Don't Know If I Can Believe Him - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Know If I Can Believe Him

Quote Originally Posted by rabywk View Post
    Well I have to say if it is Rudy vs Hillary or Obama, I would have to vote for Rudy. I can't say I would like it, but you would have to pick the least of all evils and I think he would be it.
    I certainly respect your opinions but I just couldn't do it. Rudy's stance on life issues is one that I will just not support, ever.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. In 2004 I voted for the Constitutional Party candidate and if Rudy or any other pro-choice, anti-gun RINO gets the nomination I'll do the same in 2008.

3. Talking Typical Politician

The picture says it all.
    If his lips are moving don't trust him.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    The conservative wing of the Republican Party is all but dead anymore. There are at least two unquestioningly conservative candidates, Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo, and a couple of others with only a couple of questions surrounding their conservatism, Fred Thompson and Mike Huckabee, and yet Rudy and Mitt are getting the limelight. I don't get it.

Personally, I would never vote for Rudy or Romney unless the Democratic alternative was so repulsive and dangerous that I could see their presidency destroying this country. Well, I can foresee that with almost any Dem candidate, and especially the presumed front-runner, so my decision will be either vote for Rudy or Romney or sit out the election and allow Hillary or Obama to slide in there unopposed by me. Tough choice. I haven't made it yet.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Personally, I would never vote for Rudy or Romney unless the Democratic alternative was so repulsive and dangerous that I could see their presidency destroying this country. Well, I can foresee that with almost any Dem candidate, and especially the presumed front-runner, so my decision will be either vote for Rudy or Romney or sit out the election and allow Hillary or Obama to slide in there unopposed by me. Tough choice. I haven't made it yet.

Blues
    Well how things are going the Dems are going to be putting up Hillary or Obama for their person, so it all falls to the Reps on how they play this out. I can't sit on the side lines and use the "Well I didn't vote for them, so it is not my fault" thing. If it comes down to Rudy or the other I will have to vote for Rudy and only hope that the Reps. in the Senate and House keeps him in check.

Obama has already shown that he is anti and so has Hillary. So what do we do because staying away from the voting booth is not really an option.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

6. ross perot was the only reason that the clintons ever made it to the whitehouse.lets not make that mistake again!!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Obama has already shown that he is anti and so has Hillary.
    And so has Rudy.

Like someone else has already said, voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. That's the question for me, is it really a "lesser" evil as far as 2nd Amendment issues go to vote for a Giuliani, or is it an *equal* evil? Considering his track record in that regard, I don't see any difference at all, except the contortions he's going through presently to convince the unthinking masses and party-loyalists-at-any-cost that they should pay no attention to said track record.

With that in mind, sitting out the election if it's between the Devil I know and the Devil I don't know is indeed an option. Not a good option. Not one I have already made up my mind about, but an option that's on the table nonetheless.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    With that in mind, sitting out the election if it's between the Devil I know and the Devil I don't know is indeed an option. Not a good option. Not one I have already made up my mind about, but an option that's on the table nonetheless.

Blues
    Please don't just not vote. I voted for the only true conservative party in the 2004 election, the Constitution Party. Do they have a chance of winning a national election? Of course not, not yet at least. However, the Republican party knows that 100% of the votes that the CP gets would be votes for the GOP if they would return to being conservative.

Send the GOP a message and vote for true conservatives only. This is their entire platform. Their stance on gun control is below.

Gun Control

The right to bear arms is inherent in the right of self defense, defense of the family, and defense against tyranny, conferred on the individual and the community by our Creator to safeguard life, liberty, and property, as well as to help preserve the independence of the nation.

The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the Constitution; it may not properly be infringed upon or denied.

The Constitution Party upholds the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms. We oppose attempts to prohibit ownership of guns by law-abiding citizens, and stand against all laws which would require the registration of guns or ammunition.

We emphasize that when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have them. In such circumstances, the peaceful citizen's protection against the criminal would be seriously jeopardized.

We call for the repeal of all federal firearms legislation, beginning with Federal Firearms Act of 1968.

We call for the rescinding of all executive orders, the prohibition of any future executive orders, and the prohibition of treaty ratification which would in any way limit the right to keep and bear arms.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070925/...OlI6SwktOs0NUE

On the Second Amendment, Giuliani has said the right to bear arms applies to militias, but he also said recently that it applies to individuals, as addressed by the federal court ruling.
    What part of "... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" do gun grabbers such as Giuliani not understand? I certainly don't believe he is a friend to gun owners. Don't we all remember 3 years ago when John Kerry "affirmed" his belief in 2A, saying he had been a hunter all is life? What a crock. After the passage of the assault weapons ban in 1994 and subsequent Democratic losses in Congress, I believe that anti gun politicians from both parties have figured out that endorsing gun control is a losing proposition, and that they have a better chance of gaining votes if they spin their positions in a way that makes it seem as if they won't restrict gun rights. I know better, however. My vote is for Ron Paul.

10. Even though he shed his skin he is still a snake...Never trust him...

11. I don't understand why everyone thinks it's ok to vote a former mayor into presidential office. He was a MAYOR! What qualifies him to lead this country?

I am however for shooting him out of a cannon.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast