California Open Carry Ban Moving Forward ...

Thread: California Open Carry Ban Moving Forward ...

California Open Carry Ban Moving Forward ...

Bang: Open Carry Gun Ban in California Moves Forward

Tuesday, June 22, 2010, by Dakota

Like guns? Then you may not like this. A bill that would ban the public display of unloaded guns passed through a Senate subcommittee today. Right now, California allows unloaded handguns to be carried in public (gun holders can carry ammunition separately). Those in support of the ban include many police groups, who argue it's a waste of their time when they have to respond to reports of gun holders, while those in opposition include a senator from Inglewood. Via Sign on San Diego: "Sen. Rod Wright, D-Inglewood, and a gun owner, defended the right to carry weapons in public as long as they are unloaded. Responding to complaints that the guns intimidate and make people uncomfortable, Wright said he has a tall friend with tattoos who intimidates and makes people uncomfortable. “Are we going to ban him next?” Wright asked as he voted against the bill." Perhaps we should! But doesn't sound like the ban might pass, according to Sign on San Diego. Meanwhile, the Daily Breeze is reporting that 'Open carry' activists will wear unloaded firearms at Hermosa Beach cleanup next month as a show of support of being able to carry guns. Pictured: Don't back that thing up, Red! People showing off their guns at the Open Carry.org site
    'Open carry' activists to wear unloaded firearms at Hermosa Beach cleanup event [Daily Breeze]
    Open-carry gun ban barely passes Senate panel [Sign On]
    Open Carry.org [Official Site]

Bang, Bang: Open Gun Ban in California Moves Forward : Laws : Curbed LA

IF you live in California or know somebody that still does, better ***** or get off of the pot...

OpenCarry.org

"A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

sooooooo glad to be FROM that state.....

Not much protection in carrying an empty gun. "Time out bad guy while I load my gun." Does this mean the bad guy has an empty gun also?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

5. Lulz, I think it's funny how the people commenting on that article in the link think gun control is a good idea. They "feel" that fewer guns is safer. They "feel" that shoot-outs will be a common occurrence in public. And they "feel" that comparing African countries, where "everyone openly displays AK-47''s," has the same socio-political problems as America.

"Thou shalt not think."

I didn't even bring up the Constitution "because that's just an outdated piece of history that has no relevance to todat's society."

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Lulz, I think it's funny how the people commenting on that article in the link think gun control is a good idea. They "feel" that fewer guns is safer. They "feel" that shoot-outs will be a common occurrence in public. And they "feel" that comparing African countries, where "everyone openly displays AK-47''s," has the same socio-political problems as America.

"Thou shalt not think."

I didn't even bring up the Constitution "because that's just an outdated piece of history that has no relevance to today's society."
    I sincerely hope that you were being facetious regarding your ' I didn't even bring up the Constitution "because that's just an outdated piece of history that has no relevance to today's society." ' statement...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I sincerely hope that you were being facetious regarding your ' I didn't even bring up the Constitution "because that's just an outdated piece of history that has no relevance to today's society." ' statement...
    Of course. I was hoping it was obvious with the quotation marks.