Don't Know If I Can Believe Him - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Don't Know If I Can Believe Him

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post

Huckabee Continues to Make Impressive Gains in Polls, Ahead of McCain, Level with Thompson in Iowa
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../1907103/posts

Mike Huckabee is the Republican Iowans Have Been Waiting For
    http://www.election2008polls.com/art...g-in-iowa.html
    Dude, I like that Free Republic website... it's the first time I been to it (bookmarked it). However the other site "electionpolls2008" pretty much says to some degree what I have been saying, which is- Huckabee is not electable. Not becuase he is not a fabulous candidate but because ... well heres the article you sent us to-

Mike Huckabee is the Republican Iowans Have Been Waiting For

8/18/07
    Summary: Mike Huckabee has a bump in post-debate polls then drops back down after voters question his viability. With Huckabee's strong second place performance at the Ames Straw Poll, his viability will no longer be questioned by Iowa voters. Look for a surge in the upcoming polls.

Empirical Observations Suggest Voters Want Huckabee But Unsure if He Can Win

There is no doubt in our minds that Mike Huckabee is fighting against the "He can't win" label. Just look at his poll numbers, they go up whenver he is in the national spotlight (i.e. after a debate) but then they come right back down.
    The reasons poll numbers drop for a lower tiered candidate like Huckabee is because people see that he is behind Romney, Giuliani, McCain, F. Thompson. His lower tiered status and aura of "can't win" precludes them from voting for him even though they may want to. This phenomenon leads to an up and down roller coaster ride to his poll numbers where voters want to vote him in but then change their minds after seeing disappointing poll numbers.
    We understand the polling methods
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People will be coming out of the woodwork just to vote against Billary...

She scares the crap out of people...
    So you are pretty confident that the GOP has got 2008 locked up.

Because if its not Billary then it is Osama Obama and I am one brother that not voting for that one.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

should have read further...
    Huckabee and Ron Paul soared above all expectations and are on the way up...

There is no doubt in our minds that Mike Huckabee is fighting against the "He can't win" label. Just look at his poll numbers, they go up whenever he is in the national spotlight...

I like Mike
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/

should have read further...
    Huckabee and Ron Paul soared above all expectations and are on the way up...

There is no doubt in our minds that Mike Huckabee is fighting against the "He can't win" label. Just look at his poll numbers, they go up whenever he is in the national spotlight...

I like Mike
    OK Boh Bro, I am gonna run with ya up to the primaries and keep a close eye on your guy Mike. I am still pretty Pro-FRED but I need to give Mike a real good lchance and ook see... hows that for narrowing down the scope of candidates we should be working together on. But how about you coming a bit closer too FRED with me... come now you don't really believe he is a "sell out" do ya?

However, Ron Paul...absolutely NO FRIGGIN WAY! He has got issues in other areas that I simply can't git wit.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by doublenutz View Post
    So you are pretty confident that the GOP has got 2008 locked up.
    lets see Barack Obama bio; my 18 months in politics as a Jr. Senator...
    I supported prosecution of citizens whom shot robbers in their homes...

I have no doubt that Hillary will win her parties nomination...

And body two steps to the right of Hillary on policy will blow her out of the water...

The left can not even keep a radio station on the air, no listeners = no sponsors; their diatribe has nearly run its course, their base is floundering and they know it...

People are finally beginning to see them for what they are...

We must stand behind the strong proven conservative that is Mike Huckabee...
    I Like Mike:
    Last edited by Bohemian; 10-06-2007 at 11:31 AM.

On Ron Paul, I would vote for him if he won the primary, not before...

Although, Ron Paul is fearless and has never backed down from a republican, democrat or otherwise when it comes to the constitution or the second amendment...

I too have a huge problem with Ron Paul's position on the proactive approach to terrorism; homeland security and others...

I do not support segregating the United States from the rest of the world and fighting terrorist's on U.S. soil when we can take it to them first...

Americans do not cut and run - Charlton Heston., et.al.

Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    He won't get my vote whether he wins the nomination or not.
    Hell no!! He won't get mine either!!

If it comes down to Rudy or Hell ery I will vote 3rd party or not at all. I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evil's is still evil and when you start playing that game you are never really sure which is the lesser.

lesser of two evils

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    If it comes down to Rudy or Hell ery I will vote 3rd party or not at all. I refuse to vote for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evil's is still evil and when you start playing that game you are never really sure which is the lesser.
    I agree with you if you really think that Rudy and Hillary are equally evil. In that case you might as well vote for a 3rd party. This, in reality, would have the same result as if you weren't voting at all, which wouldn't matter since you wouldn't care which evil won anyway.

However, if one is a lesser evil, I think it is better to vote for him/her than for a 3rd party. While it may seem like voting for a 3rd party would be the moral thing to do, in reality it would only be helping the greater of the two evils (by depriving the lesser evil of a vote). Therefore, voting for a 3rd party has the exact same outcome as voting for the greater of two evils.

And no, voting for a 3rd party would not be "making a statement," because even if that 3rd party got 2% of the vote instead of 1%, no one would even take notice.

My conclusion regarding the Republican primaries is that a vote for anyone other than Fred Thompson is a vote for Rudy. Fred is the only one who can, in reality, beat Rudy. Say Rudy got 45% of the vote, Fred got 43% of the vote, and the rest combined got 12% of the vote. It is most likely that Fred would have at least gotten 8 of the 12%, and would therefore have beaten Rudy 51% to 49%. So, once again, you would have basically voted for Rudy.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my comments, but these are just some of my thoughts.

Third party

Quote Originally Posted by ebrinton View Post
    I agree with you if you really think that Rudy and Hillary are equally evil. In that case you might as well vote for a 3rd party. This, in reality, would have the same result as if you weren't voting at all, which wouldn't matter since you wouldn't care which evil won anyway.

However, if one is a lesser evil, I think it is better to vote for him/her than for a 3rd party. While it may seem like voting for a 3rd party would be the moral thing to do, in reality it would only be helping the greater of the two evils (by depriving the lesser evil of a vote). Therefore, voting for a 3rd party has the exact same outcome as voting for the greater of two evils.

And no, voting for a 3rd party would not be "making a statement," because even if that 3rd party got 2% of the vote instead of 1%, no one would even take notice.

My conclusion regarding the Republican primaries is that a vote for anyone other than Fred Thompson is a vote for Rudy. Fred is the only one who can, in reality, beat Rudy. Say Rudy got 45% of the vote, Fred got 43% of the vote, and the rest combined got 12% of the vote. It is most likely that Fred would have at least gotten 8 of the 12%, and would therefore have beaten Rudy 51% to 49%. So, once again, you would have basically voted for Rudy.

I don't mean to offend anyone with my comments, but these are just some of my thoughts.
    The reason a 3rd part can not get elected is because the two headed monster we have in place, I will call it the Republicrates, tells us so over and over. As long as we continue to elect a candadate form their ranks only we will continue to get a president that marches to the tune of the New World Order Crowd. That is why no matter who is in office the national debt continues to go up and our freedoms slowly disapear.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast