Supreme Court Upholds 'Birther' Sanction - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds 'Birther' Sanction

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyp View Post
    He swallows.
    jonnyp, you seem to be a man of few words, but what you do have to say is spot on.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    I still wonder how this whole "birther" issue came into play to begin with. It doesn't make much sense.

One would think that Democratic competitors would have raised this issue to keep him from running for office.
    One would think that Republican candidates would have raised the issue before the election started.

Why would both parties let someone ineligible to run for office get to square one?
    Can't say on the Democrats but they (and the GOP) sometimes run short of decent candidates (not that he was one IMO). Kerry? Dukakis? Really?

As for the GOP - I really think they were afraid to get to agressive against Obama, for fear of being called racists or something. It boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    Why would both parties let someone ineligible to run for office get to square one?
    Of course they wouldn't, it's too obvious. But it makes an intriguing bit of FUD to rile up the masses with. There alot of people out there lacking the capacity to understand complex issues, easily swayed by bigotry and other lower motivations.

The other side of this coin demonstrates precisely how Obama DID get elected. The democratic voter base is somewhat different than the republicans in a few key areas.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Can't say on the Democrats but they (and the GOP) sometimes run short of decent candidates (not that he was one IMO). Kerry? Dukakis? Really?

As for the GOP - I really think they were afraid to get to agressive against Obama, for fear of being called racists or something. It boggles the mind.
    That is one of the biggest problems the GOP has had for the last 30yrs. Reagan was the last true GOP politician that had any stones.

However, I do think times may be changing. We are begining to see a few glimers of hope during this election cycle. But, only time will tell "IF" the GOP canidates that are elected will also be willing to stand strong in office.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    That is one of the biggest problems the GOP has had for the last 30yrs. Reagan was the last true GOP politician that had any stones.

However, I do think times may be changing. We are beginning to see a few glimmers of hope during this election cycle. But, only time will tell "IF" the GOP candidates that are elected will also be willing to stand strong in office.
    Being a fellow student of Tench Coxe I am saddened to say...

Sorry my friend on THIS issue we are not on the same page...

Ronald Reagan was a committed GUN BANNER
    and no amount of good can over come that trampling of the Constitution and the Second Amendment...
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/polit...raise-b-s.html

In recent history as near as I can tell... Alan Keyes, Ron & Rand Paul, Mike Huckabee, and Sarah Palin are the most Constitutionally Conservative individuals whose actions & words match their records; AND whom may be Presidential Candidates in the future...

The last Constitutionally Conservative President we had in my view was Grover Cleveland ...

NO WE DO NOT NEED SOMEBODY LIKE RONALD REAGAN AGAIN...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Yeah, how does this guy, who is snide, sarcastic, rude, and inflammatory, manage to stay on this site? I look around and see all these people being banned, and I keep wondering how he manages to stay under the radar?

One of life's little mysteries, I guess.
    Haven't figured that one out either... Two members who think they are smarter than everybody else turn a site on it's ear. They are leaving bodies in their wake!! I use to love this site. It's too bad, the situation could have been rectified long ago...

The end

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post

However, I do think times may be changing. We are begining to see a few glimers of hope during this election cycle. But, only time will tell \"IF\" the GOP canidates that are elected will also be willing to stand strong in office.
    cough cough cough
    RR was an actor. He read his lines so carefully.

Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance
    You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue
    Then came act two, you seemed to change and you acted strange
    And why I\'ll never know

This is the end of this birther biznez

say no mo

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Haven't figured that one out either...
    Eventually it gets too deep and it finally comes time to drain the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Being a fellow student of Tench Coxe I am saddened to say...

Sorry my friend on THIS issue we are not on the same page...

Ronald Reagan was a committed GUN BANNER and no amount of good can over come that trampling of the Constitution and the Second Amendment...
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/polit...raise-b-s.html

In recent history as near as I can tell... Alan Keyes, Ron & Rand Paul, Mike Huckabee, and Sarah Palin are the most Constitutionally Conservative individuals whose actions & words match their records; AND whom may be Presidential Candidates in the future...

The last Constitutionally Conservative President we had in my view was Grover Cleveland ...

NO WE DO NOT NEED SOMEBODY LIKE RONALD REAGAN AGAIN...
    No problem Bo..
    You have educated me a great deal here and I really appreciate that.

I also had my differences with RR, Bush41 and Bush43; and we do NOT need anyone "like" them. But, we do drastically need someone in the GOP to stand up; and not be afraid of a few leftist loudmouths.

I agree completely with your assessment of those "Constitutionally" conservative canidates. I just hope that once some of these people are in office, they will stick to the promises/platform that got them elected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123