Should citizen militias secure our border?

View Poll Results: Should citizen militias secure our border?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

42 72.41%
  • NO

12 20.69%
  • UNDECIDED

4 6.90%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should citizen militias secure our border?

Should citizen militias secure our border?

You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

I vote YES!

If Texas and AZ call up state NG troops and citizen militias, it will garner a response from the Feds.

IMHO;
    AZ and Texas needs to send an ultimatum to DC: "Mr. President, you either protect us or we WILL protect ourselves!"

States along the border are "in fact" being invaded; AND a state has the "constitutional" right to protect itself when the federal government will NOT!

It is quite obvious that this administration is going to do NOTHING substantial to protect our citizens along the border.

The bottom line is: It is up to us as citizens to protect ourselves.

Amazing. How precisely and exactly you gathered and printed my thoughts. How I see it unfolding would be that Obama would send troops to the border to stop the militias, and would then be unable to put the tooth paste back in the tube. Border sealed.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

I voted NO. i worked on the border as a military member of the last operation under Bush. Too dangerous without training about the terrain, animals in the area, and lack of intel and ability to speak spanish.

Plus who knows what kind of nut cases will show up (along with th elevel headed folk) just to shoot somebody.

Plus Mexican Border patrol and the local Mexican PD is paid by all the human traffickers and drug smugglers. They patrol the border to give intel to the smugglers. Armed encounters would be very likely.

Utilize the Air and Army National Guards as they did a great job last time even though their hands were tied to a certain extent.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

6. I voted undecided. My feeling is they shouldn't have to. BUT, in absence of any other available options, it is necessary for The People (have your read the 10th Amendment lately, it does give The People legal power under the Constitution) to do what must be done.

I owuld prefer those whose job it is to secure the border be allowed and encouraged to do so. Barring that, I would prefer some sort of official sanction from the local or state government to operate (maybe a letter of marque???).
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I voted "yes" with the stipulation that any "militia member" showing up provide some proof of defensive/tactical training. And I don't mean that which qualifies them for a CWP. There are plenty of seriously-trained "We the People" out there who could, with appropriate oversight and coordination, man the perimeter..
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

8. My vote was no! I don't believe that we should relieve the US government of it's responsibility to protect us. The feds have an obligation that citizens must demand be fullfilled. Taking federal law into private hands is anarchy. Self protection is a given. Homeland protection is a service that must be federally provided. To think that citizen militias can do the federal job is plain foolishness.

9. Hello...and Citizen Militia on our borders.

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude and honor to be a member of USA Carry. I am a Life NRA Member, member of the WSRPA, the USCCA, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Again I am honored to be able to view and post to this forum about issues relating to firearms and our freedoms and rights. Thanks to all of you who I am sure have such a wealth of experience on such issues. I hope my thoughts and reflections will be welcomed.
    Regarding the citizen militia on our borders, what else can we do. It is very obvious that the Obama Administration does not place a very high priority on the immigration issue. As we all know, the Federal Govt. is entrusted with guarding our borders by the Constitution. They seem impotent/unable to do this. Or have no desire to. Our nation is also entrusted to each of us. What the government cannot/will not do we must. We are the last line of defense of America. If it comes to the point that this would be necessary, and God knows I hope it never does, I would go rather than sit home. We must elect leaders that take the responsibility of securing our borders seriously, rather than our current leaders (and I use that term loosely).
    Last edited by lukem; 11-28-2010 at 07:01 PM.

My 2 cents-YES. The Feds have left us no other choice. They (ALL over the Years) have refused to properly fund this closure. They have NOT met their oath of office. "To Protect and Defend" BY law they are required, by statue the are obliged to and the whole arm of Gov't devoted to our Boarders is negligent in enforcing Laws. In other words they are aiding and abetting criminal activity. ( I'm sure the pin stripes will be visiting me some day)
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

undicided I think the only one that can protect the Border is the Gov, but I do think a Rancher should have the right to protect his property and family, if he has 100 armed citizens helping him, so be it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast