Target And Best Buy Need Help

Thread: Target And Best Buy Need Help

Target And Best Buy Need Help

Target and Best Buy stores are undergoing a large boycott effort because they backed a conservative governor who is against gay marriage. Maybe the word should get out that not everyone is for a boycott.

Shareholders weigh in on Target and Best Buy’s political giving - Yahoo! News

It's spelled "CORPORATE HYPOCRISY".

They have corporate policies of equality for non-heterosexual employees, and then drop the cost of three of those employees' salary and benefits packages into the campaign coffers of Tom Emmer, who opposes such equality. They tried to insulate themselves by donating to his PAC, but in the Internet age, they had no right to expect that that would work.

I would hope that this debacle resonates loudly and long. If you want to be a good corporate citizen, and manipulate the electoral process at the same time, you have to insure you're not promoting policies and politicians who are going to piss off your customer base.

I hope Target's and Best Buy's bottom lines are hurt far worse than the $150,000, or however much it actually is, that they are out.

This is also why I'm against even allowing corporate "persons" to participate in the political process. If it's a PAC or a SIG whose only participation in the economic sphere is membership-oriented and not commerce-oriented (JPFO, GOA, NRA, etc.) then fine, but if you have a merchandise and/or service business from which you can draw immeasurable wealth to influence the electorate, then no. Stay out of politics and, literally, mind our own business.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

No sympathy for Best Buy here! I used to buy my computers, electronics and appliances there, but no more. When they
    stopped even acknowledging Christmas in any way (2 years ago I believe) and then started putting holiday greetings for
    the Muslim holiday of Ied (Spelling?) (last year) then that is when I decided not to give them any more of my money. When
    86% of Americans profess to be some sort of Christian and a company ignores that fact in favor of any other religion then
    I have no use for that company or organization and refuse to support it in any way. I wouldn't even have a problem with
    them acknowledging the Muslim holiday, Jewish holiday or Happy Atheist Day, just as long as they treat them all equally as
    well as Christmas.
    Kill them all and let God sort them out!

I believe it's spelled Eid, and pronounced [eed].

Eid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And it doesn't really mean anything. It's Arabic for, essentially "Holiday". The Eid/Holiday of this. the Eid/Holiday of that.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

I stopped shopping at Target when they kicked the Salvation Army out.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

If you read through the post, you come up with "no matter what a corporation does, it's going to piss somebody off!!!". They are usually responding to one group by taking an action, which in turn pisses off another group, and so it goes...
    It's a free country, shop where you like, Don't shop where you don't like.. Companies have the right to support causes just like anyone else, and that has consequences.. SO long as they are good with the consequences, then they should GO FOR IT!!

At least the people on this thread are NOT the average Apathetic Americans that don't have ANY clue what is going on.... I may agree with you, or NOT, but at least you have a clue and are willing to support your beliefs with your $$$.. But just like the corporations, the way you choose to spend your $$$$ (Maybe with less leverage) also has consequences.. Don't be surprised where we are in another 20-50 years... When Good is called bad, and bad is called good and there doesn't seem to be any good answers available.. We are already a good ways down THAT road.. IMHO.. Don't get me wrong.. I'm not overly nostalgic about the past neither!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I stopped shopping at Target when they kicked the Salvation Army out.
    I don't like Target due to many negative experiences in their stores, though I do appreciate any company that keeps the irritating bell ringers from interfering with my shopping experience. There are many places where the bell ringers have become overly aggressive.

gf
    Last edited by Glock Fan; 08-23-2010 at 04:45 AM. Reason: speeling correction
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by OUTTAHERE View Post
    No sympathy for Best Buy here! I used to buy my computers, electronics and appliances there, but no more. When they
    stopped even acknowledging Christmas in any way (2 years ago I believe) and then started putting holiday greetings for
    the Muslim holiday of Ied (Spelling?) (last year) then that is when I decided not to give them any more of my money. When
    86% of Americans profess to be some sort of Christian and a company ignores that fact in favor of any other religion then
    I have no use for that company or organization and refuse to support it in any way. I wouldn't even have a problem with
    them acknowledging the Muslim holiday, Jewish holiday or Happy Atheist Day, just as long as they treat them all equally as
    well as Christmas.
    I think best buy's motto is "if you don't pray in our stores, we won't sell computers and refrigerators in your church...."