Eliminate the Electoral College.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eliminate the Electoral College.

Eliminate the Electoral College.

Once again the Liberals in this country want to change the country.

From Boston:
    The state Legislature is poised to give final approval this week to a new law intended to bypass the Electoral College system and ensure that the winner of the presidential election is determined by the national popular vote.

Mass. may join effort to bypass Electoral College - Local News Updates - MetroDesk - The Boston Globe
    Semper Fi

I'd like to see some discussion on this issue, because I'm not qualified to form an opinion on this until I have more input as to the pros and cons.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    I'd like to see some discussion on this issue, because I'm not qualified to form an opinion on this until I have more input as to the pros and cons.
    Agreed! I think that there are a bunch of REALLY Sharp people hanging in here.. I was in fact looking for their input.

The larger cities that are that are predominately liberal are bigger that some states.
    Semper Fi

I am qualified to form an opinion because I have not been banned again yet.
    If the Electoral College was banned a few years ago, Dubya would of lost the election, and AlGore would have been in the fancy chair in the oval office.

IMO, don't mess with the constitution.

The electoral college was put in place by the framers as another part of checks and balances.

Pick up a newspaper then.

7. Well, I guess California, New York, Texas, and Flordia could determine every election themseleves...

I like the electoral college. There have been several presidents that have put in office (beside W) because of the electoral college system. It keeps large states from tipping the scales too much, but yet gives them fair representation.
    Leave it like it is!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Agreed! I think that there are a bunch of REALLY Sharp people hanging in here.. I was in fact looking for their input.

The larger cities that are that are predominately liberal are bigger that some states.

My head just exploded

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    If the Electoral College was banned a few years ago, Dubya would of lost the election, and AlGore would have been in the fancy chair in the oval office.

The electoral college was put in place by the framers as another part of checks and balances.
    Well, if not being banned yet qualifies me to form an opinion, then I'll weigh in. Yeah, don't mess with the electoral college. Forcing the election to popular vote will, I think, serve to negate the input of a large section of the country (e.g., where I live in flyover country). And, it will further aggravate election fraud, I think. Imagine the dead who will gain the vote!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post

Agreed. There's a good reason it's there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast