Attempt at Ammo Ban (Ammo Serialization) in Arizona!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attempt at Ammo Ban (Ammo Serialization) in Arizona!

1. Attempt at Ammo Ban (Ammo Serialization) in Arizona!

My Blog: Dustin's Gun Blog

Memberships: NRA USCCA SAF GOA AZCDL NWSA

According to the National Safety Council, we are more likely to die in a bicycle accident or plane crash than an accidental gun shooting. We should ban bicycles & planes before banning guns.

I thought the proposed Hawaii law was bad. The AZ version includes a serial number on the inside of the casing as well. This will be a very interesting piece of legislation to follow. I would like to know how they plan to put a serial number on the "projectile" in a .410 shot shell loaded with #7 bird shot. :D

What are these folks thinking..... :(

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Arizona Ammo Serialization Bill

I live in Arizona and emailed my state Senator and Representatives urging them to oppose the the Bill. I have already heard from one of them, Steven B. Yarbrough, advising me that he is definitely opposed to the Bill. I believe that they all will concur. You might get away with something like this in California but not here in Arizona. The Bill was introduced by a dyed-in-the-wool liberal Democrat Martha Garcia. This absurdly Draconian measure may appeal to some screaming libs but it's so outrageous that it's laughable! I urge all of you in Arizona to email your State Senator and Representative and urge them to oppose this Bill.
    MOLON LABE

echo_5 Guest

Angry ulterior motives.....

I think the objective of the anti-2A movement is to price us out of ammunition. Since they will never be able to completely ban all types of firearms, I think their objective is to make each bullet cost $3.00! They don't care that etching each casing/projectile with a serial number will not solve or reduce crime. This really pisses me off!
    Last edited by echo_5; 02-13-2008 at 09:51 PM.

Hopefully ammo manufactures will tell them what they can do with these off the wall ideas! Can you imagine the cost factor for a manufacture just tooling up to do this?
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Price of ammo

Quote Originally Posted by echo_5 View Post
    I think the objective of the anti-2A movement is to price us out of ammunition. Since they will never be able to completely ban all types of firearms, I think their objective is to make each bullet cost $3.00! They don't care that etching each casing/projectile with a serial number will not solve or reduce crime. This really pisses me off!

+1. I think you may be right. There used to be a saying when I was a kid, "There is more than one way to skin a cat".
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Not just AZ

This same proposal, just showed up on the Illinois State floor....

I know, I know... no surprise there. The big difference is I can't see this happening in AZ, but IL is a totally different can of worms.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

The issue here in Hawaii was killed in the House of representatives. There was excessive testimony in "opposition" and only one in "favor". The only testimony in "favor" was from the company that makes a machine that will accomplish the task. (Surprise, surprise). The attorney general and a few important LEO folks opposed the bill. I visited the representative that introduced the bill with a film canister of #7 bird shot and a photograph of a .410 shot shell along with a photo of the handgun that fires the .410 shot shell. I asked the guy how he proposes to mark the 100s' of #7 bird shot pellets. He told me that the manufacturer of the machine assured him that they could etch every projectile on the market. He wouldn't give me any more info. I sure would like to talk to these geniuses.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

There has been so many different bills come up in different state about firing pins micro stamped, ammo with serial numbers, Ammo registered to the buy, ect. Like I mentioned in the past, one trip to the range and I come home with a bag full of brass, most all of mine and anyone else’s that has left it behind. Not only that but you don't watch were your brass goes while you are shooting and we all know it can bounce, deflect, kicked, picked up, ect. Now someone else can have brass registered to us.

One other thing to think about, if a law like that passes it'll hurt both the ranges that get paid for spent brass and the recyclers that buy it. I know I wouldn't want to leave any of my brass lying around.

We should bring the "recycling" aspect up to the "green" law makers. They want us to recycle, but legislation like this will force me to secure all of my spent brass and destroy it for my protection. There's places that shred paper. Maybe a new business idea. A couple of guys hit the ranges and folks give them the spent brass, which goes directly into some type of shredding device. :D

Seriously, we all need to get together and let the lawmakers know how we feel.

gf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast