in June at the American University in Cairo -- in his interview with Al Jazeera, he described space travel as an international collaboration of which Muslim nations must be a part.

"It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim (nations)," he said. He held up the International Space Station as a model, praising the contributions there from the Russians and the Chinese.

However, Bolden denied the suggestion that he was on a diplomatic mission -- in a distinctly non-diplomatic role.

He said the United States is not going to travel beyond low-Earth orbit on its own and that no country is going to make it to Mars without international help.

Bolden has faced criticism this year for overseeing the cancellation of the agency's Constellation program, which was building new rockets and spaceships capable of returning astronauts to the moon. Stressing the importance of international cooperation in future missions, Bolden told Al Jazeera that the moon, Mars and asteroids are still planned destinations for NASA.
    If the interest was truly to advance space exploration, why would they "team up" with countries LESS technically advanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post

FOXNews.com - NASA Chief: Next Frontier Better Relations With Muslim World

Published July 05, 2010
    | FoxNews.com

So, in the last year, I have been pissed, sad, amazed and in disbelief...which emotion comes next???

This is simply incredible *(&!^! ...... I don't even know what to think any longer and am AMAZED that we aren't seeing this on any of the major 3 new outlets....sometimes I truly wonder if this is a battle we cant win

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    So, in the last year, I have been pissed, sad, amazed and in disbelief...which emotion comes next???

This is simply incredible *(&!^! ...... I don't even know what to think any longer and am AMAZED that we aren't seeing this on any of the major 3 new outlets....sometimes I truly wonder if this is a battle we cant win
    agreed!!!
    doing what is popular is not always right and doing what is right is not always popular

handgonnetoter Guest
    I still don't think Obama and his crew are going to get much further with their aganda. Call me wishful or whatever, but he is in freefall right now. I believe most of the country has turned against him and they only have a little time left before he loses his majority and his power. I still think he has been put in charge to create a one world order, and to bring the U.S. down is just one step in that process. I hate to see people, who are in charge right now, doing what they are doing. They are a part of a country that has written its name in the history books, but hate the fact that it has. Weird, and scary at the same time. It is human nature to be part of something big, but they dislike the fact that they are. Makes no sense to me.

Obama and NASA.

Yup, that's one cat that I'd like to see take a trip to the moon, but he's gotta take that goof Biden with him or what's the use. I mean, we could all get lucky. Remember the movie Armageddon. "Huston this is a kickass ride" ooops! Huston we have a problem.
    What in tarnations goin on in America these days. Dagnabbit, "CHANGE" what "Change" I say Change it back! I'm clinging to bible and my guns. Try to take either and you're liable to get blasted.

Maybe we can round up all of the Islamofascists, put them on rockets and shot them into the sun. That would be a way the Muslim world could advance space travel.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

riiiiiight... that has so much to do with space exploration...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

10. When you support the poor, you get more poor.

when you support exploration, you get explorers, scientists, engineers, techs, you inspire the dreams of the next generation to be greater than the one before.

He continues to destroy everything that makes us great.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

NASA; New Agenda Socializing America

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast