Quotes from founding fathers

Thread: Quotes from founding fathers

Quotes from founding fathers

this is so true

"Whoever said that the founding fathers didn't think that all citizens should have guns is living in their own little world".

"The right of a citizen to bear arms, in lawful defense of himself or the State, is absolute. He does not derive it from the State government. It is one of the "high powers" delegated directly to the citizen, and `is excepted out of the general powers of government.' A law cannot be passed to infringe upon or impair it, because it is above the law, and independent of the lawmaking power." [Cockrum v. State, 24 Tex. 394, at 401-402 (1859)]

http://www.godseesyou.com/2nd_amendment_quotes.html
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 02-12-2008 at 05:53 AM.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

There are plenty of writtings that prove that the founding fathers ment the 2nd amendment as an individual right. I think most of the liberals understand this unless they just can't read. It is not that they don't get it it is that they don't want it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

This does not mean a thing in the new world order.Founding fathers are all gone and this is a new age. The age of peace. At all costs.Hold on folks its getting bumpy.

A few more.

And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms;…" Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789 quoting Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State by the Honorable Samuel Adams, Esquire

The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed;..." Thomas Jefferson letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. 1824. ME 16:45.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms has been recognized by the General Government; but the best security of that right after all is, the military spirit, that taste for martial exercises, which has always distinguished the free citizens of these States … Such men form the best barrier to the liberties of America." Gazette of the United States, October 14, 1789

"The congress of the United States possesses no power to regulate, or interfere with the domestic concerns, or police of any state: it belongs not to them to establish any rules respecting the rights of property; nor will the constitution permit any prohibition of arms to the people;…" Saint George Tucker, Blackstone's Commentaries (1803), Volume 1, Appendix, Note D [Section 13: Restraints on Powers of Congress con't]. Whole Book

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." Thomas Jefferson, Proposed Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334 (Julian P. Boyd, Ed., 1950). See more discussion on this quote HERE.

"As civil rulers, not having their duty to the people duly before them, may attempt to tyrannize, and as the military forces which must be occasionally raised to defend our country, might pervert their power to the injury of their fellow citizens, the people are confirmed by the article in their right to keep and bear their private arms." Tench Coxe in "Remarks on the First Part of the Amendments to the Federal Constitution." Under the pseudonym "A Pennsylvanian" in the Philadelphia Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789 at 2 col. 1. Coxe sent a copy of his essay to James Madison along with a letter of the same date. Madison wrote back and the quote follows.

"Accept my acknowledgments for your favor of the 18th. instant. The printed remarks inclosed in it are already I find in the Gazettes here [New York] ... The amendments ... will however be greatly favored by explanatory strictures of a healing tendency, and is therefore already indebted to the co-operation of your pen." James Madison in a response letter to Tench Coxe above supporting the interpretation of the Second Amendment as an individual right.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms;…" Samuel Adams, Debates & Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (February 6, 1788).

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops…" Noah Webster, "An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution" (1787) in Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States (P. Ford, 1888)

To disarm the people [is] the best and most effectual way to enslave them …" George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380 (June 14, 1788).

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation,... in the several kingdoms of Europe,... the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison, The Federalist Papers # 46.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

That's a great link.
    I agree,the liberal politicians know and understand the Constitution.What I have a hard time understanding,is that there are enough ignorant,and/or stupid people in this country who will keep voting these m$&#($&)#rs in.Are there that many people who do not have access to information or are too lazy or stupid to find out,or even listen when it is breastfed to them?!
    Sorry,I got carried away.But you get my point.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Brainchild View Post
    That's a great link.
    I agree,the liberal politicians know and understand the Constitution.What I have a hard time understanding,is that there are enough ignorant,and/or stupid people in this country who will keep voting these m$&#($&)#rs in.Are there that many people who do not have access to information or are too lazy or stupid to find out,or even listen when it is breastfed to them?!
    Sorry,I got carried away.But you get my point.

To many years of brain washing by the public school system.

I just don't understand how people can still be so stupid and not put 2 and 2 together. there are FAR MORE good people than bad people. bad guys are going to get guns reguardless of laws or even background checks.

bad guys having more guns than good guys = BAD
    good guys having more guns than bad guys =GOOD

how can people not understand that? it can't be more basic...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!