Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No privacy rights within 100 miles of U.S. border

wolfhunter Guest
    Oldest record I've found on this is:
    US Border Patrol sets up random checkpoints in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Oldest record I've found on this is:
    US Border Patrol sets up random checkpoints in Michigan
    Great piece of investigative work, wolf! The portions of this article that are most revealing are:

"The checkpoint issue reached the Supreme Court in 1976, which claimed that warrantless stops and searches do not violate the Constitution in areas near the border." (Apparently, this has been going on for decades, very quietly, while we've been asleep at the helm. )

"...civil liberties advocates in Texas, Arizona and California have aptly described the checkpoints as ever-expanding militarized zones.” (Government control has a nasty habit of infringing more and more into our liberties. )

"...part of the open-ended war on terror.” (Don't know about you, but I'm not willing to give up any liberties in exchange for a little -- real or imagined -- security. )

There is absolutely no reason why our government can't secure our northern and southern borders without infringing on the rights of our citizens...unless the reason for not doing so has much to do with power & control over said citizens.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    <snipped>

"...part of the open-ended war on terror. (Don't know about you, but I'm not willing to give up any liberties in exchange for a little -- real or imagined -- security. )

There is absolutely no reason why our government can't secure our northern and southern borders without infringing on the rights of our citizens...unless the reason for not doing so has much to do with power & control over said citizens.
    I'd feel a lot more secure if our government would just restore our rights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12