Obama: Israelis suspicious of me because my middle name is Hussein

Thread: Obama: Israelis suspicious of me because my middle name is Hussein

Exclamation Obama: Israelis suspicious of me because my middle name is Hussein

Obama: Israelis suspicious of me because my middle name is Hussein - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
    LET'S SEE...ISRAEL HAS BEEN THREATENED REPEATEDLY BY MUSLIMS...YOU HAVE THREE MUSLIM NAMES...I DON'T KNOW FOR THE LIFE OF ME WHY THEY DON'T TRUST YOU MR. OBAMA. COULD IT BE YOU CRAMMING PEACE IN THE MIDDLEEAST DOWN THEIR THROATS WITH LITTLE OR NO CONCESSIONS TO GOD'S CHOSEN PEOPLE? OR IS IT THE FACT THAT YOU BOWED TO THE KING OF SAUDI ARABIA

Obama: Israelis suspicious of me because my middle name is Hussein
    U.S. president tells Channel 2 Israel is unlikely to attack Iran without coordinating with the U.S.
    By Haaretz Service Tags: Barack Obama Benjamin Netanyahu Middle East peace Israel news

U.S. President Barack Obama told Channel 2 News on Wednesday that he believed Israel would not try to surprise the U.S. with a unilateral attack on Iran.

In an interview aired Thursday evening, Obama was asked whether he was concerned Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would try to attack Iran without clearing the move with the U.S., to which the president replied "I think the relationship between Israel and the U.S. is sufficiently strong that neither of us try to surprise each other, but we try to coordinate on issues of mutual concern."

Obama spoke to Channel 2's Yonit Levy one day after what he described as an "excellent" meeting with Netanyahu at the White House. The two leaders met alone for about 90 minutes Tuesday evening, during which time they discussed the peace process with the Palestinians, the contested Iranian nuclear program, and the strategic understandings between their two countries on Tehran's efforts to achieve nuclear capabilities.

Netanyahu promised Obama during their meeting that Israel would undertake confidence-building measures toward the Palestinian Authority in the coming days and weeks. These steps are likely to include the transfer of responsibility over more parts of the West Bank over to PA security forces.

During the interview Wednesday, when confronted with the anxiety that some Israelis feel toward him, Obama said that "some of it may just be the fact that my middle name is Hussein, and that creates suspicion."

"Ironically, I've got a Chief of Staff named Rahm Israel Emmanuel. My top political advisor is somebody who is a descendent of Holocaust survivors. My closeness to the Jewish American community was probably what propelled me to the U.S. Senate," Obama said.

"I think that sometimes, particularly in the Middle East, there's the feeling of the friend of my enemy must be my enemy, and the truth of the matter is that my outreach to the Muslim community is designed precisely to reduce the antagonism and the dangers posed by a hostile Muslim world to Israel and to the West," Obama went on to say.

Obama added that he believed a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians could be achieved within his current term. "I think [Netanyahu] understands we've got a fairly narrow window of opportunityÖ We probably wonít have a better opportunity than we have right now. And that has to be seized. Itís going to be difficult."

The American President entirely sidestepped the question of whether the U.S. would pressure Israel to extend a current 10-month moratorium on construction in West Bank settlements, failing to give a clear answer. The moratorium is set to expire in September, and Netanyahu has announced that he would not extend the timeframe. The U.S., however, views continued Israeli settlement construction as a serious obstacle to peace efforts.

When asked whether he thought Netanyahu was the right man to strike a peace deal with the Palestinians, the U.S. President said that "I think Prime Minister Netanyahu may be very well positioned to bring this about," adding that Israel will have to overcome many hurdles in order to affect the change required to "secure Israel for another 60 years"

In a separate interview with another Israeli media outlet, Obama proclaimed that he was not "blindly optimistic" regarding the chances of a Middle East peace agreement.
    Israel is right to be skeptical about the peace process, he said in another yet-to-be-aired interview that was taped on Wednesday. He noted during the interview that many people thought the founding of Israel was impossible, so its very existence should be "a great source of hope."

Meanwhile on Wednesday, Netanyahu told U.S. Jewish leaders that direct Palestinian-Israeli talks would begin "very soon", but warned that they would be "very, very tough."
    Netanyahu told his cabinet earlier this week before flying to Washington that the time had come for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to prepare to meet directly with the Israelis, as it was the only way to advance peace.

Israelis and Palestinians have been holding indirect talks mediated by Obama's special envoy to the Middle East, George Mitchell. Aides to Obama sounded a hopeful tone regarding the negotiations last week, telling reporters that the shuttle diplomacy between the two sides had paid off and the gaps have narrowed.

At a meeting with representatives of Jewish organizations at the Plaza Hotel late Wednesday, Netanyahu discussed the efforts to promote Middle East peace. "This is going to be a very, very tough negotiation," he said, adding "the sooner the better."
    "Direct negotiations must begin right away, and we think that they will," he said.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

3. Oh please. I hate Obama, but I don't understand why everyone bought into that media outrage about the bowing. The media tried to make it seem like he groveled to the king and kissed his feet or something. That's the same kind of stuff they pulled on Clinton when he freely admitted to lying in court. Making a mountain out of molehill.

Tell me if this looks like groveling or more like a casual showcase of respect. Please don't tell me you think this is proof of some conspiracy involving Obama taking over the country for his "Muslim brethren."

YouTube - Obama Bows to Saudi King

Exclamation hE BOWED TO THE KEEPER OF THE THREE HOLY MOSQUES

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Oh please. I hate Obama, but I don't understand why everyone bought into that media outrage about the bowing. The media tried to make it seem like he groveled to the king and kissed his feet or something. That's the same kind of stuff they pulled on Clinton when he freely admitted to lying in court. Making a mountain out of molehill.

Tell me if this looks like groveling or more like a casual showcase of respect. Please don't tell me you think this is proof of some conspiracy involving Obama taking over the country for his "Muslim brethren."

YouTube - Obama Bows to Saudi King
    Obama bowed to the king of Saudi Arabia because it is a muslim rite/tradition to show deep respect to the keeper of the three great holy mosques as prescribed in Sharia law. If it were customary Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush would have bowed as well. They did not because they did not have a muslim upbringing as Obama did in Indonesia...Any more questions? Please don't try to shovel it under the rug bowing is a very big deal in that culture.I know first hand having been to the middle east 13 times while I was on active duty.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

5. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    Obama bowed to the king of Saudi Arabia because it is a muslim rite/tradition to show deep respect to the keeper of the three great holy mosques as prescribed in Sharia law. If it were customary Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush would have bowed as well. They did not because they did not have a muslim upbringing as Obama did in Indonesia...Any more questions? Please don't try to shovel it under the rug bowing is a very big deal in that culture.I know first hand having been to the middle east 13 times while I was on active duty.
    And people like you over-analyze things. I'm more concerned with Obama's objectionable performance as commander-in-chief, not trivial events like that.

Exclamation I don't over analyze...

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    And people like you over-analyze things. I'm more concerned with Obama's objectionable performance as commander-in-chief, not trivial events like that.
    I don't over analyze...I am merely pointing out that the Israeli's have every right to be distrustful of Obama. He has thrown them under the bus time and again. He will not stop until he is removed from office.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

7. Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I don't over analyze...I am merely pointing out that the Israeli's have every right to be distrustful of Obama. He has thrown them under the bus time and again. He will not stop until he is removed from office.
    Obama can't be trusted because of his pro-disarmament and pro-appeasement views, not because his middle name is Hussein or because he casually bowed to a Saudi King. This has to be a joke; you can't be serious about any of this.

This piece of garbage is the whitehouse is a moronic idiot. To make matters worse he is a dictator wannnabe, a narcissist, and on top of that is a moslem fascist. Put it all together and you have the disaster that is the US right now and into the foreseeable future. Couple all that with a congress that is, for some reason, totally beholden to him and refuses to carry out their constitutional perogatives based on what is best for this country and not the democratic party. The scary part is that this prince of fools will be out of office one day but the fools that elected him will remain to vote in the next moronic idiot.

mojo Guest
    Lets see, is it the name or the actions. Actions speak louder than words............he has berated their leader, he has continuely expressed an unquestionable support for the muslims over the jews..its a no-brainer that even liberals could see if they pulled thier heads out. This man and his administration are not friends of Israel!!!! Watching the interview with Ben Nety the other day, I could just see the blood flowing from him biting his tongue to stop from saying what he really meant.... and not, oh yes we have agreement from the WH and support. BS.

The bowing, the speech in Egypt last year where he pretty much said sorry for America standing up and supporting peace not terrorist. That same speech is where he decided that it was OK to use his very muslim middle name. Don't forget it wasn't allowed to be used by the Republicans during the election.

I am more than a little suspicious for a lot of reasons including but not limited to his Muslim name. I do not trust this usurping traitor in any way, form or fashion.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7