H. R. 5741 civilian service corps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H. R. 5741 civilian service corps

H. R. 5741 civilian service corps

H. R. 5741

To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, and for other purposes.

[url]http://www.govtrack.us/congress/]
    I won't comment on this except to say this: A country we were at war with in our past had this also. It did not turn out so good for 13+ million people. Have fun.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

You have a dead link there K.E. but here is a brief synopsis: The Universal National Service Act, also known simply as HR 5741, is under heavy debate in the House. If passed, the act would move to require every citizen between 18 and 42 to give two years of public service. That public service could fall under military work, or work with another non-profit service.

Non-profit services could include working in hospitals, schools, or other much needed public services like social workers. The bill is being pressed by Congressman Charlie Rangel, and has unleashed a lot of debate. While the idea of required public service is new to Americans, in other parts of the world it is common.

There will be much debate over coming weeks surrounding the bill, and the possibility of it being passed.

Fixed the link. When you get there go to Bills & Resolutions and search for H.R. 5741.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

As well as I can remember, this was an Obama revelation that surfaced during or shortly after his campaign and Rangel, who had been harping on bringing the draft back, took the idea and ran with it. Wasn't there an Obama supporter by the last name of Johnson in California who was already recruiting young black kids in association with Michelle Obama to act as BHO's "Youth Corp."?
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    As well as I can remember, this was an Obama revelation that surfaced during or shortly after his campaign and Rangel, who had been harping on bringing the draft back, took the idea and ran with it. Wasn't there an Obama supporter by the last name of Johnson in California who was already recruiting young black kids in association with Michelle Obama to act as BHO's "Youth Corp."?
    Youth corps or the New and Improved Young Black Panthers?

Will their shirts be brown?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    Youth corps or the New and Improved Young Black Panthers?

Obama Youth Corps -- the 21st century version of the Hitler Youth? Those kids ratted on their own parents!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

All that misguided youth, lead by a misguided ruler. Maybe the new slogan will be HOPE, CHANGE, OR ELSE!

So much for a free country

Quote Originally Posted by dvnfly View Post
    So much for a free country
    not if "they" get their way.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast