The Feds Sue Arizona Over the New Immigration Law - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Feds Sue Arizona Over the New Immigration Law

1. Jan Brewer for president!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Keeping in mind that this is about winning (or keeping) the Hispanic vote, B. Hussein probably figures he wins either way. Even if the admin loses the case (probably), he can at least point to the fact that he brought the suit. Ipso facto, he's the good guy who has the best interests of the Latino community at heart, and will fight for that community against all the racists (read: non-Democrats). My opinion.
    I'm sure you're right in that they want the Hispanic vote, but the lawsuit is more about power than anything else. The feds have been taking away the power of the states and the people for years. To do so they keep going back to the clause on general welfare of the people. However, the Tenth Amendment makes it clear that unless the power given to the Federal Government is not specifically stated stated, then it is given to the states or the people.

Remember that slap in the face BHO gave the SCOTUS at the State of the Union Address? I hope it comes back to haunt him and the trend toward strong central government (and 1984 Big Brother) can finally be reversed. S2...

JSDinTexas Guest
    Everything BO does is for the cameras and the sheeple, I mean liberals, uh I mean those who can't think for themselves, uh I mean ... well you know.

Today's Call To Action !

July 7th, 2010

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/polit...amnesty-2.html

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

6. AZ will win the suit, and hopefully counter-sue the Feds for costs.

The bigger worry is that Obama will issue a royal decree of amnesty to the illegals and pursue their votes... thus rubbing it in the face of all legal immigrants who have pursued citizenship. This would also effectively nullify any AZ legal victory.

Will Obama personally benefit from his amnesty decree?

It still will not answer the constitutional qualifications question.

I may have my states mixed up but didn't AZ pass a law that the Attorney General has to view the birth certificate before a candiadate can be placed on the ballot for President? If so, the motive for the lawsuit may just be more of Obama's petty revenge.
    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
    Winston Churchill

AZ needs to not wait to win this case to file a counter suit. They need to file the counter suit right now to compel the feds to enforce their own laws and accept and deport each and every illegal alien AZ turns over to them. That way, the suit and countersuit can proceed in parallel.

This will be a win-win for the state of AZ. They will win in the case the feds have against them since all law and case law is on their side. They'll also win that counter suit and the feds will be backed into a corner of the only way to get out of it would be for Congress and the president to repeal the law they don't want to enforce... in an election year...

Any attempt by BHO to give blanket immunity/amnesty to illegals now would lead to civil war.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

And the main stream media says character doesn't mean any thing. Remember in November votes mean something. This hope and change thing ain't gettin' it. Hang in there AZ, the people are with you.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    I may have my states mixed up but didn't AZ pass a law that the Attorney General has to view the birth certificate before a candiadate can be placed on the ballot for President? If so, the motive for the lawsuit may just be more of Obama's petty revenge.
    you are correct...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

JSDinTexas Guest
    I would guess everything they do in DC is revenge or payback for their perseived wrongs done to them.
    And has anyone noticed that what they do is always back-door stuff, not open and above-board?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast