There Goes The 4th Amendment... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There Goes The 4th Amendment...

1. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    private property and an expectation of privacy are entirely different. Hard to have an intelligent conversation about the issues if you don't understand the basics.
    You seem to have the market cornered on intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by concrete guy View Post
    You seem to have the market cornered on intelligence.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Another giant step toward the big brother state. Little by little the constitution is shreaded and what is frighting is how anyone can think this is o.k.
    I agree with you 100%. If they were going to do that before, you would have known about it because of getting served. Now, you would not even know. Little by little. Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I agree with you 100%. If they were going to do that before, you would have known about it because of getting served. Now, you would not even know. Little by little. Bastards.
    You would not "be served" even if a judge had to approve the installation of the gps. Same as a phone tap - you don't get served with a notice stating "we are going to tap your phone."

So even if a judge had to approve of the use of the gps before it could be used, the target would not know it had been approved.

The guys lawyer must have sucked. Being in the area pot was being grown was circumstantial no matter how many times. I don't even spit on the sidewalk and I have 4 camera night vision security recording 24/7 on my front yard alone. If I was a drug dealer I'd have a laser trip wire too, and a pair of big dogs to let out the door.

I believe even a half wit lawyer could get this thrown out because it is a drug case. If it were gun related it could possibly fall under some section of the Patriot Act. Ya, the Patriot act that Obama and Hillary both said they would abolish the day they took office. That one.

I think the cops screwed up on this one. Has anyone seen this work for them before?
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    You would not "be served" even if a judge had to approve the installation of the gps. Same as a phone tap - you don't get served with a notice stating "we are going to tap your phone."

So even if a judge had to approve of the use of the gps before it could be used, the target would not know it had been approved.
    Yea, if you see them putting the thing on your car and ask why, then they hand you the paper you would know why.

Let me see if I understand the discussion. It is not bad that the GPS tracker was placed on the car in the first place, just that the police came on his driveway to place it on his car. How does anyone know they came on his driveway to place the tracker. Would it be OK if it was placed on his car while it was parked in, say a restaurant parking lot while Joe Druggie Dealer was in the restaurant eating?

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Yea, if you see them putting the thing on your car and ask why, then they hand you the paper you would know why.
    I worked on cases in which we had bugs in the bathrooms and bedrooms of local wanna-be mobsters and corrupt politicians. Putting a gps on a car without getting caught by the owner could be done by a 12-year old.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12