Brief for 9 states backs Arizona immigration law
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brief for 9 states backs Arizona immigration law

Thumbs up Brief for 9 states backs Arizona immigration law

Brief for 9 states backs Arizona immigration law - Yahoo! News
    AP

DETROIT – Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox has filed a legal brief on behalf of nine states supporting Arizona's immigration law.

The Republican gubernatorial candidate said Wednesday that Michigan is the lead state backing Arizona in federal court. Michigan is joined by Alabama, Florida, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas and Virginia, as well as the Northern Mariana Islands.

Cox says states are authorized to enforce immigration laws and protect their borders.

The Arizona law directs officers to question people about their immigration status during the enforcement of other laws and if there's a reasonable suspicion they're in the U.S. illegally.

President Barack Obama's administration recently filed suit to block it, saying immigration is a federal issue.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    Glad to see Florida in that list. Our AG had originally said we didn't need such a law.

very nice! I am enjoying seeing the states push back on the feds

Sad to see that Idaho isn't on that list..might have to write some letters

Semper Fi

This is wonderful. I am so proud of these nine States, especially Pennsylvania (State of my birth), Virginia (my "adopted" State) and Texas (home of my oldest son). Does anyone know if the msm is covering this? If they are, wonder what kind of spin they weave into the story?

I just answered my own question...this story comes from the Associated Press. Can't get much more main stream than that!
    Last edited by Conservative Wife & Mom; 07-15-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: additional info
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

I'm sorry to see that Indiana is not on the list.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

"Michigan is the lead state backing Arizona in federal court"

Hell yea about time Michigan heads in the right direction for something.

Quote Originally Posted by emt232004 View Post

Yes a step in the right direction, Now if we can get something done with E-Verify for job applicants and Sanctuary Cities we'd have something.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by emt232004 View Post

yeah that's what I'm talking about. I got to meet Mike Cox last thursday when he came to speak at a tea party meeting about his running for governor. I was very happy to hear this today on the news. about backing arizona. I've also emailed his office concerning our 2A and have got back nothing but positive responses.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Brief for 9 states backs Arizona immigration law - Yahoo! News
    AP

DETROIT Michigan Attorney General Mike Cox has filed a legal brief on behalf of nine states supporting Arizona's immigration law.

The Republican gubernatorial candidate said Wednesday that Michigan is the lead state backing Arizona in federal court. Michigan is joined by Alabama, Florida, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas and Virginia, as well as the Northern Mariana Islands.

Cox says states are authorized to enforce immigration laws and protect their borders.

The Arizona law directs officers to question people about their immigration status during the enforcement of other laws and if there's a reasonable suspicion they're in the U.S. illegally.

President Barack Obama's administration recently filed suit to block it, saying immigration is a federal issue.
    I'm [email protected] proud South Carolina is in this. Doesn't surprise me though - we've never been afraid to fight the Federal government. I just wish we were the lead state but way to go Michigan. The fact that the state with the largest border with Mexico is in there as well might tell the federal government something.

I also loved that the Texas govenor has backed up Arizona on this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast