Will Washington's Failures Lead To Second American Revolution? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Washington's Failures Lead To Second American Revolution?

Quote Originally Posted by rakkasan2187 View Post
    it never was a democracy, it's a Republic
    More succinctly.

Democratic, Federalist, Republic...Oh and don't forget, Capitalist form of government...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    This is understandable because some flavors of FUD are nearly insoluble and completely inert. Being composed of almost pure nonsense, it can become difficult for the human mind to comprehend.
    The comprehension will come in the form of a jolt to the system. Dismissing it as FUD is a safety mechanism that prevents the incomprehensible from being disseminated ... The question: What will cause the spark?

Peace...

4. So as not to get myself in trouble (nor USACarry.com)... I will not post the story, only the link to it (Look at The Armed Citizen blog (previoulsly known as Clayton Cramer) to understand why it has become risky to post stories from other outlets).

Here's an excellent OP ED form Peggy Noonan in the Wall Street Journal:America Is at Risk of BoilingOver

While many of us feel that the 2nd is the right of revolution; designed to protect the citizenry,through arms and militia action, from the tyranny of government, historically it is not... Rebellions by citizens armed, even under the auspices of militia, were quelled by federal troops, EVEN in the days of the founders.

In designing our Republic, the founders believed they had formed the perfect government because it was designed to be changed to represent the people's wishes through the use of the constitutional exersise of the tools in the document.

Calls for "watering the tree of liberty" unless backed by a pledge of a huge cross section of the nation of "...Lives,... Fortunes, and... sacred Honor" can be no successful revolution... And, there are not enough citizens in any faction of our fractured society to do so.... If there were, we would be able to change the government that is, through the channels offered in the Constitution, into what it "should be."

[QUOTE=oakchas;153656]So as not to get myself in trouble (nor USACarry.com)... I will not post the story, only the link to it (Look at The Armed Citizen blog (previoulsly known as Clayton Cramer) to understand why it has become risky to post stories frm other outlets).

QUOTE]
    Oakchas, that must be some serious stuff in the armed citizen. There are a few people here who do nothing but post stories from other outlets.

6. Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    So as not to get myself in trouble (nor USACarry.com)... I will not post the story, only the link to it (Look at The Armed Citizen blog (previoulsly known as Clayton Cramer) to understand why it has become risky to post stories frm other outlets).

Oakchas, that must be some serious stuff in the armed citizen. There are a few people here who do nothing but post stories from other outlets.
    Well, there is apparently a legal group... (who happen to be associated with the Obamas, (whooda thunk it?)) That has purchased(???) the copyrights of several newspapers. The legal group is suing the owners of several blogs and some non-profits as well, for copyright infringement.

The Armed Citizen blog was simply a listng of current stories involving the use of a firearm against criminals by average citizens (no police shootings)... The site always linked to the article in the original publication and posted the article itself. This list went back several years...

So, a good and useful reference for gun owners that helps prove our case of an "armed society being a polite society;" is in grave danger of being lost.

Help if you can... at least spread the word.

Information can be found here... scroll past the appeal for funds, read the details, then decide if you might pledge a tiny bit of your "fortune" to defend the first amendment rights of a second amendment supporter:

The Armed Citizen

7. Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    So as not to get myself in trouble (nor USACarry.com)... I will not post the story, only the link to it (Look at The Armed Citizen blog (previoulsly known as Clayton Cramer) to understand why it has become risky to post stories from other outlets).

Here's an excellent OP ED form Peggy Noonan in the Wall Street Journal:America Is at Risk of BoilingOver

While many of us feel that the 2nd is the right of revolution; designed to protect the citizenry,through arms and militia action, from the tyranny of government, historically it is not... Rebellions by citizens armed, even under the auspices of militia, were quelled by federal troops, EVEN in the days of the founders.

In designing our Republic, the founders believed they had formed the perfect government because it was designed to be changed to represent the people's wishes through the use of the constitutional exersise of the tools in the document.

Calls for "watering the tree of liberty" unless backed by a pledge of a huge cross section of the nation of "...Lives,... Fortunes, and... sacred Honor" can be no successful revolution... And, there are not enough citizens in any faction of our fractured society to do so.... If there were, we would be able to change the government that is, through the channels offered in the Constitution, into what it "should be."
    The first revolution was fought by less than 10%, supported by less than 30% of the people. The other question, will American troops today fire upon American citizens today? How many will join the Revolution?

I will tell you, I firmly believe the ONLY thing stopping a suspension of the Constitution today is you and I gun owners. I doubt they believe the military will turn on them. I believe it would, knowing the caliber and character of the men and women who serve.

I really believe a general strike by gun owners (and sympathisers) would be enough to topple the government. I expect we are the majority of the producers in our society (as opposed to the 50% who do not pay taxes), what happens when we stop producing?

I would still MUCH prefer a no shot fired revolution to restore the Constitution, not replace it. I do not know anyone, myself included, I would trust to replace, oir even edit, that document. This is why I am against any amendments at this time, I do not trust us in such a reactionary time.

Bless and protect us all.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

8. Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    The first revolution was fought by less than 10%, supported by less than 30% of the people. The other question, will American troops today fire upon American citizens today? How many will join the Revolution?
    Not enough to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    I will tell you, I firmly believe the ONLY thing stopping a suspension of the Constitution today is you and I gun owners. I doubt they believe the military will turn on them. I believe it would, knowing the caliber and character of the men and women who serve.
    While I agree that the caliber and character of the enlisted is high, I don't know that they would be willing to defy thier commanders. "Militia nullification" has been tried. George Washington sent the federal troops to quell the attempted "militia nullification."

I really believe a general strike by gun owners (and sympathisers) would be enough to topple the government. I expect we are the majority of the producers in our society (as opposed to the 50% who do not pay taxes), what happens when we stop producing?
    In this economy, I can guarantee that any striking producer will be replaced by one who will work for less. It would be a brief hiccup in "production."

I would still MUCH prefer a no shot fired revolution to restore the Constitution, not replace it. I do not know anyone, myself included, I would trust to replace, oir even edit, that document. This is why I am against any amendments at this time, I do not trust us in such a reactionary time.
    I agree... and wish it were not so...

Bless and protect us all.
    Please, yes... we need that now as much as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    So as not to get myself in trouble (nor USACarry.com)... I will not post the story, only the link to it (Look at The Armed Citizen blog (previoulsly known as Clayton Cramer) to understand why it has become risky to post stories from other outlets).

It is in and through this channel of Constitutional power that I hope all Americans focus their anger this November. I believe it will be a good show of hands to indicate the aforementioned cross section of the nation. My 2 pennies...

The farmers and fathers who took up arms against the king had no idea of what America was or could be. They followed Washington into harms way based on a belief of what was possible. They had not as yet tasted freedom nor been under the blanket of protection by government. Now the same farmers and fathers have far more at stake and way too much to lose.

Will it come to blows in a violent manner? Not completely sure it could not and not sure it could or would. So for now we will live the balance responsibilities and rights. We have the responsibility to live within the rules and laws, but we also have the right to change them..

Peace...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123