Obama spokesman says Democrats could lose House

Thread: Obama spokesman says Democrats could lose House

Exclamation Obama spokesman says Democrats could lose House

Obama spokesman says Democrats could lose House
    (AP) – 3 hours ago
    The Associated Press: Obama spokesman says Democrats could lose House
    WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's chief spokesman says it's possible that Democrats could lose their majority in the House this fall.

Press secretary Robert Gibbs says there's no doubt that enough seats are in play for Republicans to take control. Gibbs says the outcome of the fall vote will depend on whether Democrats wage strong campaigns.

Gibbs is echoing points that Obama has made political fundraisers this summer — that GOP apologies to oil giant BP and complaints about tighter Wall Street rules show how Republicans would govern.

Gibbs appeared Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's chief spokesman says it's possible that Democrats could lose their majority in the House this fall.

He says there's no doubt that enough seats are in play for Republicans to take control. Gibbs says the outcome of the fall vote will depend on whether Democrats wage strong campaigns.

Gibbs is echoing points that Obama has made political fundraisers this summer — that GOP apologies to oil giant BP and complaints about tighter Wall Street rules show how Republicans would govern.

Gibbs appeared Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

GET READY FOR THEM TO DO AS MUCH DAMAGE AS POSSIBLE IN THE LAME DUCK THRASH AGENDAS WILL BE PUSHED THAT NO ONE AGREES WITH BETWEEN NOV 4TH AND JAN 20TH
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    GET READY FOR THEM TO DO AS MUCH DAMAGE AS POSSIBLE IN THE LAME DUCK THRASH AGENDAS WILL BE PUSHED THAT NO ONE AGREES WITH BETWEEN NOV 4TH AND JAN 20TH
    That, Sir, Is the biggest fear that I have going into this fall election season. How much work will we have in front of us to undo the damages caused by these "leaders"?
    Semper Fi

handgonnetoter Guest
    Yeah, I believe the right will take back the House, but I still don't think they will get the Senate. (Wish they would) I feel the Republicans will get 41-45 seats in the House and will pick up about 3-5 seats in the Senate. What do I really know though, I don't have a college degree like all the important ones in D.C. and the Journalists.

My fear is that it could take one full term after they leave to fix just some of the biggest problems they leave us. Obama and his back alley maneuvers can leave the USA with many many problems we never even in our nightmares thought of.

Democrats, Republicans, fire them all. Send a very loud and clear message.

Quote Originally Posted by hazard123 View Post
    Democrats, Republicans, fire them all. Send a very loud and clear message.
    I agree. Yet many of the voters will keep voting for the person from their district or state. When the voter puts "pork" for themselves ahead of National Good things will not get better. Look at PA, Spector and Murtha have been prime examples of this for almost as long as I have been voting. In the case of WV the situation continued generations and they voted for someone that had to be wheeled in half comatose to vote. This insanity must stop. For the most part voters with not "dog in the hunt" (those that don't pay taxes) will vote for anyone that will make sure they don't need to participate in the economy.