Who should run for president on the GOP side? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should run for president on the GOP side?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    If I had MY way, I would run West as the Conservative candidate in 2012. Not only would it effectively remove race considerations from the board, but upon West's successful win (and I DO believe that he would win), it would show the supremacy of the Conservative Ideal. In other words, it is the conservative philosophy that works, regardless of the race of the leader employing it, and the liberal philosophy that doesn't work, regardless of the race of the leader employing it.

Of course, I am also in love with a Ron Paul/Andrew Napolitano ticket!
    And probably none of them will be nominated because the two parties have for the most part become one beast with two heads.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Red face Again with reality, eh, HK?

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    And probably none of them will be nominated because the two parties have for the most part become one beast with two heads.
    Yeah, there is that, although I think that there are a FEW in the Re-Pube-ican party who have not completely sold out.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

If I had MY way, I would run West as the Conservative candidate in 2012. Not only would it effectively remove race considerations from the board, but upon West's successful win (and I DO believe that he would win), it would show the supremacy of the Conservative Ideal. In other words, it is the conservative philosophy that works, regardless of the race of the leader employing it, and the liberal philosophy that doesn't work, regardless of the race of the leader employing it.

Of course, I am also in love with a Ron Paul/Andrew Napolitano ticket!
    I agree that my friends, family and I would and could vote for West with no problems. I just think that there are many out there that have been burned and will refuse to vote of a woman or minority.

Yeah, there is that, although I think that there are a FEW in the Re-Pube-ican party who have not completely sold out.

I agree. Whether they can get past the bureaucratic blender to get the nomination though may be a very uphill battle.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

There should be no parties. It should be a group of people elected by the people, for the people. There should be no right and left, dem or rep, should just be what the people want. An issue comes up, we should vote on it. We need to go back to what this country was built on. Most American's seem to forget what exactly it means to be "American".
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    There should be no parties. It should be a group of people elected by the people, for the people. There should be no right and left, dem or rep, should just be what the people want. An issue comes up, we should vote on it. We need to go back to what this country was built on. Most American's seem to forget what exactly it means to be "American".
    That is a pure democracy, which the founders wanted desperately to avoid. This is not at all what this country was built on. This leads to what the founders called tyranny of the majority where a very slim majority dominates the rest.

You cannot eliminate parties, anymore than you can eliminate right or left.

We are a representative democracy and the system works well when people particpate. The problem is that very few do. Can't cite the % of people who actually vote, much less how many really "get involved" but both percentages are WAY too low.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Newt Gingrich. He has the smarts and toughness to make a good president and it appears he may run. He was one of the leaders who brought Clinton to the center in the 90's and helped balance the budget, plus he is in favor of drilling, a strong defense, etc
    He's also a QUITTER.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    He's also a QUITTER.
    What are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    That is a pure democracy, which the founders wanted desperately to avoid. This is not at all what this country was built on. This leads to what the founders called tyranny of the majority where a very slim majority dominates the rest.

You cannot eliminate parties, anymore than you can eliminate right or left.

We are a representative democracy and the system works well when people particpate. The problem is that very few do. Can't cite the % of people who actually vote, much less how many really "get involved" but both percentages are WAY too low.
    I think you may need to go review US history. The Constitution as written makes no mention of or room for political parties. Washington received the most electoral votes and became President in 1789 -- the first Presidential election. VP Adams received the second largest number. The votes were cast without party affiliation. It was only later (unfortunately not much later) that political parties took over the nation.

I firmly believe we would be better off had political parties been banned. I further believe we would only improve out nation by banning them now.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I think you may need to go review US history. The Constitution as written makes no mention of or room for political parties. Washington received the most electoral votes and became President in 1789 -- the first Presidential election. VP Adams received the second largest number. The votes were cast without party affiliation. It was only later (unfortunately not much later) that political parties took over the nation.

I firmly believe we would be better off had political parties been banned. I further believe we would only improve out nation by banning them now.
    I think you need to learn to read more than I need to review history. What did I say that is incorrect? I never said anything about the constitution at all, much less that it calls for parties.

Go ahead, tell me that I or others are "banned" from forming a political party. Yeah, that really is American.
    More like South American (venezuela).

The 2nd amendment is awesome. People on gun boards though sometimes forget the 1st is too.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast