Dems have a Rangel Problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dems have a Rangel Problem

Dems have a Rangel Problem

it will be interesting to see if this one magically goes away before the elections...

The Fix - Democrats' Charlie Rangel problem

Ahhh...there's that "culture of corruption" the Demonrats were gonna do away with. I'd be laughing if it didn't make me so damned angry.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Ahhh...there's that "culture of corruption" the Demonrats were gonna do away with. I'd be laughing if it didn't make me so damned angry.
    Ya know, the one thing you do have to give the Dems is they are superior wordsmiths.... can't deny them that one

5. Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    Ya know, the one thing you do have to give the Dems is they are superior wordsmiths.... can't deny them that one
    I prefer lying sack of dog squeeze. Althought the Rep. are good at it as well.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Ya know, I don't think I would be as agitated by stuff like this if they would just stand up and state YEP, that's right, I get special privileges, special rights cause I'm a Congressmen or Senator. BUT to drone on year after year telling everybody that will listen that "It's ones duty to pay your FAIR SHARE of taxes." That there is no protected class of people. That the rich are to blame and get all the breaks. Then to pull crap like this............and people wonder why I'm so cynical.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

7. Power always corrupts with maybe an exception or two. Voting out the incumbent is the next best way other then term limits to stop most of the corruption. Just like the power of lobbies. I am waiting and wondering when he is going to scream RACISM.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Wink Dems have a Rangel Problem

There must be something about the Chair position of the House Ways and Means Committee that forces that Democrat sitting in that seat to break the law... Charlie Rangel isn't the first, he's the second Democrat to get caught in the past decade! Another Chicago "Gangster" - Dan Rostenkowski, held that Chair seat from 1981 to 1996. In 1996, Rostenkowski pleaded guilty to charges of mail fraud and was fined and sentenced to 17 months in prison. If convicted, although Rangel is 80 yrs old, I feel he should serve the exact same sentence as his predessor!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Rangel, who has held the Harlem-based 15th district since 1970, is considered a strong favorite in his Sept. 14 primary race against Adam Clayton Powell IV, the son of the congressman he beat four decades ago.

IMO, 40 years in office is way to long. What ever happened to term limits? IMO, limit office holders to two consecutive terms. Yet, We the people keep voting him in. Why? It is just the way it is.

The NYC people have a robot mindset. Everyday, it is the same crowded city routine. Charine has always been their congressman. Why change anything? Charlie is always in the news he must be doing good.

Charlie keeps them entitlements rolling in. Why would anyone want to change anything?

You know it is not just on the Federal level. We live in a small Township in PA. The Dems have run this place since time immortal. The good ? old "boy" has been ousted after 40 years and I can tell you the "sh**" is just starting to rise to the surface. I thought we had it bad but it seems the whole Township has been "sc*****" by this man and his family. So we can only HOPE that this will get better.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Neither party really wants to punish him for fear of being held to the same standard, he'll get a slap on the wrist and a date with the hooker Spitzer was seeing.
    Heavily medicated for your protection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast