Who should run for president on the GOP side? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Who should run for president on the GOP side?

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    Many people will say he quit. I say that he did what even G. Washington did. He took time to pray and regroup. He took time out to allow the political party to have time to think. Unfortunately they (the parties) did not rethink their views and find ourselves where we are today. I don't agree with everything he has done and he is not perfect he is fully human. Heck I don't agree with everything I have done in the past.
    So yes he is on my list of potential candidates.
    Well said. I won't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. No candidate is perfect including him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Unfortunately, you are 100% right! In fact, I think the whole Republican Party is comprised of a BUNCH OF gutless wonders.
    Yes, "gutless wonders" without question. I don't know what they stand for today, because they never put up a fight about anything to find out.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

wolfhunter Guest
    Founding fathers didn't want Political parties? Has no one heard of Tories, Whigs, Federalists, or Republicans (Anti-federalists)? While G. Washington didn't campaign on a party ticket as we know them, he was a Federalist (believed in a strong central authority with weaker states). His nominees for SCOTUS reflect this and we've been striving to maintain local authority ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Nope, I am not misunderstanding your position, purposely or otherwise. I am taking you at your word. You advocate a true democracy "as issues come up we would vote on it". .. .
    Well, you've proven your mendacity. I never said that and have no intention of dealing with you if you have to make things up.

I never advocated pure democracy. Go back through my posts on this site, I've consistently called for a return to following the Constitution. Not once have I advocated another form of government.

You have made any opinion you ever post here worthless to me.

Done with you.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Many people will say he quit. I say that he did what even G. Washington did. He took time to pray and regroup. He took time out to allow the political party to have time to think. Unfortunately they (the parties) did not rethink their views and find ourselves where we are today. I don't agree with everything he has done and he is not perfect he is fully human. Heck I don't agree with everything I have done in the past.
    So yes he is on my list of potential candidates.
    All I remember about the time wa sthat Newt wrote a book and made a fortune off it. The Dems got mad because he was possibly the most popular politician in America at that time, mainly for his "tell it like it is" manner. The Dems wanted to stir up things and bring him down by saying his was using his position for profit.
    I think he should have told them to kiss his grits and the situation would have been over. America loved him. The Republican Party caved in when it should have been supporting Newt. In my opinion, that was when the Repubs lost some fans, and the Party definitely started having problems.

I also remember at that time when I was sickened to see what happened. The Repubs had no stones, and still don't. That's why we are having top deal with these Constitution bashers we have in office now.

Where is John Wayne when we need him?

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Well, you've proven your mendacity. I never said that and have no intention of dealing with you if you have to make things up.

I never advocated pure democracy. Go back through my posts on this site, I've consistently called for a return to following the Constitution. Not once have I advocated another form of government.

You have made any opinion you ever post here worthless to me.

Done with you.
    You are correct. I began in this thread by responding to capo, you challenged me, and I have gotten his quotes mixed uo with yours. I am new to posting on sites and have made a mistake for which I apologize.

However, it is your choice to quit, rather than simply point out my mistake. I realize it is a much easier approach, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    All I remember about the time wa sthat Newt wrote a book and made a fortune off it. The Dems got mad because he was possibly the most popular politician in America at that time, mainly for his "tell it like it is" manner. The Dems wanted to stir up things and bring him down by saying his was using his position for profit.
    I think he should have told them to kiss his grits and the situation would have been over. America loved him. The Republican Party caved in when it should have been supporting Newt. In my opinion, that was when the Repubs lost some fans, and the Party definitely started having problems.

I also remember at that time when I was sickened to see what happened. The Repubs had no stones, and still don't. That's why we are having top deal with these Constitution bashers we have in office now.

Where is John Wayne when we need him?
    Yep, you got it right, Pilgrim.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Seems to me there needs to be a "transplant" of backbone within both parties. I truly don't believe every DEM or REPUB believes in the "CHANGE" we are getting. They are just to limp to stand up for what is truly right.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

wolfhunter Guest
    Seems to me there needs to be a "transplant" of backbone within both parties. I truly don't believe every DEM or REPUB believes in the "CHANGE" we are getting. They are just to limp to stand up for what is truly right.
    It doesn't matter if members of either party develop backbones. Nearly all of our currently elected officials are Statists, some may be "right-wing", and others "left-wing" but the vast majority are Statists. This is how someone who claimed to be as right-wing as Reagan could also increase the size and authority of the central government the way he did.

Again, two different flavors of Centralized government. Instead of voting party lines, start looking for those Smaller government, authority back to the States candidates. I think Mom referred to them as Statesmen, not Politicians.

11. Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Unfortunately, you are 100% right! In fact, I think the whole Republican Party is comprised of a BUNCH OF gutless wonders.
    You are correct just look at the leadership of the party....Steel, McConnell, Etc.
    Just the lackluster opposition they try to muster as the "current office holder" just steamrolls every thing he seems to want, judges, legislation, regulations, wants, whims and whatever... he seems to get it all.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast