NRA Response to Kagan - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA Response to Kagan

I've heard the term Gypsy before. What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    I've heard the term Gypsy before. What does it mean?
    It is a term a troll uses to attack someone a lot smarter then they are.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

The NRA was always against the Kagan nomination, but as long as the liberals control the Senate, the nomination was never in doubt. We can change all that in November by voting the liberals out of office and changing that balance of power.

As far as leaving the NRA, who else do you expect to fight for your Second Amendment Rights. Nobody else has the influence in Washington to effectively defend our rights.

The NRA does not defend First Amendment Rights, someone else will have to take on that battle. Perhaps Erick Erickson, whoever he is, will take care of your First Amendment Rights.

That whole post about the NRA Board being told not to speak out on the Disclose Act is entirely BS. Does anyone tell Ted Nugent what to say. He is on the NRA Board, as Jack Rousch, Tom Selleck and many others who won't be told what to do. The Board is composed of 75 members, who are elected by the NRA members, so don't think they can be controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    The NRA was always against the Kagan nomination, but as long as the liberals control the Senate, the nomination was never in doubt. We can change all that in November by voting the liberals out of office and changing that balance of power.

As far as leaving the NRA, who else do you expect to fight for your Second Amendment Rights. Nobody else has the influence in Washington to effectively defend our rights.

The NRA does not defend First Amendment Rights, someone else will have to take on that battle. Perhaps Erick Erickson, whoever he is, will take care of your First Amendment Rights.

That whole post about the NRA Board being told not to speak out on the Disclose Act is entirely BS. Does anyone tell Ted Nugent what to say. He is on the NRA Board, as Jack Rousch, Tom Selleck and many others who won't be told what to do. The Board is composed of 75 members, who are elected by the NRA members, so don't think they can be controlled.
    Come on now... Irrefutable Primary Source Citations have been provided on all accounts...

NRA IS GUILTY AS CHARGED...

AND The sooner we 80 million & counting firearm owners learn that the NRA is NOT the only ones looking after our rights, the better off we will be...

Gun Owners of America - "The Only No Compromise Gun Lobby In Washington" - Ron Paul

Gun Owners of America

How long has the NRA backed DIRTY HARRY REID?

TO-DATE - SINCE DAY ONE...

How long has Gun Owners Of America backed DIRTY HARRY REID?
    TO-DATE - NEVER...

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...amendment.html

NUFF-SAID...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Thanks for the explanation HK4U. I'm not much up on all the new terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Come on now... Irrefutable Primary Source Citations have been provided on all accounts...

NRA IS GUILTY AS CHARGED...

AND The sooner we 80 million & counting firearm owners learn that the NRA is NOT the only ones looking after our rights, the better off we will be...

Gun Owners of America - "The Only No Compromise Gun Lobby In Washington" - Ron Paul

Gun Owners of America

How long has the NRA backed DIRTY HARRY REID?

TO-DATE - SINCE DAY ONE...

How long has Gun Owners Of America backed DIRTY HARRY REID?
    TO-DATE - NEVER...

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...amendment.html

NUFF-SAID...
    I guess it depends upon your definition of irrefutable. Are made up references considered irrefutable?

By the way, how many members does the GOA have and how much do they spend lobbying in Washington? I really don't know and would like to know, via some of those irrefutable sources.

JSDinTexas Guest

Harry Reid Statement on Kagan being FOR the 2nd

Harry Ried says he endorses Kagan's installation based on her being for the 2nd - They may really believe what they are saying in DC. in which case the Constitution and this country are toast.

CNSNews.com - Harry Reid Defends Vote to Confirm Kagan on Second Amendment Grounds

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    Here is the response from the NRA on Kagan.
    As far as I am concerned the NRA has sold out - didn't fight hard enough on this - and the statement is BULL!
    When my membership runs out, I think I am done with them.

NRA-ILA :: <P>Statement on Elena Kagan?s Confirmation to the U.S. Supreme Court </P> <P>Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President, National Rifle Association & Chris W. Cox, Executive Director, National Rifle Association-Institute for Legislative Ac

They state: "The nomination and confirmation of two justices with an inherent bias against the Second Amendment is a direct assault on our treasured freedom. The fate of our Second Amendment hangs perilously - by one vote. The need for eternal vigilance on the part of every American has never been greater."

Translation - send more money so we can continue to fight for your 2nd even though we have done little to stop this - BULL!
    Seriously, what is the NRA going to do to stop the government (Congress) from voting this wanna-be in as a judge? The NRA can lobby, but that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    I guess it depends upon your definition of irrefutable. Are made up references considered irrefutable?

By the way, how many members does the GOA have and how much do they spend lobbying in Washington? I really don't know and would like to know, via some of those irrefutable sources.
    Please revisit the links previously provided and pontificate further...

Then IF you still feel the same... Please provide an applicable example(s) of made up references you are referring to...

FYI...

The NRA, SAF, JPFO, GOA all list the number of members they have and the amount of money they spend lobbying in Washington and otherwise; AND its a matter of public record by current U.S. Code...

NRA-ILA ::
    Second Amendment Foundation Online
    Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership - Homepage
    Gun Owners of America

I have discussed this in multiple threads (easily found) that while the NRA currently has some 4 million paying members; more than all others combined...
    There are over 80 million and counting law-abiding U.S. Citizens that are firearm owners; in possession of over 270 million and counting firearms...

Here is the crux of the matter...
    1. Most firearm owners that have done their due diligence research on the record of the NRA sell-outs in regards to the Second Amendment; overwhelming choose to spend their National Second Amendment support dollars with Gun Owners of America; whom according to their record and Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) whom also has a PERFECT record supporting the UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT states they are the "ONLY NO COMPROMISE GUN LOBBY IN WASHINGTON"...
    2. Some 75 million and counting law-abiding firearm owners in this country SUPPORT NO PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT ORGANIZATION...
    3. More of these folks need to STEP UP TO THE PLATE... FREEDOM IS NOT FREE.

I have been a lifetime member of the NRA for decades and they do not give refunds...

I am behind the NRA when they step up to the plate...
    I am adamantly opposed to the NRA when they don't..

To-date the NRA has compromised on the Second Amendment so-many times it makes me sick...

To-date GOA & the JPFO has compromised on the Second Amendment NEVER...

To-date the problem I have with the SAF is ALAN GURA ESQ., whom has on the record in front of the Supreme Court and others conceded what he deems as acceptable Second Amendment Infringements without argument...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Seriously, what is the NRA going to do to stop the government (Congress) from voting this wanna-be in as a judge? The NRA can lobby, but that is all.
    For starters they can stop sending their members emails and cards in the mail saying "THANK HARRY REID" ...
    AND keep their word about OPPOSING SENATOR'S RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGNS THAT HAVE VOTED FOR ANTI-GUN, ANTI-SECOND AMENDMENT GUN BAN OBAMA & COMPANY NOMINEES...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast