Does your State Constitution protect your RKBA?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your State Constitution protect your RKBA?

Does your State Constitution protect your RKBA?

The U.S. Constitution and 44 States have Constitutional provisions enumerating the Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms. This website link lists States, in alphabetical order, with Right to Bear Arms Provisions in their State Constitutions and includes the wording of same:

Second Amendment Foundation Online

==========================================
    Last edited by Conservative Wife & Mom; 07-13-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: information added
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Exclamation Excellent Post!

Great link!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Yes, indeed.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

thank you for posting that! Good information to have. I am surprised PRMA has something like that...
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Thank You Ms Mom for the Link. Good Stuff..

Michigan Constitution Article I, Section 6
    Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.
    BUT Us/We here in Michigan Must remain ever vigilant. There is chatter/forces at work to have a new State Constitutional Convention.
    Our rights could very easily get trampled.

A Michigan Constitutional Convention Question is on the November 2, 2010 statewide ballot in Michigan as an automatic ballot referral.
    Section 3 of Article XII of the Michigan Constitution mandates that Michigan's voters be asked every sixteen years whether they want a constitutional convention. The last time the question was asked was in 1994, when voters rejected Proposal A by 28%-72%.[1] 76.7% of voters similarly rejected the idea of calling a convention in 1978. The current version of the Michigan Constitution was adopted in 1963.
    Semper Fi

Pretty much the ones that don't are no surprise.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

now this one's interesting.

Illinois Constitution Article I, Section 22

Subject only to the police power, the right of the individual citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I guess that makes Illinois... well, a Police State.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by MI .45 View Post
    I guess that makes Illinois... well, a Police State.
    It sure looks that way, MI. Clever observation on your part!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

North Carolina is one of those 44 states, and one of the original 13 colonies to sign the U.S. Constitution into becoming the Law of the Land, or I wouldn't be setting here now with my 709 SS in my left front pocket, and my TCP in the other front pocket! (Both pistols loaded with Winchcester PDX1 JHP Personal Home Defense rounds).
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast