ObamaCare: The Government’s Rationing Toolbox Exposed "no cancer drugs for you" - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ObamaCare: The Government’s Rationing Toolbox Exposed "no cancer drugs for you"

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    This great Nation has been built on inspiration and work of the INDIVIDUAL, not the masses in this free market environment.
    I have increased my salary by a little over 100% cumulative over the past eight years by a combination of changing jobs (three employers, four different positions). This year was the first year I did not increase my salary due to a company-wide policy reflecting the tight economic conditions. Maybe I'll just start looking again. I could not agree more with that statement above, mappow.

The remainder or your sentiment is hogwash, at least from my perspective. The man is not keeping me down. Nobody that has the initiative to succeed will be kept down. There will always be work for somebody who wants to show up and work.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedFetus View Post
    Who wants to keep living a painful life while dying of terminal cancer? Take me off life support if I ever get to that situation. The pain, I hear, is insuffrable. I could see if the FDA was rationing drugs that treated cancer that was not terminal, but the bottom line is that you are going to pass anyway. Why keep someone alive in pain so that the family can feel better about keeping them around longer? They have to go anyway, why not let them go peacefully? Using a drug to increase life-span in an unnatural manner doesn't seem right in the first place.

edit. I get it, because it is the work of the Obama administration that you are making a scene over it.

IMO inhibiting one's natural death is unconscionable. If the person is supposed to die, then they should die. They should not be kept alive by unnatural means. That is wrong.
    Who wants to keep living >>>> Maybe "they" do!
    Take me off life support >>> You make your own decision. Be nice if you let others make theirs!
    Why keep someone alive >>> You are the one to decide for others?
    They have to go anyway, why not let them
    >>>> Yes LET THEM decide! Not you or some bureaucrat removed from the situation
    BTW Great Britain is decentralizing their health care. In addition they are rationing hip replacement and cataract surgery!

I do not believe responding to Armedfetus would be a very good idea at this point.

At least if you expect an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Sorry to throw my $ 20.00 in (2 cents, who the Hell wants 2 cents, I'm a Capitalist dammit) BUT CASH IS KING. Look at all the Politicians, OK most. They preach one thing and do another. "IT'S YOUR PATRIOTIC DUTY TO PAY YOUR TAXES" Yet most of em dodge their way out of them......OK Wrangle their way out of them. Crap, Kerry parks his 9 million dollar yacht in RI to avoid Mass. property taxes. ONLY now just paid up cuz he was pressured into it.
    As for your Health Care, CASH is King. There will be a two tiered system. FIRST Tier-You the public, SECOND Tier-Those that can and will pay for better health care. Weather it's here or a quick plane ride down to Costa Rica. (Currently setting up Medical Clinics for Americans by Americans). "Won't happen here", think again.......My bosses sister is having a full mastectomy and rebuild, this is in Holland. The first surgery 2-month waiting list, rebuild 8 month waiting list. BUT----Private Health Care in HOLLAND will do it almost the same day. WHY-----Cash is KING.

As for ArmedFestus and his posturing and pondering WHY we are in the mess we're in. (Or at least inherited from GW) Let me just say the only reason you are posting on a computer to this site is directly due to a FREE MARKET. GOVERNMENT interference in any free market no longer makes it free and also makes the manipulation of that market a possibility. And of course if it's possible it's already been done. Let me put it a kinder, gentler way: Due to the constant degradation of our society and continued pandering to those that create nothing. Most of us producers have been turned into Sharecroppers and this great Nation of ours is nothing more than a Plantation, Uncle Sam's Plantation.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

WELL SAID! Ayn is right. If you took care of the "smallest minority" the "victimized" groups would have nothing to complain about! Just use the rule book! That would be the Constitution!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123