Once Staunch 2A Sopporter Inroduces Anti Gun Bill - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Once Staunch 2A Sopporter Inroduces Anti Gun Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    "A responsible gun owner would never lose a gun, or have one stolen, without reporting it to the authorities," said Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "
    Coming from the biggest anti in the Country that gives me a warm & fuzzy feeling all over...

H.R. 5736 would make it a federal crime if a law-abiding gun owner fails to report, within 72 hours, the loss or theft of a legally possessed firearm...

... The time limit would not allow for any mitigating circumstances, such as travel time or the inability to contact authorities. For example, a hunter who loses a firearm during a wilderness emergency could face criminal penalties, even if it takes more than 72 hours just to return to civilization...

...Perhaps the most outrageous element of H.R. 5736 is that it specifically exempts criminals from its impact. The bill clearly states that it would apply to a person who "lawfully possesses or owns" a firearm...

I am really confused about the title of this thread Ron...

Once Staunch 2A Supporter?

Carolyn McCarthy?

NOT IN OUR LIFETIMES...

Am I missing something?

google Carolyn McCarthy on ANY pro-gun site...
    NRA, GOA, SAF, JPFO ...

For Starters...

McCarthy says gun bill pushes back at NRA

The strong wind that blows against gun control advocates in Congress is more apparent than ever these days, but Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D Mineola) remains defiant and undeterred. Yesterday McCarthy introduced another federal bill aimed at curbing the spread of illegal guns this one requiring people to report lost or stolen handguns to police. "This is a push back to the NRA", "I am making a statement..." McCarthy said.

Read About It: Newsday

Posted: 7/15/2010 9:44:12 AM

H.R.5736 - Firearm Owners Responsibility Act...
    NRA-ILA :: The "Blame and Punish Gun Owners Act"
    H.R. 5736: Firearm Owners Responsibility Act (GovTrack.us)

Is this like the so-called Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986? which contained the first de facto gun ban in U.S. History...
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...1986-fopa.html

The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DONíT COME FROM GOVERNMENT
    No Bohemian I think you caught it all.

OK bear with me,
    Of course - you find your gun stolen.
    You report it to the PD Brand - model - caliber - serial number.

PD takes the info -
    Puts it in the property section of the Uniform Crime Report

Suddenly a few months later the Legislature says - Well we passed a law requiring gun owners to report stolen firearms, but there is no central data base to report these stolen guns to.

New law - New Data Base - New Section of ATF.

Now, someone breaks in to you garage and steals a hammer.

Is there a law that requires you to report that theft to the PD?

What is the difference between a hammer and a firearm.

They can both kill people, but a hammer is not a freaking constitutional right.

Do not trust these feel good innocent sounding laws.
    These people have an agenda and they will do anything they can.

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    OK bear with me,
    Of course - you find your gun stolen.
    You report it to the PD Brand - model - caliber - serial number.

PD takes the info -
    Puts it in the property section of the Uniform Crime Report

Suddenly a few months later the Legislature says - Well we passed a law requiring gun owners to report stolen firearms, but there is no central data base to report these stolen guns to.

New law - New Data Base - New Section of ATF.

Now, someone breaks in to you garage and steals a hammer.

Is there a law that requires you to report that theft to the PD?

What is the difference between a hammer and a firearm.

They can both kill people, but a hammer is not a freaking constitutional right.

Do not trust these feel good innocent sounding laws.
    These people have an agenda and they will do anything they can.

BINGO !

On April 7th, 2010 This Year On ABC's Good Morning America Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) Stated "WE WANT THEM REGISTERED"...
    Pelosi made it official to ABC: ?We want registration.?

Any Questions?

In the history of the world, REGISTRATION HAS ALWAYS LED TO CONFISCATION ...
    http://www.jpfo.org/
    http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/batfe-and-gunreg.htm

Fire The BEOTCH's McCarthy & Pelosi and the entire Stinking Democratic Party and every stinking RINO that does not hold the Constitution Sacred...

The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Colt 45 View Post
    This is nothing more that a way to make a legal gun owner a criminal in addition to being a victim.

Max

As that great innovator and inventor of the internet said it. "The debate is now over!" Al Gore of course.

The Devil in the details

To fullfill the requirements of this legal requirement, a gun owner would have to inventory their guns every 3 days. I currently inventory my only pistol at least twice a day - when I get up and go to bed- moving from and to my nightstand.

My long guns are securied in a way that discourages touching them.

In my mind, this is just some more harassment of law abiding gun owners.
    Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Don't know what reporting does for those of us who don't have to register our firearms.
    If nothing else, identifies you as a gun owner, for insertion into "that database"...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    X2! Smaller government is better government, and fewer regs tend to be better regs.
    Agreed. The problem with legislation is that the old never goes away to be replaced by the new! In the end, you just end up with tons of rules where you can't do anything anymore.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123