Should citizen militias secure our border? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Should citizen militias secure our border?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

42 72.41%
  • NO

12 20.69%
  • UNDECIDED

4 6.90%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should citizen militias secure our border?

Cool

At one time, 15 women with PMS could have stopped a lot of the problems along the border. Now it isn't quite the same. The Los Zetas have organized as a paramilitary group and will be a formidable force even for a regular military unit. I believe we should be able to do something to protect our families and homes but it will have to be a well planned operation and not a disorganized mob. When the bullets start flying there is no time for bluster and chest beating. It will be for real. As it stands, there can be no hope that the government will do anything but punish those who stand up. Ain't that a *****? If we don't get some real leaders soon, all this will be a moot point. Puede hablar Espanol?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
    Samuel Adams
    Exactly... +1
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Allowing volunteers who own property along the border to be trained and become active in defense of themselves and others is akin to having neighborhood watch groups in action.
    Nobody's stopping anybody from doing the neighborhood watch thing. Nobody is disallowing anybody from any type of training. Civil defense activiy on the part of landowners along the border has reached a fever pitch lately.

Did you recently crawl out from under a rock somewhere?

Or just a littel hysterical, as usual?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Nobody's stopping anybody from doing the neighborhood watch thing. Nobody is disallowing anybody from any type of training. Civil defense activiy on the part of landowners along the border has reached a fever pitch lately.

Did you recently crawl out from under a rock somewhere?

Or just a littel hysterical, as usual?
    I like the comfort of the rock over my head. It keeps me real... Or there is always the garbage can. Ahhhh comfort...

The question was asked; "Should citizen militias secure our borders?" I offered my opinion to support my answer of "Yes". Forming militias with the intent of providing security along the border regions for those who don't have the means to secure their own property (elderly, physically unable etc.) is a great idea..

Really simple I think. Perhaps the hysteria is on your part? I guess it's the usual reaction for you when reading one of my posts, since I do tend to blast you for that annoying lackadaisical liberal streak you lend to your posts. I don't as a general rule, get hysterical. Mine is usually anger. I'm self aware.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I like the comfort of the rock over my head. It keeps me real... Or there is always the garbage can. Ahhhh comfort...

The question was asked; "Should citizen militias secure our borders?" I offered my opinion to support my answer of "Yes". Forming militias with the intent of providing security along the border regions for those who don't have the means to secure their own property (elderly, physically unable etc.) is a great idea..

Really simple I think. Perhaps the hysteria is on your part? I guess it's the usual reaction for you when reading one of my posts, since I do tend to blast you for that annoying lackadaisical liberal streak you lend to your posts. I don't as a general rule, get hysterical. Mine is usually anger. I'm self aware.
    Good answer.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Actually... the neighborhood watch thing isn't that easy down there.

16 illegals sue Arizona rancher - Washington Times
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Cool 16 Illegals Sue.....

The article about illegal immigrants suing the Arizona landowner is just another indicator of our government failing to protect us while giving preferential treatment to illegals. The 16 people said their civil rights were violated. As far as I am concerned, their civil rights ended when they entered the U.S. If they want their civil rights, let them go home and get them there. If they come here legally, then they are entitled to the same civil rights as we are. Mr. Barnett has turned over 12,000+ illegals to the Border Patrol in 12 years. Rather than being sued, he should be commended. He has a large pair of cajones to be out in the desert with only his pistol, rifle and dog. My hat is off to him and all others like him. I just hope he doesn't become a target because of his activities.

Illegal Immigrants

Illegal Immigrants Let's take a look at the title again. Illegal= Against the law. Immigrants= People who have migrated here to the U.S.A. or another country legally Most everyone seems to forget the Illegal part of this situation. Time to secure the border now by any means possible, and as far as the rancher I think he has every right to protect his property. He is not the Illegal here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    The article about illegal immigrants suing the Arizona landowner is just another indicator of our government failing to protect us while giving preferential treatment to illegals. The 16 people said their civil rights were violated. As far as I am concerned, their civil rights ended when they entered the U.S. If they want their civil rights, let them go home and get them there. If they come here legally, then they are entitled to the same civil rights as we are. Mr. Barnett has turned over 12,000+ illegals to the Border Patrol in 12 years. Rather than being sued, he should be commended. He has a large pair of cajones to be out in the desert with only his pistol, rifle and dog. My hat is off to him and all others like him. I just hope he doesn't become a target because of his activities.
    +1 and yes he'll become the target of the press, government, and all other liberals.

Arrow Illegal Aliens are all criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    Illegal Immigrants Let's take a look at the title again. Illegal= Against the law. Immigrants= People who have migrated here to the U.S.A. or another country legally Most everyone seems to forget the Illegal part of this situation. Time to secure the border now by any means possible, and as far as the rancher I think he has every right to protect his property. He is not the Illegal here!!
    It's illegal to enter the sovereign teritory of the United States of America without either being a U.S. Citizen, or processing a Visa autherizing the individual to enter the United States. Simply put, these people are criminals!!! Is this realy that hard of a concept to grasp?!?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast