NEWMAX SAYS JEB BUSH GREATEST THREATto OBAMA IN 2012 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEWMAX SAYS JEB BUSH GREATEST THREATto OBAMA IN 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    I'll never vote for another Bush, unless there is no other option (i.e. to keep someone like Obama out). I see them as I did McCain, the worse choice of last election's Republican field.

After spending so many decades watching my former once proud state of California get invaded by foreign nationals from south of the border, I detest the Bush family's coddling of illegals and their open border philosophy. Jeb feels the same way as George did, makes him a poor choice in my book.
    Agreed! Personally I don't think Jeb has a snowballs chance in hell as the GOP frontrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    At this point, his treatment by the MSM might be my only reason to not consider him. Here's the twisted logic (Man, I love politics...not): If the MSM is painting the picture that B. Hussein is scared of him, that prompts the call for Jeb to run, and the MSM then skewers him, based on his name alone, just like some are already doing, and the Demonrats stay in power. The reality here is the we must consider the MSM as a political arm of the Dem Party.

Other than that, I don't care about dynasties, I care about who the best person would be to champion this country back to the Constitutional Republic it was meant to be. I'm not saying it's Jeb, but throwing someone out of consideration because of their family name, seems rather short-sighted to me.
    Does this logic apply to king Richard I, and Richard II of Chicago?

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    I respect Jeb. His record is one that I would be hard pressed to find much fault with. It worries me when the voters tend to look more at the families of "professional" political families then at those that don't quite fit in with the elitists. Lets see if we can find someone to run that has the ability to govern and the yet "no" desire to do so except the desire to serve for 8 years. Got to love Washington, he went back to the FARM.
    I respect him too. My wife and I were living in Florida at the time of his tunure, and most people there, at the time, thought he was doing a pretty good job. I would vote for him, over Obama, in a heart beat! No contest.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I respect him too. My wife and I were living in Florida at the time of his tunure, and most people there, at the time, thought he was doing a pretty good job. I would vote for him, over Obama, in a heart beat! No contest.
    Yet IMHO just the fact that he is a Bush would give lots of fodder to the Dems. This is not what we need right now.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    IMHO we sure don't need another Clinton, Bush or Kennedy to run for any office. The Founding Fathers did not establish a dynasty or Kingdom.
    I say vote for the best candidate. If he happens to be a Bush, so be it (I don't think it is personally). I don't think the fact that his father and brother were president should be considered a positive or negative for him. How his father raised him is however a good reason. However, to not vote for him just because his father was president, and independent of any other reason, is IMO not a valid reason. That said everyone is free to vote for whoever they wish, and for whatever reason they wish.

The Daley situation Iceman refers to is a little different. Daley 1 was a crook, and he raised Daley 2 to be a crook. Daley's problem is how he was raised. To me that is a valid reason not to vote for someone. On that whole thing I'm almost of the opinion that we need to see how much Canada would give us for Chicago.
    Last edited by SC Tiger; 07-23-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Rephrased

I think the "dynasty factor" is a negative, but it is my opinion that the 2008 campaign yielded a weak crop of Republicans for President. I'd like to see who else is out there! I guess if people want to make "The Dynasty factor" an issue, they will, as some have made Newt Gingrich's first divorce the overarching reason to never vote for him.

On a lighter note, a liberal colleague of mine had bought News Max's "50 most influential Republicans" issue some time ago. I should have kept my mounth shut, as she was apparently unaware it was a conservative publcation. When I told her, she pretty much didn't even touch the mag for the rest of the day and seemed fearful of it!

We need to focus on November 2nd, 2010 before we start any effort on 2012

Arm yourselves with the facts, and bring as many others as possible up to speed, and make sure you VOTE the bums out !

Taking Back Congress November 2nd, 2010 will effectively knee-cap Obama & Company ...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    We need to focus on November 2nd, 2010 before we start any effort on 2012

Arm yourselves with the facts, and bring as many others as possible up to speed, and make sure you VOTE the bums out !

Taking Back Congress November 2nd, 2010 will effectively knee-cap Obama & Company ...
    +1, Bohemian. We have to keep our eyes on THIS November and, after that prepare for 2012. Focus is so essential. Glenn Beck keeps saying that the MSM and the WH continually distract us with unimportant "important breaking news" (i.e. the Sherrod non-issue) while they're quietly steering the nation onto the rocks of Marxism by passing the financial overhaul bill...yet another "legal" way for the government to gain even more control of our lives. The survival of our Constitutional Republic depends on the next TWO November elections. Get out there and vote as though your very survival depends on it...because it does!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post

I would vote for him, over Obama, in a heart beat! No contest.

I agree but then again I would vote for a three legged dog with rabies over Obama.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I would vote for him, over Obama, in a heart beat! No contest.

I agree but then again I would vote for a three legged dog with rabies over Obama.
    Agreed...

Ideally, I would like to see somebody with the stones to say "Today We Stop Spending Money We Do Not Have In Hand... PERIOD" AND stick to it...
    Nothing gets left off the table...

AND tell the American People what they need to hear instead of what they want to hear...

What they need to hear first & foremost is:
    1. Nobody is Entitled to Anything at the expense of their neighbor...
    2. There are no free lunches...
    3. Life is not fair...
    4. Your Rights Do Not Come From Government.

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast