NRA Response to Kagan - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NRA Response to Kagan

I just received my renewal in the mail this week from the good folks at the NRA...

Hummmm. I stopped and thought about all the controversy regarding the disclose act and the Harry Reid connection...

Nah, G.O.A. and G.O.A.L. here in MA will get the $$ this time around. I agree that the sell out has been their undoing...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    For starters they can stop sending their members emails and cards in the mail saying "THANK HARRY REID" ...
    AND keep their word about OPPOSING SENATOR'S RE-ELECTION CAMPAIGNS THAT HAVE VOTED FOR ANTI-GUN, ANTI-SECOND AMENDMENT GUN BAN OBAMA & COMPANY NOMINEES...

+1

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Seriously, what is the NRA going to do to stop the government (Congress) from voting this wanna-be in as a judge? The NRA can lobby, but that is all.
    They might start endorsing candidates; send some of the money they make into the campaigns of certain candidates; Take on state level fights about concealed weapons restrictions and conditions; And they might start by changing their name to National Gun Association so people know they mean business.

Hey, I am not an activist and really don't have an answer, but if I have jets to fly around in, millions of dollars sent in by 'members', and a clear following of members advocating the 2nd, I believe I would be able to do more than I have seen them do.

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    They might start endorsing candidates; send some of the money they make into the campaigns of certain candidates; Take on state level fights about concealed weapons restrictions and conditions; And they might start by changing their name to National Gun Association so people know they mean business.

Hey, I am not an activist and really don't have an answer, but if I have jets to fly around in, millions of dollars sent in by 'members', and a clear following of members advocating the 2nd, I believe I would be able to do more than I have seen them do.
    +1

Although, I would like to see them go with "The National Weapons Association" as we have seen too much infringement on non-firearms related weapons as well...
    E.G.: Knives, Swords, Nunchaku, Pretty Much Any Martial Arts Weapon, Billy Clubs, etc...

Anybody remember why Martial Arts weapons were created to begin with?
    Because their governments did not trust them with firearms and/or edged weaponry...

What next? 2x4's? Baseball Bats?

“Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.” - Edmund Burke

Anybody remember Sotomayor & Maloney v. Cuomo?

Maloney v. Cuomo effectively dictates that the Second Amendment does not apply to the states.

"In her Maloney opinion and during the confirmation hearings, she deliberately misread Supreme Court precedent to support her incorrect view," NRA's LaPierre and Cox stated.

In the 2009 case, Sotomayor was on a three-judge panel that issued an unsigned opinion rejecting a defendant's claim that a state ban on nunchakus, a martial arts weapon, violated the man's constitutional rights under the Second Amendment to keep and bear arms. The panel's opinion said, "The Second Amendment applies only to limitations the federal government seeks to impose on this right," rather than to limitations imposed by a state, as was the case here."
    CQ Politics | Legal Beat - NRA Thumbs Down on Judge Over Nunchakus Case

The National Rifle Association said Thursday July 23rd, 2010 it will count the Senate vote to confirm Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor as part of its influential legislative score card on how members of Congress stand on gun rights issues...

Interesting how the NRA & Alan Gura Esq., WERE SILENT in McDonald v. Chicago on Nunchaku, etc...
    http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-1521.pdf

Yet since then in spite of Harry Reid's continued support of 100% of Gun Ban Obama & Companies Anti-Gun, Anti-Second Amendment nominees...
    The NRA Refuses to denounce him and campaign against him and support his opponent whom has a 100% perfect record supporting the Second Amendment...

Even After... Harry Reid Defends HIS Vote to Confirm (Rabidly Anti-Second Amendment) Elena Kagan on Second Amendment Grounds...
    CNSNews.com - Harry Reid Defends Vote to Confirm Kagan on Second Amendment Grounds

"Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." - Tench Coxe 1788

The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

WTFU SHEEPLE !!!

TAKE BACK THE REPUBLIC !!!

REMEMBER, REMEMBER, THE SECOND OF NOVEMBER 2010...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

JSDinTexas Guest
    +1 for you Mr Bohemian

National Weapons Assoc has a ring to it. See you Later ...

This is what I question when I say the sources may not be irrefutable:

Internal Senate emails confirmed by NRA Board Members are highlighting just how far the National Rifle Association has fallen.

This is from Erick Erickson, who is obviously a NRA hater. This source reference means nothing. It usually means "I made this up but I allude to someone important, so you better believe what I say."

I have nothing against the GOA or the other Second Amendment Support organizations. The work that is done by all of them, including the NRA is vital to Americans keeping the right to bear arms. I just don't understand why some have to denigrate other organizations that also support the Second Amendment. Perhaps not all of them act as we would wish, but we certainly don't know all the details as to why they act as they do, so can we really criticize them? I guess we can, but is it helpful to the cause.

I looked over some of the other references, some may be valid, most of them I have seen before and question them. I obviously will not change your attitude towards the NRA, because you must have some deep seated cause to dislike the organization, so I won't even try. All I would hope for is for you to support those organizations you believe will help our cause and not try to run down those who you disagree with, since they all are also working to further the Second Amendment rights in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    This is what I question when I say the sources may not be irrefutable:

Internal Senate emails confirmed by NRA Board Members are highlighting just how far the National Rifle Association has fallen.

This is from Erick Erickson, who is obviously a NRA hater. This source reference means nothing. It usually means "I made this up but I allude to someone important, so you better believe what I say."

I have nothing against the GOA or the other Second Amendment Support organizations. The work that is done by all of them, including the NRA is vital to Americans keeping the right to bear arms. I just don't understand why some have to denigrate other organizations that also support the Second Amendment. Perhaps not all of them act as we would wish, but we certainly don't know all the details as to why they act as they do, so can we really criticize them? I guess we can, but is it helpful to the cause.

I looked over some of the other references, some may be valid, most of them I have seen before and question them. I obviously will not change your attitude towards the NRA, because you must have some deep seated cause to dislike the organization, so I won't even try. All I would hope for is for you to support those organizations you believe will help our cause and not try to run down those who you disagree with, since they all are also working to further the Second Amendment rights in America.
    First of all Erick Erickson is NOT a NRA hater, he supports them when they support the Unabridged Second Amendment and he calls them to the mat when they don't...

Second, the emails are available as a matter of public record, as are the statements by the NRA Board Members that confirmed their validity...

Third, neither the GOA or other Unabridged Second Amendment Supporters are trying to denigrate the NRA to their own betterment...
    They like myself are trying to get the NRA to FINALLY CONSISTENTLY SUPPORT THE UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT...
    AND STOP FLIP-FLOPPING AND WAFFLING ON IT...

So take note there is no attempt by myself or others to run down those that disagree with the UNABRIDGED SUPPORT OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT... (By Their Own Actions)
    Only to hold them accountable for their actions; myself and others that are currently feeling disenfranchised by the NRA would LOVE to get back behind the NRA IF they own up for their mistakes, and FINALLY CONSISTENTLY SUPPORT THE UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT...

Anything less is simply unacceptable...

The Framers put their lives, liberties and fortunes on the line for their principals, why should we shame them by doing or accepting anything less?

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Wink GOA v. The world

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    First of all Erick Erickson is NOT a NRA hater, he supports them when they support the Unabridged Second Amendment and he calls them to the mat when they don't...

Second, the emails are available as a matter of public record, as are the statements by the NRA Board Members that confirmed their validity...

Third, neither the GOA or other Unabridged Second Amendment Supporters are trying to denigrate the NRA to their own betterment...
    They like myself are trying to get the NRA to FINALLY CONSISTENTLY SUPPORT THE UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT...
    AND STOP FLIP-FLOPPING AND WAFFLING ON IT...

So take note there is no attempt by myself or others to run down those that disagree with the UNABRIDGED SUPPORT OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT... (By Their Own Actions)
    Only to hold them accountable for their actions; myself and others that are currently feeling disenfranchised by the NRA would LOVE to get back behind the NRA IF they own up for their mistakes, and FINALLY CONSISTENTLY SUPPORT THE UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT...

Anything less is simply unacceptable...

The Framers put their lives, liberties and fortunes on the line for their principals, why should we shame them by doing or accepting anything less?
    Bohemian, I'm a member of the GOA too, but I'm also a Life Member of the NRA. I also know Erick Erickson is NOT a NRA hater, I also know Mr. Erickson used to sit on the NRA Board of Directors. But then why does Mr. Erickson continue to bad mouth the NRA? And why do some of his "Devote Followers" continue to mouth their agreed upon distain for the very Organization that has actively lobbied and petitioned for our 2nd Amendment rights since 1871! All by themselves, by the way!

Now both you, and quite a few other of Erickson's Boys have spoken your piece on the NRA's Executive Management, don't you think it is about time you turned around and asked yourselves where the GOA was at when the NRA supposedly struck all of these sweet deals with Congress, why wasn't Erick Erickson there too??? I personally believe Erickson can "Talk the Talk" but he has yet to show this member that he can "Walk the Walk".... (P.S.) As you can see in my signature below, I don't list the crybaby GOA!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    Bohemian, I'm a member of the GOA too, but I'm also a Life Member of the NRA. I also know Erick Erickson is NOT a NRA hater, I also know Mr. Erickson used to sit on the NRA Board of Directors. But then why does Mr. Erickson continue to bad mouth the NRA? And why do some of his "Devote Followers" continue to mouth their agreed upon distain for the very Organization that has actively lobbied and petitioned for our 2nd Amendment rights since 1871! All by themselves, by the way!

Now both you, and quite a few other of Erickson's Boys have spoken your piece on the NRA's Executive Management, don't you think it is about time you turned around and asked yourselves where the GOA was at when the NRA supposedly struck all of these sweet deals with Congress, why wasn't Erick Erickson there too??? I personally believe Erickson can "Talk the Talk" but he has yet to show this member that he can "Walk the Walk".... (P.S.) As you can see in my signature below, I don't list the crybaby GOA!

Ed, spending a few minutes watching the news and on Gun Owners of America's site, will tell you exacly what Gun Owners of America was doing while the NRA was cutting back room deals with the likes of Chucky Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and Dirty Harry Reid...
    Not withstanding perusing Erick Erickson's site and numerous interviews on virtually every major news network; including CNN & Fox...

Frankly, I think calling the "Only No Compromise Gun Lobby In Washington" Cry Babies is pretty fricking ridiculous, while the NRA's sell-outs are many and the GOA Sell-Outs are NONE...

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...amendment.html

The NRA Supported the National Firearms Act of 1934, In fact, they've supported gun rights infringements "since...1871."
    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/infor...em.asp?ID=3247

"The National Rifle Association has been in support of workable, enforceable gun control legislation since its very inception in 1871."
    —NRA Executive Vice President Franklin L. Orth
    NRA's American Rifleman Magazine, March 1968, P. 22

I have been done for years...too many bad decisions.
    VietNam Vet...Vets Helping Vets

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast