Can Obama Assassinate Americans?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Obama Assassinate Americans?

Can Obama Assassinate Americans?

Focusing on American targets, Ben Wizner, a staff attorney of the ACLU National Security Project, in a Feb. 4 2010 press release emphasizes: "It is alarming to hear that the Obama administration is asserting that the president can authorize the assassination of Americans abroad, even if they are far from any battlefield and may have never taken up arms against the U.S., but have only been deemed to constitute an unspecified 'threat.'"

Can Obama Assassinate Americans? | Nat Hentoff | Cato Institute: Commentary

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Can Obama assassinate Americans?
    Yes. Does the label "American" somehow make one immune to criminal scrutiny?

Dredging this one up again in a little different twist, are we gypsy?

There are one or two Americans around whose disappearance wouldn't bother me.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    There are one or two Americans around whose disappearance wouldn't bother me.
    You mean happyness would be their picture on a milk carton.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Yet if BHO can have one citizen targeted for being a terrorist then those of us he has labeled " domestic" terrorists can also be targeted. Be careful what you wish for you could be next.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    Yet if BHO can have one citizen targeted for being a terrorist then those of us he has labeled " domestic" terrorists can also be targeted. Be careful what you wish for you could be next.
    +1, Kathleen. If the president had this authority, what would happen to the 5th and 6th Amendments?

Wait a minute! Obama and Holder demand that Islamic terrorists be read their Miranda rights, but an American that Obama decides, without a trial, has done something wrong can be whacked?

I"d say that the executive branch is getting quite a bit too big for its britches. There's a word for it:

TREASON!

Ave, Obama! Morituri te salutant!
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    +1, Kathleen. If the president had this authority, what would happen to the 5th and 6th Amendments?
    I truly don't think BHO cares about any of our rights or obligations. That is what scares me about him.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    I truly don't think BHO cares about any of our rights or obligations. That is what scares me about him.
    Quote heard from the oval office late one night "the Consta what??"

I am thinking anything Obama is in favor of is something we all should be against.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast