My two cents...an editorial
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My two cents...an editorial

Exclamation My two cents...an editorial

We have faced the most abusive congress and senate in the history of the United States.
    At town hall meetings we were ignored by congressional types while a cell phone call was more important. We were intimidated by union thugs and roughed up at others to push an agenda that no-one in their right mind wanted. We have been victimized by new black panthers at the polling places. We have been told by Congress and the Senate that we don't know what is best for us. We have been forced to sit idle while big government drug it's feet for the oil spill disaster of the century. We have watched as profitable businesses and banks have had their @$$es handed to them by unlawful unconstitutional hostile government take-overs.
    Enough is Enough! We are all responsible in this mess. We the people voted them in and now the time has come to vote them out. We need to hold our politicians accountable and replace them with statesmen. We need to do it before more American lives/jobs are lost.

Just my two cents!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    We have faced the most abusive congress and senate in the history of the United States.
    At town hall meetings we were ignored by congressional types while a cell phone call was more important. We were intimidated by union thugs and roughed up at others to push an agenda that no-one in their right mind wanted. We have been victimized by new black panthers at the polling places. We have been told by Congress and the Senate that we don't know what is best for us. We have been forced to sit idle while big government drug it's feet for the oil spill disaster of the century. We have watched as profitable businesses and banks have had their @$$es handed to them by unlawful unconstitutional hostile government take-overs.
    Enough is Enough! We are all responsible in this mess. We the people voted them in and now the time has come to vote them out. We need to hold our politicians accountable and replace them with statesmen. We need to do it before more American lives/jobs are lost.

Just my two cents!
    I agree, of course, but I'm not at all optimistic about voting accomplishing anything. We'll see, I guess. My opinion: it's over. Where are these statemen coming from? Are there enough of them? Where will they get the money to compete? And if they do get the money, to whom are they beholden to for it? Nah...it's over. Others may be more optimistic.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

4. All valid points, but the real question is: WWJD?

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I agree, of course, but I'm not at all optimistic about voting accomplishing anything. We'll see, I guess. My opinion: it's over. Where are these statemen coming from? Are there enough of them? Where will they get the money to compete? And if they do get the money, to whom are they beholden to for it? Nah...it's over. Others may be more optimistic.
    There are days when I'm optimistic, but more often I'm pessimistic. Today is one of the latter. True patriotic statesmen are so rare and the majority of them don't have the financial wealth to run independently of special interest groups, and thus not be indebted to said groups. I am among those who believe that Puppetmasters (the global elite) are running world events and steering all nations toward the New World Order. IMO, no one will be "chosen", for either party, to run for President without their blessing. Will that keep me from voting? Obsolutely NOT! As long as I have any freedoms, I will exercise them until they are ripped out of my hands!

As to the question posed, WWJD? IMO, politically He would do nothing. The stage is set, the drama has begun...God's final plan is taking shape. Interpersonally, He will do everything to see that "none are lost"...and He looks to us Christians to be His ambassadors in this endeavor.

Prepare for the anti-Christian troll attack!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Not sure how to feel. Mixed feelings lately...

Angry? Yup, there already... Can't stand by and watch rights being infringed upon and eroded while the Constitution is ignored.

Hopeless? I'm sure there were times when the farmers and fathers who followed George Washington through the snow felt the same, but they remained loyal and committed to the idea of America as yet undefined at that time. Talk about a leap of faith...

Patriotic? That is without question. America is, and will remain my home...

Optimistic? I want to be, I need to be, but somehow it's overshadowed, but still I don't feel like allowing hopelessness to encroach...

So, what can I do to foster the latter 2 feelings ? Become more active in political support for a candidate that I have faith in and rally other like minded individuals to join the cause. Best I can do.

I can't begin to imagine what Jesus would do...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Not sure how to feel. Mixed feelings lately...

Angry? Yup, there already... Can't stand by and watch rights being infringed upon and eroded while the Constitution is ignored.

Hopeless? I'm sure there were times when the farmers and fathers who followed George Washington through the snow felt the same, but they remained loyal and committed to the idea of America as yet undefined at that time. Talk about a leap of faith...

Patriotic? That is without question. America is, and will remain my home...

Optimistic? I want to be, I need to be, but somehow it's overshadowed, but still I don't feel like allowing hopelessness to encroach...

So, what can I do to foster the latter 2 feelings ? Become more active in political support for a candidate that I have faith in and rally other like minded individuals to join the cause. Best I can do.

I can't begin to imagine what Jesus would do...

Peace...
    How's that S. Brown working out for you? Seems to me he is voting right along with the Northeast RINOs. Yes? No?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    How's that S. Brown working out for you? Seems to me he is voting right along with the Northeast RINOs. Yes? No?
    Oh, Geeze.. You had to bring that up... (not at you, love and respect...)

Yea, well at least he has a 2 year term until the next election and then we'll remind him about who owns the seat he's in just in case he forgets.

Here is his voting record so far as reported by Project Vote Smart - American Government, Elections, Candidates and Voting

Date Bill Title Vote Outcome
    07/21/2010 Unemployment Benefits Extension and Tax Law Amendments
    HR 4213 N Concurrence Vote Passed - Senate
    (59 - 39)

07/20/2010 Unemployment Benefits Extension and Tax Law Amendments
    HR 4213 N Cloture Invoked - Senate
    (60 - 40)

06/09/2010 Requiring Reports on Foreign Holdings of U.S. Debt
    S Amdt 4326 N Amendment Adopted - Senate
    (58 - 41)

06/09/2010 Requiring Reports on Foreign Holdings of U.S. Debt
    S Amdt 4302 N Amendment Not Tabled - Senate
    (38 - 61)

05/27/2010 Fiscal Year 2009-2010 Supplemental Appropriations
    HR 4899 Y Bill Passed - Senate
    (67 - 28)

05/18/2010 Prohibiting Funding of State and Local Governments to Prevent Defaulting on Debt
    S Amdt 4051 Y Amendment Rejected - Senate
    (47 - 50)

04/15/2010 Unemployment Benefits Extension
    HR 4851 N Bill Passed - Senate
    (59 - 38)

03/17/2010 Employment, Infrastructure, and Transportation Appropriations and Tax Credits ("Senate Jobs Bill")
    HR 2847 Y Concurrence Vote Passed - Senate
    (68 - 29)

03/10/2010 Extending Unemployment Benefits and Certain Tax Credits
    HR 4213 N Bill Passed - Senate
    (62 - 36)

03/03/2010 Payment to Social Security Recipients
    S Amdt 3353 N Motion Rejected - Senate
    (47 - 50)

02/24/2010 Employment, Infrastructure, and Transportation Appropriations and Tax Credits ("Senate Jobs Bill")
    HR 2847 Y Concurrence Vote Passed - Senate
    (70 - 28)

02/22/2010 Employment, Infrastructure, and Transportation Appropriations and Tax Credits ("Senate Jobs Bill")
    HR 2847 Y Cloture Invoked - Senate
    (62 - 30)

01/14/2010 Education Law Amendments
    S 2247 Y Conference Report Adopted - Senate
    (23 - 12)

07/29/2008 Election Day Voter Registration
    S 2807 Y Bill Passed - Senate
    (33 - 5)

06/12/2008 Life-Science Bill
    H 4554 N Conference Report Adopted - Senate
    (31 - 7)

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Exclamation Wwjd???

When Jesus was confronted with corruption He acted swiftly. He over turned the tables and declared not in my Father's house!
    When He was confronted with the possibility of his disciples being in danger...He advised them to arm themselves.
    When He was confronted with temptation He told satan to get thee behind me (get bent, get lost etc.)
    When asked the really tough questions He always responded with wisdom and courage. He spoke directly to the situations and really did not give two hoots what the powers that be had to say about it.
    Jesus expressed his thoughts and view points without sinning.
    I wish I was that cool under pressure but I am not.
    What would Jesus do?
    He would tell us straight up what we are doing wrong. What we need to do to fix ourselves and then let us choose our own path.

I like that Jewish carpenter! He is a man's man!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    There are days when I'm optimistic, but more often I'm pessimistic. Today is one of the latter. True patriotic statesmen are so rare and the majority of them don't have the financial wealth to run independently of special interest groups, and thus not be indebted to said groups. I am among those who believe that Puppetmasters (the global elite) are running world events and steering all nations toward the New World Order. IMO, no one will be "chosen", for either party, to run for President without their blessing. Will that keep me from voting? Obsolutely NOT! As long as I have any freedoms, I will exercise them until they are ripped out of my hands!

As to the question posed, WWJD? IMO, politically He would do nothing. The stage is set, the drama has begun...God's final plan is taking shape. Interpersonally, He will do everything to see that "none are lost"...and He looks to us Christians to be His ambassadors in this endeavor.

Prepare for the anti-Christian troll attack!

I would not say I am a pessimist but rather a realist. I feel at times that things are hopeless but I do feel also we can not quit fighting until the end. We may not be able to change the out come but we may be able to slow it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I would not say I am a pessimist but rather a realist. I feel at times that things are hopeless but I do feel also we can not quit fighting until the end. We may not be able to change the out come but we may be able to slow it.
    Agreed, HK. I do prefer the moniker of "Realist"! And, like you, I have no intention of quitting the fight until I'm dead or raptured...either way, I'll be out of this world!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast