A letter from Demint to the New Conservatives
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A letter from Demint to the New Conservatives

Thumbs up A letter from Demint to the New Conservatives

Here's a link to a letter from Sen. Jim Demint; written to the incoming conservatives.

It's definitely worth the read!

Jim DeMint: Welcome, Senate Conservatives - WSJ.com

Thank you for that post!! Glad he can see it!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

I second that thank you. I just hope the new members of the senate actually read it.

Hans

Jim hasn't changed since he went to the Senate. Still a down to earth common sense conservative. There's a lot of talk about him and 2012! I'll be happy if he does...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I'm proud to call him my senator.
    He is one man of integrity that DC hasn't been able to corrupt.

I agree with his assessment.

Unfortunately his advce will probably be totally disregarded.

If the Democrats had followed similar advice after the 2006 elections we would have ended that idiotic war in the Mideast and we would have single payer universal health coverage by now. Unfortunately, history has taught us that the great majority of politicians will act for their own interest rather than the people who elected them.

It all reminds of that congressman from Oregon who was running on a platform enacting term limits. After he was elected he said he intended to seek re-election until "I can get term limits enacted into law."

I do hope your wrong NG.

I think this group of "leaders" may be a different breed of "conservative" republicans. At least it appears that way to me. I just hope they're strong enough to stand up to MSM; and articulate enough to "STAY" on message.

IMHO; If they can do these two things while charting a "TRUE" conservative course, the "electorate" will fully support them.

The "one" and perhaps the BIGGEST difference in 2010 going into 2012 is the "informed" electorate. "IF" the electorate stays engaged and informed this country will be saved and changed for the better.

my .o2c

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    "IF" the electorate stays engaged and informed this country will be saved and changed for the better.

my .o2c
    +1, must stay engaged, active and informed!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

In order to demonstrate the level of the American voter I present the results of the SC Senatorial election.
    If you do not know who Alvin Greene don't feel bad, neither does anyone else.

Jim DeMint* 62% 792,133
    Alvin Greene 28% 358,276 ????????
    Tom Clements 9% 118,952

FN1910 the scary part is 28% voted for a no name wannabe just because he had a 'D' by his name!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast